• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of starting a new character in Skyrim. I've got three achievements left to get--max out the werewolf and vampire skill trees and kill a legendary dragon--and almost no content left to get them with. The only active quests I have in Skyrim are Dark Brotherhood Forever (the few terrible, randomly generated quests, well, two) and a few glitched out Miscellaneous quests I've already completed and gotten the rewards for but they won't vanish from the Misc quest log.

I could try and grind through the Vampire and Werewolf skill trees, almost done the werewolf one, but it's not going to be any fun trying to game my way up to level 70, which is when the Legendary dragons are supposed to start randomly appearing. My current character is level 53 and I don't know how I'll get to 70 in a way that would be remotely fun. If I started over with a completely different character build I could at least do the Companions quest line as soon as I get to Whiterun and just fuck around and have fun as a werewolf for a good chunk of the regular game. I should probably finish some other games first.

The next batch of DLC for Skyrim hasn't even been mentioned yet, has it? I can't seem to find anything regarding Bethesda's plans for the rest of the new content.

feel

Third level of Thief 1 was TERRIBLE, so I bailed out of that game and jumped straight into Thief 2.

Was disappointed to realize that it's almost the same game (had been thinking they had released like 6 years apart but it turns our was just 1 or 2 years apart).

Played the first level and it was nice, but I just wasn't feeling into it anymore, I like stealth but this is just too old to be fun for me.

Will try to get into the slightly more recent Deadly Shadows eventually, but for now took a break from that franchise and moved on to the next thing on my pc gaming backlog: STALKER series.

Installed the Complete mod on Shadow of Chernobyl and played for a bunch of hours today, it's seriously great! <3

Alex

Finished SR3 earlier, glad i let a friend talk me into it, didnt care for SR2 at all but this is one of my favorite games of the past few. Hell of a giant step up, IMO.

DOA

Checked back a few pages didn't see anyone mention it yet, but Darksiders is $4.99 on Greenmangaming today. 75% off.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/darksiders/

Additionally, you can use promo code: PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN for an extra 25% off. $3.74 all said and done.

Edit: This is Steam activated

i've tried to use the the code again (bought Sleeping Dogs the first time) and it doesn't allow me to do it. i even tried to log out and, use the code, and then log back in, but the price returned to it's original one :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i've tried to use the the code again (bought Sleeping Dogs the first time) and it doesn't allow me to do it. i even tried to log out and, use the code, and then log back in, but the price returned to it's original one :(

After ordering Dark Souls , I couldn't use it again until the following day. I think it's intended for use once every 24 hours.

Alex

Im playing the original Darksiders now and thus far it doesn't really seem like its for me. I thought it was supposed to be like a Zelda~GoW hybrid but its more like 99% GoW thus far and the unending stream of mash combat is kinda boring me.

Only like.... maybe 1 and a half or 2 hours in, I think, does this change any more or is this the extent of it?

Im playing the original Darksiders now and thus far it doesn't really seem like its for me. I thought it was supposed to be like a Zelda~GoW hybrid but its more like 99% GoW thus far and the unending stream of mash combat is kinda boring me.

Only like.... maybe 1 and a half or 2 hours in, I think, does this change any more or is this the extent of it?

I can't guarantee to you that you'll start liking it, but my memory of it is that it gets a lot more "Zelda-y" a few hours past where you are now. And for what it's worth, I liked the game.

Most people agree that if you don't like it after the first dungeon you're not going to like the rest of the game either.

camerooni

Neo Member

You didn't get to Tiamat's chapel or whatever it was called.. that whole level reeks of Zelda dungeon design and item use? (It's the level in the demo).

MNC

I'm considering playing L4D2 with randoms...should I be afraid? (._. )

Man up, son. Just play the game and if they start whining, fuck the haters. They won't remember your name anyway as soon as you disconnect. It's just a game. People should stop treating it like a religion.

Is there more gameplay to Toki Tori than just collecting eggs? I'm watching some gameplay. Any penalty for messing up? It seems really straightforward. Why can't the chicken jump?

Gaf, what should I play ? I bought many games during the sales/had sitting there, now I have two weeks of free time and I keep playing Diablo 3 or TF2 when I finaly have a chance to play all these fancy games...

I already beated trine 2, Alan Wake, Mirror's Edge and Deus Ex and ME1. I don't feel like going through American Nightmare or Missing Link, i'd rather something new. Batman, AC: R and Skydrift are requiering an Xbox360 controller (I ordered one, it's coming later this week)

YSv68.jpg

I'm tempted to start EYE, Shogun 2, Call of Prypiat or even Fallout New Vegas but somehow, i fear of starting a new game, with a high progression curve. I became a quick fun whore. That's why I end up booting games I'm confortable with instead of new one.

The real question is : Saint Row 3 : waiting for a pad or try it now ? Same goes for Witcher 2 ? Dead Space 2?

Milamber

I have 100+ hours of it on PS3. Can't stand PC control (and there is a bug that keep switching grenade key binding and vanishing the weapon 1 attack key from vehicule), still, I play it from time to time.

Then Saint's Row the Third. Played the entire game on Kb/M, had no problems with it. Same goes for Witcher 2.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Gaf, what should I play ? I bought many games during the sales/had sitting there, now I have two weeks of free time and I keep playing Diablo 3 or TF2 when I finaly have a chance to play all these fancy games...

I already beated trine 2, Alan Wake, Mirror's Edge and Deus Ex and ME1. I don't feel like going through American Nightmare or Missing Link, i'd rather something new. Batman, AC: R and Skydrift are requiering an Xbox360 controller (I ordered one, it's coming later this week)

I'm tempted to start EYE, Shogun 2, Call of Prypiat or even Fallout New Vegas but somehow, i fear of starting a new game, with a high progression curve. I became a quick fun whore. That's why I end up booting games I'm confortable with instead of new one.

The real question is : Saint Row 3 : waiting for a pad or try it now ? Same goes for Witcher 2 ? Dead Space 2?

Play Shogun! Amazing if you have enough time to dig into it.

Shahadan

Saints Row the Third is surprisingly good with keyboard+mouse

Alex

I have 100+ hours of it on PS3. Can't stand PC control (and there is a bug that keep switching grenade key binding and vanishing the weapon 1 attack key from vehicule), still, I play it from time to time.

Then plug in a 360 pad.

Ooh, youre witing on a pad. Im daft.

Sarcasm

I barely use controllers but when I do its for SR3 and JC2. GTA to a point also.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hm... it seems like Ubisoft handled creating Age of Mythology Gold. Maybe Ubi will put it in Steam?

Weird, Steam keeps tripping Avast today. The only thing I've done to the installation since yesterday was install and play a little Blacklight.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know MS owns the IP, I mean if they'd do the publishing.

Ubi wouldn't be able to put it on Steam without Microsoft's permission, and even if MS did give the go-ahead, I imagine the two would butt heads when it comes to splitting the 70% cut.

Edit: As far as I can tell, Ubi's only involvement with the game was publishing it in later years under its budget label, Ubisoft Exclusive... and, apparently, all the budget versions of the game had/have the same CD key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom