• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomico

What's wrong with this picture?
QPlXK.jpg

Dirt 3 being region locked, is removed from the bundle, yet the price remains the same (Notice the "Regular price vs. bundle part ":lol)

I still <3 you, Steam, I know it's not your fault

Nabs

No thanks, Avast is doing better by me than MSE did.

Avast has been deleting Steam files for the last few days/weeks. You will probably need to create an exception for the Steam folder.

You're not fooling me, Toki767.

I think the reason I hate it is the winter achievement. I need a year break before playing it after being put through that.

I loved those achievements, but I saw what they did to people who didn't play much Toki Tori. You should definitely give it another chance.

BioHazard

What's wrong with this picture?
http://i.imgur.com/QPlXK.jpg[IMG]

Dirt 3 being region locked, is removed from the bundle, yet the price remains the same (Notice the "Regular price vs. bundle part ":lol)

I still <3 you, Steam, I know it's not your fault[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I remember the days when you literally couldn't give Dirt 3 away

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I get why the race drivers are going in circles, but how come the Toki Tori players are? Is it because the game makes you go in circles?

The last time I saw someone contort themselves like this, I paid $20 and got wet.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm actually going to get Cold War Assault when it hits a sale price, as I recently found out it's Operation Flashpoint with the name changed, and I loved that game back then. And it may finally be my chance to finish the game.
Maybe I'll bite and get the whole Arma bundle, though it surely won't have a considerable discount due to the Arma 2 and DayZ stuff.

Yeah, I'm really late to the party with that one. It was actually on the Xbox as Operation Flashpoint, but I never paid any attention to it back then. Military sims were just never on my radar, but footage of ARMA 2 made me want to check out Bohemia Interactive's work.

Other than some hilarious looking character models and the outdated visuals, it wears it's age well in the gameplay department. Not a bad way to spend $5.99 and makes today's shooters seem pathetic by comparison.

LOL, maybe one of these days I'll catch up and have a rig that can handle ARMA 2 and also 3 when it comes out. But for now, I'll just enjoy this and may pick up Combat Operaions for $7.99 as well. The demo ran well enough on normal. Probably best I get the hang of these games before jumping head first into the newer ones anyway.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm really late to the party with that one. It was actually on the Xbox as Operation Flashpoint, but I never paid any attention to it back then. Military sims were just never on my radar, but footage of ARMA 2 made me want to check out Bohemia Interactive's work.

Other than some hilarious looking character models and the outdated visuals, it wears it's age well in the gameplay department. Not a bad way to spend $5.99 and makes today's shooters seem pathetic by comparison.

LOL, maybe one of these days I'll catch up and have a rig that can handle ARMA 2 and also 3 when it comes out. But for now, I'll just enjoy this and may pick up Combat Operaions for $7.99 as well. The demo ran well enough on normal. Probably best I get the hang of these games before jumping head first into the newer ones anyway.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! It's terribly hard sometimes, but a fantastic experience nonetheless. I don't know whether the newer Arma games are worth it, but if they are in any way similar to Operation Flashpoint, I won't regret the purchase in the slightest (I'm not interested at all in DayZ, so that won't be an incentive for getting Arma 2: CO).

Avast has been deleting Steam files for the last few days/weeks. You will probably need to create an exception for the Steam folder.

This sounds like it. I scanned with Superantispyware and Malwarebytes both of which found nothing so I submitted a false-positive report.

Blizzard

Banned
It flagged one of the DLLs for me, but when I scanned it after relaunching Steam (and thus redownloading), Avast had no problem with the updated version. I haven't had to create any exceptions or had other issues with Steam/antivirus in the last few weeks.

Phinor

Sleeping Dogs is 30% off at GMG for the next 24 hours.

GMG offers are so random. Half the time the numbers don't even add up. Sleeping Dogs with 25% discount code drops it down to 33.75€, meanwhile Sleeping Dogs with 30% code drops it down to 34.65€. Does it work better for £ or $ customers?

They have five different discount codes, seven individual discount codes, random prices on every game that change daily, sometimes hourly. Some codes work for few minutes, others do something they shouldn't do. All in all, you are lucky to get the best pre-order price from them.

But I still keep using them. Just not on Sleeping Dogs because it's much cheaper elsewhere thanks to £ pricing available on other sites.

It flagged one of the DLLs for me, but when I scanned it after relaunching Steam (and thus redownloading), Avast had no problem with the updated version. I haven't had to create any exceptions or had other issues with Steam/antivirus in the last few weeks.

It keeps flagging for me even after re-downloading. I'm still trying to figure out how to make Avast ignore the folder completely. The exclusion I made is apparently only good for scans, not whatever active defense thing it keeps tripping.

1-D_FTW

Gallagher is not a contortionist, his show costs more than $20, and only the first 4 rows are in the danger zone. Premise invalidated.

You're like a walking encyclopedia of Gallagher knowledge. Premise confirmed:)

I'm just not a fan of pure puzzle games. For 1.24, though, I'd recommend everyone buy and judge for themselves.

morningbus

You're like a walking encyclopedia of Gallagher knowledge. Premise confirmed:)

I'm just not a fan of pure puzzle games. For 1.24, though, I'd recommend everyone buy and judge for themselves.

I blame Comedy Central in the 90s for this knowledge.

morningbus

I'm going to pass on Toki Tori again just to spite MorningBus.

Stormfront is that way, Snuggler.

Yours is an ideology that becomes ever more irrelevant with each passing generation. You may never play Toki-Tori, but your children will.

1-D_FTW

Did anyone else get a bunch of PMs from a gaffer yesterday about organizing a counter-proposal to the new EULA? Not really sure why I was flagged as someone sympathetic to the cause.

1-D_FTW

I can't believe people get so worked up about stuff like that.

And all the more curious since I stated people were being pedantic and most people didn't give a fuck in the official thread.

I know I can be a little cheeky sometimes about where I'm really coming from, but it's not like I was being subtle and open to confusion on my stance.

I really wish they would release some system reqs for Sleeping Dogs. I'm not worried that I won't meet them but it seems really weird that the game is coming out in 2 weeks and nothing has been released yet.

MRORANGE

I really wish they would release some system reqs for Sleeping Dogs. I'm not worried that I won't meet them but it seems really weird that the game is coming out in 2 weeks and nothing has been released yet.

not a real indication but:

from their Japanese website:

Microsft Windows Vista ® / Windows 7: OS
CPU: 2.4GHz or Intel ® Core2Duo 2.0GHz AthlonX2
more than 2GB: Main Memory
DirectX ® 10/11: graphics board or more ATI Radeon 3870 or AMD ATI card NVIDIA ® GeForce8800GT or NVIDIA ® more than 320MB: graphics memory
10GB: HDD capacity disk drive

^I'm guessing minimal requirments, the Google translation isn't that great.

Woorloog

Banned
Damn, Return to Castle Wolfenstein is $2.49. Loved the hell out of it back on PS2. I may pick it up, not sure.

Thank you! Always wanted to play this but somehow never got around buying this.
45 mins longer and i would've missed the deal...
Too bad i can't actually play the game now though, along with the rest of my Steam library...

Blizzard

Banned
Thank you! Always wanted to play this but somehow never got around buying this.
45 mins longer and i would've missed the deal...
Too bad i can't actually play the game now though, along with the rest of my Steam library...
What happened to your library?

I only ever played the free multiplayer parts of ET:RTCW. If I don't own the singleplayer I will try to pick that up.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, it can seriously prevent people from preordering the game, for fear of not meeting the minimum requirements. That's what happening to me with Hitman Absolution, wouldn't like to spend 34 bucks for a game I can't even run.

Derrick01

Banned
Hmmm Those actually seem pretty easy to meet for an open world game. Hopefully it's optimized like many of the other Square-Enix-Eidos games.

Rumor has it that the game won't support XP users at all. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. But not hearing anything about the PC version is very unlike Eidos and I'm worried it'll be a worse port than saints row 3.

derExperte

I'll have to check that one out, AVG seems to get worse and worse over time. System hog too.

NOD32 is getting worse and worse as well, it's not nearly as good anymore as it once was. Too slow, in comparison average detection rates and expensive. Imo AVAST is still very good (waaay better than MSE in everything) but one of the best now is Norton, I know they were bad once and have a bad rep but they're number one in a lot of categories, even system resource use.

Why is it the best one?

It isn't. Basically lives off of it's good reputation from around five years ago but they've fallen behind.

Woorloog

Banned
What happened to your library?

I only ever played the free multiplayer parts of ET:RTCW. If I don't own the singleplayer I will try to pick that up.

Try to play games with an overheating laptop. Over ten old games can make this thing overheat...
Yeah, i know, somethings wrong with this thing but since i mostly use this for browsing, i don't bother fixing the issue. Need to get newer hardware soon anyway.
So, i have a Steam library but it is just sitting there, waiting to be played.

Gvaz

Banned
Why is it the best one?
Low memory footprint, low cpu overhead, lots of power and customization. Good with catching shit that is bad and ignoring safe or false positive files.

It isn't. Basically lives off of it's good reputation from around five years ago but they've fallen behind.
I've used most of the other popular shit lately and NOD32 is the best one I've used that wasn't a memory hog, that didn't have a lack of features and fine advanced controls, and didn't report every little generic compression program as a virus in disguise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've used most of the other popular shit lately and NOD32 is the best one I've used that wasn't a memory hog, that didn't have a lack of features and fine advanced controls, and didn't report every little generic compression program as a virus in disguise.

If you didn't say NOD32 in particular, I'd have thought you were referring to MSE.

Edit: The new Dailies are Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics, by the way (-66%/$3.39).

Edit 2: The three are available in a package for $6.79.

MNC

Nice! The original Fallouts are on sale. Though 66% is a bit low for such a game. Though still a great game. I'll probably bite...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom