• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to help me with L4D2? I keep getting this error message when I start a game
"Server is enforcing consistency for this file" and then it says something about the hunter, only just installed the game so I don't have any add ons or anything.

Anyone able to help me with L4D2? I keep getting this error message when I start a game
"Server is enforcing consistency for this file" and then it says something about the hunter, only just installed the game so I don't have any add ons or anything.

L4D2 right click -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I didn't check Steam yesterday (forgot), but it seems i've missed Return to the Castle Wolfenstein for 2,49?

That's a shame. I wouldn't ever play it, but I'd buy it, even if only for the good times I had with Enemy Territory back then.

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't check Steam yesterday (forgot), but it seems i've missed Return to the Castle Wolfenstein for 2,49?

That's a shame. I wouldn't ever play it, but I'd buy it, even if only for the good times I had with Enemy Territory back then.
Oh, I didn't realize it was part of the Quake week stuff. I missed it too then, maybe next year.

Fallout Tactics - Is it similar to Jagged Alliance?

There isn't an overall "takeover" mechanic as in Jagged Alliance but as far as tactical combat, yes it is.

GMG ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE 25% off till Friday. Seems like they may have fixed some order issues. Let's hope a new pre-order pops up this week.......X-Com

HoosTrax

Kinda. But if we're talking about Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 it doesn't even holds candle to it.
Yeah sorry, I meant JA2 - I don't have the first Jagged Alliance game or the horrible remake.

---

$17 for Cannon Fodder...wait wasn't Cannon Fodder a 2D side scrolling arcade game. I'm confused.

RE: Green Man Gaming's Sleeping Dogs offer. UK price is £20.79 with code SLEEP-DOGSA-T40PC, the Order Not Complete voucher won't stack with it.

Meanwhile, for the two people who don't already own it, the Magicka Collection is $7.49/£5.74/€7.49 on Gamersgate. Apparently, this includes The Other Side of the Coin as well.

Fireblend

Banned
Well, only 2 more cases and I'll be done with L.A. Bore (get it? Because it's boring as hell). After that it'll be Darksiders and Deus Ex: Human Revolution for me, brighter times ahead! :D

Secret Files 3 has been added to the coming soon section. It's a point-and-click adventure and has been one of my most anticipated games for awhile.

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/216210/?snr=1_4_4__105_1

The first game is pretty good while the second isn't bad, they got rid of the voice actor to play the main character and I didn't care for the new girl who did the main character's voice. Also, the locations weren't quite as interesting to me. Puzzles are fine in both but I thought they were more challenging in the first game.

Enco

RE: Green Man Gaming's Sleeping Dogs offer. UK price is £20.79 with code SLEEP-DOGSA-T40PC, the Order Not Complete voucher won't stack with it.

Meanwhile, for the two people who don't already own it, the Magicka Collection is $7.49/£5.74/€7.49 on Gamersgate. Apparently, this includes The Other Side of the Coin as well.

and i bought it for 25% off :(

damn that $2.5 i'm missing :p
The 25% off code got me the game for £20.25

Seems like Steam is selling the Fallout Collection and neither Valve nor Bethesda have done anything to ensure they run on modern machines. *slow golf clap*

Oh, it's Interplay still, crazy.

Either way, my business is still being funneled towards GOG.com because people are too fucking lazy to ensure old games at least *run* on modern machines when they try to sell them on Steam.

Either way, my business is still being funneled towards GOG.com because people are too fucking lazy to ensure old games at least *run* on modern machines when they try to sell them on Steam.

Yep, it's why I'd prefer to see LucasArts' catalog on GOG.

Well it's one of the reasons.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Fallout on GOG and Steam appear to be exactly the same to me. I didn't notice any difference between either version.

A quick precursory scan of the Fallout Steampowered user forum showed people complaining that the Steam versions do not run and most pointing others towards gog.com.

xJavonta

Banned
Gaf, what should I play ? I bought many games during the sales/had sitting there, now I have two weeks of free time and I keep playing Diablo 3 or TF2 when I finaly have a chance to play all these fancy games...

I already beated trine 2, Alan Wake, Mirror's Edge and Deus Ex and ME1. I don't feel like going through American Nightmare or Missing Link, i'd rather something new. Batman, AC: R and Skydrift are requiering an Xbox360 controller (I ordered one, it's coming later this week)

I'm tempted to start EYE, Shogun 2, Call of Prypiat or even Fallout New Vegas but somehow, i fear of starting a new game, with a high progression curve. I became a quick fun whore. That's why I end up booting games I'm confortable with instead of new one.

The real question is : Saint Row 3 : waiting for a pad or try it now ? Same goes for Witcher 2 ? Dead Space 2?
Play Orcs Must Die! New Vegas is boatloads of fun once you get past the ass ugly graphics.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Sigh. I would buy the Fallouts but guess if people are complaining about issues I will hold off. Wish Steam was more like GOG in this respect. Since I want all my games on Steam!

MRORANGE

So does the money go to Interplay for Fallout 1/2 ? I thought the license agreement between Interplay and Bethesda meant that Interplay could only make a "Fallout" MMO and no other games of the series or re-publish the backlog fallout games or is that what the Bethesda lawyers tried to pull in court to stop them making a mmo?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
A quick precursory scan of the Fallout Steampowered user forum showed people complaining that the Steam versions do not run and most pointing others towards gog.com.

Untouched Steam/GOG copies ran fine for me on Windows 7 64-bit. Both were incredibly simple to mod for custom resolutions. Most of the time GOG just writes a new installer for games and then links to the community fixes.

Game Guru

Fallout on GOG and Steam appear to be exactly the same to me. I didn't notice any difference between either version.

Yeah, what IS the difference between the Fallout games on GOG and the ones on Steam? I've got the GOG version of Fallout from their giveaway and it works just fine on my laptop.

Nabs

The Behemoth (developer sub) got added to the registry today. They are the guys behind Castle Crashers, and the new BattleBlock Theater. I wonder when we'll see them on Steam.

The Behemoth (developer sub) got added to the registry today. They are the guys behind Castle Crashers, and the new BattleBlock Theater. I wonder when we'll see them on Steam.

About damn time. I've wanted Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers on PC for a long time now. Hopefully they'll be ported, or at least have BattleBlock release on PC.

Voidguts

oh man. I'd buy Castle Crashers again on Steam in a heartbeat.

Looks like there are two levels left to Sniper Elite V2, I can't wait to beat this game and just move on. At times it's rewarding, others it's kind of frustrating but overall it's just soooo slow. You have to crouch walk everywhere, to minimise your visible profile and, more importantly, keep your heart rate down for when you need to snipe. Also at times it feels kind of trial and error with how and when it spawns enemy waves.

Salsa

fuckin MEGATON if there is one. I need Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid HD, need it

My wishes came true! I can rely on steam buddies for multiplayer goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom