• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Conviction is hugely fun with a buddy. Especially rewarding when you both are actually good at stealth

The thing that broke me on conviction was the silent takeout = magic super shot mode.
Totally broke immersion for me. Might as well have had a Hyper meter and supermoves at that point.

Looked real pretty though.

I thought it looked kinda poor. Well gameplay was fine I guess but character models were not the greatest.

Bentendo

Has this been posted yet?

Final Fantasy 7 coming to Steam - Leak Suggests (from Eurogamer)

Eurogamer said:
A new edition of Final Fantasy 7 could finally be released on Steam, a leaked product description suggests.

The fresh version will include Steam features such as achievements (36 of them) and cloud saving as well as online profiles for you to compare game progress with friends.
There will also be a new Character Booster item to max-out your HP, MP and Gil levels for when you "find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down".

The new information briefly appeared on FinalFantasyVIIPC.com, a domain that Final Fantasy developer Square Enix registered on 15th June (as spotted by the GOG Forum).
The page is still visible via Google's sneaky cache.

Square Enix listed the digital download as £7.99/€9.99.

It wouldn't be the first time Square Enix has considered releasing the game on Steam. Steam registry entries for Final Fantasy 7 and 8 were discovered in June last year.
Eurogamer has asked Square Enix for comment.

What in sweet lords name is wrong with the controls in dead space 1. Standing still the mouse sensitivity is fine but once I actually try to move and turn at the same time I turn into a tank and practically have to swing my mouse to turn. Am I missing something?

Try switching around between vsync on and off in game or off in game and on in a dead space profile in your videocards control panel. DS being a dark game you are probably going to want the vsync on though.

However the best solution for almost every game is D3D overrider. You can find it packaged together with rivatuner here http://www.guru3d.com/category/rivatuner/

You dont need rivatuner, so once you find the D3D overrider folder delete everything else. Drop the D3D overrider folder anywhere you want. Somewhere in program files would be the most out of the way place. Then double click the exe.

Start with windows > on
Global profile > your choice but I leave it off

Now click on the + sign and find the Dead Space exe and add it.

Application detection level > high
Force triple buffering > on
Enable VSync > on

Now just minimize it and leave it in the tray. This program will help with crisper mouse movements for many games so you want to have it always start with windows and always minimize it instead of clicking the x. Any other games you have a problem with just add a profile for it and give it a try. If it doesnt work for that game then delete the profile for that game.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
What in sweet lords name is wrong with the controls in dead space 1. Standing still the mouse sensitivity is fine but once I actually try to move and turn at the same time I turn into a tank and practically have to swing my mouse to turn. Am I missing something?
Use a controller. Works great to me. Mouse sucks and I couldn't get it to feel right.

1-D_FTW

I don't think Conviction is a horrible game either. If you go in with low expectations, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. It's not a great game like Chaos Theory, but other than Chaos Theory, I think all the Splinter Cell games have major issues. Conviction is probably my second favorite (although it's a long ways behind Chaos Theory).

As for Deus Ex, it's probably in my Top 5 for favorite games of all time. And I really liked DX: HR. Deus Ex 2, however, is possibly my most ranted about game of all time. Luckily, I've made a conscious effort to wipe most of it from my memory and I've done a pretty good job of denying its existence now.

stuminus3

Use a controller. Works great to me. Mouse sucks and I couldn't get it to feel right.
The controller sucks in Dead Space 1 too though, there's a massive dead zone on the analog sticks that isn't present on the 360 version. They fixed it for Dead Space 2, thankfully.

oh fuck - I literally just bought deus ex human revolution missing link like less than a week ago. I spent 15, and this sale has it for less than four. 11 bucks straight to nowhere.

Derrick01

Banned

I will be so upset if we get that before we get Kotor 2 on steam. I mean that's just ridiculous, who thought we would end up getting FF7 even if it's been in the registry forever?

theinfinityissue said:
oh fuck - I literally just bought deus ex human revolution missing link like less than a week ago. I spent 15, and this sale has it for less than four. 11 bucks straight to nowhere.

Look at it as you're supporting an awesome developer and giving Square Enix more of an excuse to pump them full of money.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Dead Space deadzone controller
I have heard many people say this but maybe I am just ignorant of what a dead zone feels like as I don't feel anything odd. Using a wireless 360 controller. But I am into chapter 6 and haven't had an issue yet.

I wont look too hard as if I do I will probably notice it and my fun will be ruined, like when you notice one dead pixel on your beautiful hdtv and cannot ignore it.

Blizzard

Banned
Was it worth $15 for you? If so, you spent a reasonable amount to support the company and got your money's worth! If not, you should have waited. :^P

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Here's another thing for everybody in this thread to remember: If Green Man Gaming or Amazon put a game on sale, specially a game that's very Steam-frendly (for instance, Deus Ex is Steamworks), you can bet your sweet ass that Steam will either price match it on a weekend/daily sale or, since we're this close to the Summer sale, it'll be a daily deal.

Green Man gaming had a Deus Ex/Square Enix deal either early this week or the last week and I was 100% sure that the same deal would appear either prior to the Summer Sale or in the summer sale itself. As expected, here we are.

I will be so upset if we get that before we get Kotor 2 on steam. I mean that's just ridiculous, who thought we would end up getting FF7 even if it's been in the registry forever?

Look at it as you're supporting an awesome developer and giving Square Enix more of an excuse to pump them full of money.

That's actually a really good way to look at it. I did just re-play HR and it was still pretty thoroughly awesome. Definitely the best game of last year. I hope we end up seeing more at some point.

Derrick01

Banned
Hasn't FF7 and Kotor2 been in the registry for the same amount of time?

I didn't even know kotor 2 was in the registry. But I'm sure most would have expected to get that first then some windows 98 game that was kind of just thrown out there with pretty bad support back then. Lucasarts is a joke.

DagsJT

Driver SF is a bit buggy then.

First time I load it, it starts to load my saved game, starts to show the map, then the driver.exe crashes. Load it again, tells me it can't connect to UBI servers but plays fine. Managed to repeat this twice now.

And just playing the game, and it decides my pad doesn't work anymore. Had to use the keyboard to quit out and go back in.

Sloppy.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Tribes Ascend just got added to the registry :)

FUCK YES. Combined with Blacklight Retribution's supposed Steam launch early July, I can't wait to see the numbers of players on these games explode. Maybe finally the "all F2P games are shite" mentality will stop...

Lothars

I didn't even know kotor 2 was in the registry. But I'm sure most would have expected to get that first then some windows 98 game that was kind of just thrown out there with pretty bad support back then. Lucasarts is a joke.
I am not sure if it is in the registry, I was just hoping it was since Kotor has been out on steam for so long.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I've got the following keys to give away. If you want one just quote this and I'll PM it to you. One per person.

Fate of the World Denial DLC
Ben There, Dan That!, Time Gentlemen, Please!
Sequence (the key Feep gave to me but I ended up buying the game)
PixelJunk Eden
Noitu Love 2
Bastion
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, Braid

Bastion please ?:p

I've got the following keys to give away. If you want one just quote this and I'll PM it to you. One per person.

PixelJunk Eden
Noitu Love 2
Bastion

Noitu love 2?

PixelJunk Eden
Noitu Love 2
Bastion

Noitu love 2 please?
Edit: Dammit seconds late :p

feel

PixelJunk Eden
Noitu Love 2
Bastion
Pixeljunk please

TGMIII

PixelJunk Eden
Noitu Love 2
Bastion

I'll take Lone Survivor.

PixelJunk Eden
Noitu Love 2
Bastion
PixelJunk Eden?! Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom