• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I didn't even know kotor 2 was in the registry. But I'm sure most would have expected to get that first then some windows 98 game that was kind of just thrown out there with pretty bad support back then. Lucasarts is a joke.

Isn't Kotor 2 like horribly horribly broken on Windows 7?

1-D_FTW

I put off KOTOR 2 because I kept waiting for the unreleased content mod. Then I just forgot about ever playing it. Seems the mod was actually released? Anybody ever play it? Did it live up to all the pre-release hype?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I put off KOTOR 2 because I kept waiting for the unreleased content mod. Then I just forgot about ever playing it. Seems the mod was actually released? Anybody ever play it? Did it live up to all the pre-release hype?

Unmodded Kotor 2 is still better than Kotor 1.

It had me hyped like crazy for Kotor 3 too.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Would this work? Been interested in PayDay since the L4D crossover was announced. Was waiting till the sale to see if I could get a good discount.
It's worked before for the other stuff they've offered, so it'll probably work for Payday.

Nabs

I don't think they do trials anymore. They have monthly @ $7ish, 3 months @ $15, and a year @ $30. It's not a bad deal.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't think they do trials anymore. They have monthly @ $7ish, 3 months @ $15, and a year @ $30. It's not a bad deal.

30 bucks a year now? Hmmmm.

I'd only want it for the free games though.

If only there was a guaranteed Steam game each month. I'd call it my Steam subscription.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Bought the Dues Ex deal. Such a good price especially as I've never played any of the games before. How many of the games are compatible with the 360 controller?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I finally upgraded fully changed my old PC last week so i can actually play games. It feels good man.

Already put 200 aside for the summer sale. Let's do this! Don't disappoint me Steam.

mr. grape

Yeah, they don't. They haven't had any in months due to all the abuse they got when they offered them. I'm surprised they had them for as long as they did..

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You are a horrible person if you don't own the original Deus Ex.

Oh I own it but I've tried to finish the game 3 times and always end up getting bored near the end of hong-kong. 42 hours and I still haven't seen the ending to that game.

1-D_FTW

Guacamelee was added to the registry as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emtBP3DEFHw I guess it'll hit PC once they are allowed to (PS3/Vita timed exclusive).

Saw a video of that for the first time a couple days ago. Looks pretty fun. Glad it's not exclusive.

Speaking of Deus Ex, does the original game runs on win7 64 bits fine ? I think i still got the CD around.

I've got the disc lying around too, but for reasons unknown, I'm tempted to finally double down this time. I never double down.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I really need to get KOTOR if I can get it cheap in the Summer Sale. I actually bought it at launch back in 2003 I think, but I wound up selling it on eBay after just a short stint. I think my PC wasn't too up to snuff back then, and back then you could resell retail games (IMAGINE THAT!). I tried years later to play it on 360 via backwards compatibility and I still never got off the first planet before quitting.

If it hits $5 I will bite.

Neiteio

Welp! Deus Ex: Augmented Edition and three DLC packs (Missing Link among them), all for just $15? I already have this game on PS3 but time to DOUBLE DIP.

And it looks like The Missing Link can be booted up separately under its own tab, so I might actually play some of my purchase, lol.

Now where the fuck is PC Catherine? I always associate these titles together.

Just in case it wasn't known Japanese Sworcery has remixed tracks by the following.

Michiru Yamane (Castlevania Symphony of the Night)
Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill) Baiyon (PixelJunk 4am)
Mitsuto Suzuki (Final Fantasy XIII – 2)
Macotom
Decassegui Hip

You can buy it here and itunes.
Well worth it.

EagleEyes

Man I just tried the Risen 2 demo and the framerate is an absolute slideshow. I got a freakin GTX 680 lol. Anybody else have this problem with either the demo or the full game cause other than that the demo seems pretty cool. I even turned all the settings down and lowered the rez to 720p and its still a nightmare.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Man I just tried the Risen 2 demo and the framerate is an absolute slideshow. I got a freakin GTX 680 lol. Anybody else have this problem with either the demo or the full game cause other than that the demo seems pretty cool. I even turned all the settings down and lowered the rez to 720p and its still a nightmare.

I'm running on a 580 and the beta was super smooth for me. Sounds like some other sort of issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom