• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

I freaking love it when you get discounts for previously owned games. New Lego Batman for $25? YES Please. Hopefully there will be more of those type discounts during the next sale. IIRC they did something similar during the summer sale 2 years ago. Sure beats out paying full price to get a game missing from a complete pub catalog that's 75% off.

Mrbob

Anyone play Vessel yet? Not at home but it looks very interesting. Would like to hear how it plays. Native 360 controller support?

Mrbob

Wired is the only way to go!

Vessel purchase full steam ahead. The mobile app such a blessing and curse. Too easy to purchase games anywhere!

BioHazard

I think this is the sale I finally get Farming Simulator 2011...

.....soon....

I would love to get most of my wishlist except for obvious ones like Torchlight 2, Black Ops 2, Dark Eye, etc

And I could go for a good discount on the Popcap complete pack, been wanting that for a while. Don't let me down Brother Gabe

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Look at Alan Wake's MSRP. Realize that it will be 40-60% off for the summer sale, 66-80% if it is featured as a daily deal. Compare the numbers.

The only real exception for this is games that might end up in bundles. For example, there might be an Alan Wake + American Nightmare bundle that is even more aggressively priced. Or if you want to buy, say, Battlefield 3 Syndicate ... Just Cause 2, you might also find that there's a full-publisher pack that's more aggressively discounted (say $49 for 30+ games from a publisher)

SHIT I want to buy some games but I'm scared. :p THE SAVINGS.

Should I wait to get Lego Batman 2? I want it, but I want Prototype 2 also, but I don't know if those games will get a discount this summer sale, what do you think guys? Thank you

Should I wait to get Batman Lego 2? I want it, but I want also Prototype 2, but I don't know if those games will get a discount this summer sale, what do you think guys? Thank you

I think if it's something you want to play badly right now then just buy it.

They'll probably have small discounts. Prototype 2, especially, won't have a major discount since it's Activision.

Good point. If you want Prototype 2 just look for it cheap on Amazon or in a store like Best Buy. You'll find it cheaper at one of those places than you will on Steam.

Prototype 2 will be released in a month, so a long time after the Summer Sale ಠ_ಠ

My bad. I haven't followed the game at all, obviously.

But my point still stands. Wait a bit after it's released and I'm sure Amazon or a retail store will have it cheap.

Joe Molotov

Lovin' that 5% discount on Lego Batman 2 for previous Lego owners. :lol

I mean, 15% off a new release isn't bad, but if all you can offer is 5% as a loyalty bonus, it's kinda like "really?"

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Should I wait to get Lego Batman 2? I want it, but I want Prototype 2 also, but I don't know if those games will get a discount this summer sale, what do you think guys? Thank you

Retail games that release this close to the summer sale generally get 10-20% off, if anything. But Kane and Lynch 2 was $5 within something like 8 weeks of release, for one of the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Fall sales. So, there's always a chance.

Ok guys, thank you, I think that I will buy Lego Batman 2, because I really want to play it, and Prototype 2... I think that I'll wait until I see it cheaper on Amazon... thank you for your advices! :D

MRORANGE

Look at Alan Wake's MSRP. Realize that it will be 40-60% off for the summer sale, 66-80% if it is featured as a daily deal. Compare the numbers.

The only real exception for this is games that might end up in bundles. For example, there might be an Alan Wake + American Nightmare bundle that is even more aggressively priced. Or if you want to buy, say, Battlefield 3 Syndicate ... Just Cause 2, you might also find that there's a full-publisher pack that's more aggressively discounted (say $49 for 30+ games from a publisher)

Retail games that release this close to the summer sale generally get 10-20% off, if anything. But Kane and Lynch 2 was $5 within something like 8 weeks of release, for one of the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Fall sales. So, there's always a chance.

Stump have ever thought of writing a thesis on How Steam sale patterns effects human psyche and rationality?

would be a interesting read...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stump have ever thought of writing a thesis on How Steam sale patterns effects human psyche and rationality?

would be a interesting read...

Cognitive Impairment, Collective Effervescence, and Explorations of Delayed Gratification in the Western Male Mind of the Steam Gamer: A Rope of Sand

Thesis Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Pre-requisites for the Degree of

Doctorate of Philosophy (Psychology)

by Steven Tump

kaskade

My credit card is all empty so I think I'm going to budget myself like 100 bucks for the sale. That should be enough to fill up my backlog.

Cognitive Impairment, Collective Effervescence, and Explorations of Delayed Gratification in the Western Male Mind of the Steam Gamer: A Rope of Sand

Thesis Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Pre-requisites for the Degree of

Doctorate of Philosophy (Psychology)

by Steven Tump

is this your real name?

please let this be your real name

that would be awesome

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
First time I've had this bullcrap

capturel3k10.png

Apparently he's a part of the GAF Steam group. That's how he found me.

If this is a joke or not, I would kick that guy out.

Is there a reason why Bullet Candy Perfect is on Desura while Steam still has vanilla?

Also Escape Goat needs to be on Steam ASAP. It's fantastic.

yeah, I just got around to redeeming my Desura keys

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there a reason why Bullet Candy Perfect is on Desura while Steam still has vanilla?

If I remember correctly, the wanted to sell it as a separate game and there was some dispute, and he refused to update/patch the existing copies on Steam. That might be apocryphal, but I think that's the story I've always seen told.

Dascu

Also Escape Goat needs to be on Steam ASAP. It's fantastic.

yeah, I just got around to redeeming my Desura keys

I thought it was kind of meh.

No, it's really really goat good.

If I remember correctly, the wanted to sell it as a separate game and there was some dispute, and he refused to update/patch the existing copies on Steam. That might be apocryphal, but I think that's the story I've always seen told.

Oh, now that you mention it I think I remember something along these lines. People were suggesting to make it DLC like Beat Hazard Ultra but I guess the dev just couldn't be arsed.

I thought it was kind of meh.

No, it's really really goat good.

This didn't work on me, I already saw your post in the other thread.

Dascu

I don't think goats say meh, I think it's always multiple syllables of me-eh-eh-eh.

I'd love to continue this fascination discussion on the zoology of our hoofed brethren and their mating cries, but then Stumpokapow will barge in and chastise us for devolving this thread into an IRC surrogate.

So uhh... How about them Steam sales, eh fellas?

feel

What's the max amount you can have in your Steam wallet? I was trying to get some money in there so it's faster to checkout during the sales but it's giving me an error when I try to get $100 more on top of the $102.50 I have there, but it doesn't say what's the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom