• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Cannot recommend this enough; the CE price isn't live yet but I recommend getting it once it is (Should be ~$11-$12) as the OST is worth every penny.

American Nightmare is great too but I'd wait for a sale (I didn't and don't regret it, but it's SALE SEASON).

Crap, there is a CE? does the regular edition not contain the extra episodes?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crap, there is a CE? does the regular edition not contain the extra episodes?

Both editions come with the same in-game content. The CE extras are:

- Developer Commentary Videos (delivered via PiP, IIRC)
- Illustrated PDF Book
- Soundtrack

Tess3ract

Banned
What? The CE is $11.88 and includes everything the regular edition ($10.18) has, plus the stuff in JaseC's post.
It would have been nice had that been the option when I bought Alan Wake earlier. It was listed as an "upgrade" that was $10 by itself, no discount.

This was on gmg

Chittagong

Gold Member
Here are my wishes for the summer sale

- Alan Wake American Nightmare
- Assassins Creed Revelaitons
- Max Payne 3
- Witcher 2
- Skyrim
- Mass Effect 3
cries

Will bite if any of these are on good offers. Also, Ridge Racer Unbounded is a buy if it's 75% off

JaseC

I wouldn't pay more than the price of a movie ticket for Max Payne 3, because you'll spend far more time spectating than playing.

Edit: Spectating, not speculating, haha.

Edit 2:
[The frequency of cutscenes] really is ridiculous, and the entire game is like that -- at no point do you play for more than 10-15 minutes at a time (excluding retries, obviously).

Man, when I posted the deal with Alan Wake I didn't know the Collector's Edition was due to be discounted also, they hadn't put price yet. Sorry.

Alan Wake bought. Hopefully it'll only be a few days before it turns out Steam has it even cheaper :p

Yeah, that's why I'm holding out. That deal is ONLY 66% I will wait for 75% during the summer sale lol. Don't get wrong $10 is great but I've played it on 360 already lol wouldn't mind another run through though.

Baha

Yeah, that's why I'm holding out. That deal is ONLY 66% I will wait for 75% during the summer sale lol. Don't get wrong $10 is great but I've played it on 360 already lol wouldn't mind another run through though.

You could get it for $7 if you haven't used the Disciples 2 trade in credit yet.

Only thing I'm really hoping for is Rayman. Expect it'll be a daily but hopefully one of the earlier days. It's so depressing waking up and thinking, the Steam sale is probably the only thing I have to look forward to.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
You could get it for $7 if you haven't used the Disciples 2 trade in credit yet.
Yep, I had that + Dark Sector to trade in because I had never played that so only paid £3 or so for the collectors edition. I still think Steam will probably end up with the game at 75% off next week or something but because of my credit GMG is cheaper.

Edit: Went for the CE because I'm a sucker for a soundtrack.

Only thing I'm really hoping for is Rayman. Expect it'll be a daily but hopefully one of the earlier days. It's so depressing waking up and thinking, the Steam sale is probably the only thing I have to look forward to.
I bought that for £10 in the last Steam deal for it, well worth that too. If it goes to 75% off anyone with half an interest in platformers should buy it, no question.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Finally got to level 4 in Grimrock. Effin' spiders SUCK! I recommend people pick this game up during the Steam Sale if they are the least bit interested. This is the game that finally pushed me over the edge to get a new PC and I haven't regretted either purchase one bit. So great.

I love this PC renaissance we are experiencing. What is old is new.

Finally got to level 4 in Grimrock. Effin' spiders SUCK! I recommend people pick this game up during the Steam Sale if they are the least bit interested. This is the game that finally pushed me over the edge to get a new PC and I haven't regretted either purchase one bit. So great.

I love this PC renaissance we are experiencing. What is old is new.

Im on floor 9 now. Some of the intricate transfloor pathways become very interesting.

Relax.MX

I've had in recent weeks and a lot of work and not been aware to sales or anything, for example what is "Disciples 2 trade in credit"??

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've had in recent weeks and a lot of work and not been aware to sales or anything, for example what is "Disciples 2 trade in credit"??

It's a promotion that Green Man Gaming did where you could buy Disciples 2 for $0.00 then trade it back in the next day for $5 credit on the Green Man Gaming store. Any discussion of that promotion in this thread relates to using that free $5 voucher on Steamworks games on the GMG store.

It's a promotion that Green Man Gaming did where you could buy Disciples 2 for $0.00 then trade it back in the next day for $5 credit on the Green Man Gaming store. Any discussion of that promotion in this thread relates to using that free $5 voucher on Steamworks games on the GMG store.

I don't know what happened but I only have $3 (I used to have $5)

kaskade

Actually one of the games I'm most excited to get during the sale is Portal 2. I never bought it for the Xbox since I figured I would rather play it on PC which I finally now have.

JaseC

Actually one of the games I'm most excited to get during the sale is Portal 2. I never bought it for the Xbox since I figured I would rather play it on PC which I finally now have.

You haven't played Portal 2?

Valve-Gabe-Newell.jpg

Gabe-Newell-2.jpg

Gabe-Newell-3.jpg

Gabe-Newell-4.jpg

Gabe-Newell-5.jpg

Gabe-Newell-6.jpg

1-D_FTW

Try and find some other Portal 2 virgin to play co-op when you get through. It's even more fun that the already great single-player.

Twinduct

Oh well, seems that there is still some region locking going on with Vindictus.
SA here, account is fine, but once I try to 'start the game', inside the main menu, I get 'Blah blah, can't authenticate account, try re-logging into the website first'.

Even running the client itself without steam, I get the same error (although I have to input my username/ pass before getting the error).

Anyone else experiencing this?

ShaneB

Count me as well as a Portal 2 co-op virgin :( Played the SP around christmas time, but wasn't really able to play co-op because I was back home for christmas and pretty busy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh god the AI hasn't changed much in Civ 5 expansion? Damn! I really hate it when you can't improve your relationship with them and it ends up with spamming denouncements.

Levyne

Banned
My 360 version of portal 2 was stolen before I could play the co-op. Not sure I liked the game enough to want to re-buy it though. It'll probably be too cheap to not replace on pc though

JaseC

Shiiit, I'll just reinstall.

A clean install of the latest AMD/nvidia drivers couldn't hurt.

Edit: I'm probably too late, but try verifying the cache before uninstalling the game; it's entirely possible that some of the texture files are corrupt.

Edit 2: Bah, I can't type tonight.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck... My no sale policy... How big are the chances of this being cheaper in the steam sale?

Look at Alan Wake's MSRP. Realize that it will be 40-60% off for the summer sale, 66-80% if it is featured as a daily deal. Compare the numbers.

The only real exception for this is games that might end up in bundles. For example, there might be an Alan Wake + American Nightmare bundle that is even more aggressively priced. Or if you want to buy, say, Battlefield 3 Syndicate ... Just Cause 2, you might also find that there's a full-publisher pack that's more aggressively discounted (say $49 for 30+ games from a publisher)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom