• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy

I wish MORE games looked like Darksiders. I love that artstyle. But I've loved Joe Mad's work for a long time.

It's the chunky look that really draws me in. Everything looks to be chiseled from rock and it is so refreshing in this era of drab, colorless gaming. I can't wait for Darksiders II, as there are so few games out there that draw me in like the first game did.

I can only agree.

Salsa

I must be the only person in the universe who actually enjoyed the art style in Darksiders.

you're nuts. I love Joe Mad and the art style was half the game for me.

Marvel_Heroes_2__Joe_MAD_by_Nubry.jpg

it's not for everyone and certainly not for every comic book/piece of media ever, but he mostly works where it fits and he's stylish as fuck. It just fit with the overall theme of this game very, very well.

I also love the people saying "lol what a WOW knockoff" and whatever since Joe Mad pretty much inspired everything from WOW to Gears Of War. Every bulky videogame character created from the 90's onward is most likely heavily inspired by his art.

G-Fex

I kinda want to buy Arma II right now for DayZ, I honestly don't think I care about any other steam games , even if they go on sale.

I kinda want to buy Arma II right now for DayZ, I honestly don't think I care about any other steam games , even if they go on sale.

You won't regret it. We have a couple GAF servers, and I bought a mumble that we all use, so we don't get stalked through voice chat anymore. Super fun. Though, do understand that the mod is constantly changing, some for the good and some for the bad. Though, the ever shifting mechanics keep it from getting too stale.

G-Fex

You won't regret it. We have a couple GAF servers, and I bought a mumble that we all use, so we don't get stalked through voice chat anymore. Super fun. Though, do understand that the mod is constantly changing, some for the good and some for the bad. Though, the ever shifting mechanics keep it from getting too stale.

Cool, forget waiting for thursday, I'm buying now!

Rapstah

I agree with Scorp on this one. I thought the game was much better with mouse and keyboard.

I must have been doing something terribly wrong then, but that and terrible GFWL integration slowing me down are the only two things I remember of the game. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I must have been doing something terribly wrong then, but that and terrible GFWL integration slowing me down are the only two things I remember of the game. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.

Darksiders didn't have GFWL lol.

Maybe you're just thinking of another game here?

gdt

Reinstalled Driver, still getting the horrendous textures I showed off in those pics yesterday.

I guess I should update my drivers, but I have doing that. I have an AMD card, and I've learned that the new update pretty much always kills my performance. No matter what. I tend to stick to whatever works. So updated my drivers, and of course I start getting super low fps in Driver, tried out Civ 5 too. System Restore'd.

I have to use driver sweeper and try again I guess, pain in the tuchas.

Edit: Holy shit my driver is from 12/8/2011 according to device manager. That's how wary I've gotten lol.

Shahadan

I find Darksiders extremely boring. But i think it's because of the combat. They didn't get the "feeling" right for me. I don't know how to explain it. It just seems I'm slashing through air instead of bodies with the sword.

I can get also put off by the sound and the feeling of impact a gunshot has in some FPSes. I loved Goldeneye and Perfect Dark instantly because of that, and never got into some others for the same reason.

Is it weird?

Started playing Alan Wake. Aside from being annoyed by awful lip syncing, why is Alan so close to the edge of the screen?

Can I get him closer to the centre?

Feel like I'm running diagonally

MRORANGE

Do you think that Lego Batman 2 will have a better discount this summer sale?

Will x be cheaper during y when x came out shortly before y?

This gets regurgitated a lot around here, it's more of a question of common sense and looking at previous sales data.

most likely yes but not at the discount you want off

Nelo Ice

Banned
Will x be cheaper during y when x came out shortly before y?

This gets regurgitated a lot around here, it's more of a question of common sense and looking at previous sales data.

most likely yes but not at the discount you want off

Can't wait for the sale and people asking should I buy this game now it surely wont get cheaper right? *next day game becomes a daily deal*.

MRORANGE

Can't wait for the sale and people asking should I buy this game now it surely wont get cheaper right? *next day game becomes a daily deal*.

It's amazing that this simple advice gets ignored, at least most people from this mistake after getting burned.

Although there was that exception of vampire masquerade bloodlines became a daily in the stean sale that had a small discount which everyone pounced on and then becoming a daily deal at 75% off a few months later.

Gaf was not amused :lol

kafiend

Started playing Alan Wake. Aside from being annoyed by awful lip syncing, why is Alan so close to the edge of the screen?

Can I get him closer to the centre?

Feel like I'm running diagonally

Its supposed to be like that I'm afraid. Theres a command for launch options called -rigidcamera but that does NOT center the camera like it says on some websites. In fact I think it was patched into the options as Direct Aiming.

If you hit tab you can change the side that the camera views from left to right. I hated it right side but it felt OK on the other side.

Nopren

I'm really hoping for Simcity 4 on sale. After seeing Simcity 5 at E3 I've been itching to get into some mayoring again. Haven't played simcity since 3000.

kafiend

More pics of my San Fran, updated drivers too. No FPS hit this time (forgot to reboot last time....), but same problem.

Have you turned down any of the Texture or Anti Aliasing options in the Catalyst CC?

I went in there and turned application control off where I could and pulled all the options to the left. When I booted the game I thought I'd gone blind. I way over created the same problem but I had extremely blurred textures on buildings.

KarmaCow

My hard drive started failing about a week ago but luckily I manage to salvage some of files and had a good portion of the games on a back up. However, the stuff I have is mostly just whatever was in the steamapps folder. I know some (most?) games don't keep their saves (along with other stuff) along with the main files but unfortunately most of those files are lost.

My question is since games like Bioshock or Alpha Protocol put more than just the save files in the <User>/Documents folder, will the game automatically recreate those files without the need for reinstalling? In the case of Steam games, will using "Verify the integrity of cache' option recreate those files if it doesn't do it automatically?

My new PC parts should be coming this week, hopefully before the sale starts, so I just want to know how much will it take to get everything back and running.

camerooni

Neo Member
If you hit tab you can change the side that the camera views from left to right. I hated it right side but it felt OK on the other side.

Quite often it's best to flip back and forth from right to left in Alan Wake depending on the surrounding environs.. after a while it becomes second nature to flip as you're moving and it begins to feel natural as though you're turning your head left and right..

It seems weird at first, but I actually came to like it in the end.

PaulLFC

It's amazing that this simple advice gets ignored, at least most people from this mistake after getting burned.

Although there was that exception of vampire masquerade bloodlines became a daily in the stean sale that had a small discount which everyone pounced on and then becoming a daily deal at 75% off a few months later.

Gaf was not amused :lol
I was one of those that got burned by that, everyone was thinking "This hasn't been on sale on Steam in years, and it'll be years before it happens again", and then... yeah.

I'm going to say you're all idiots because the sale is most lilkely on the 28th.

I'm just basing mid-July on what that Cubemen developer said, and the developer of A Virus Named TOM game mentioned that Valve told him it will come out a week after the sale and the game says it's coming in August now.

I hope it's all BS though.

bengraven

I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT DXHR FOR 30 BUCKS LAST WEEK.

I could have got that, plus the DLC, plus DX2 which I don't own, for HALF what I paid six fucking days ago...!?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
On a related note, yes gameplay is much important, but again, artstyle is something that will remain on screen for the whole duration.

This isn't something like an RPG where the story can be skipped because you are hinted on where to go anyway. Artstyle is something that WILL stick to your eyes.

And yes, this is why I avoid games made by the ones who did Racettear.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT DXHR FOR 30 BUCKS LAST WEEK.

I could have got that, plus the DLC, plus DX2 which I don't own, for HALF what I paid six fucking days ago...!?

It seems like DXHR has been on sale like once a month for the last several months. I don't know how you even managed to pay $30 for it.

Card Boy

Banned
Deus Ex HR goes on sale at least 1 once a month on various websites, it's you're own dam fault for getting jibbed. If you're paying any more than $12.50 for DX:HR then your doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom