• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know where we can find out the exact number, but that game has been on sale for a lot of times since it came out, and not just on Steam.

HE SHOULD FEEL BAD. VERY BAD.

On the other hand it was a pretty darn good game even if it did fizzle a little in the second half. Paying a high price for something that is crap is much more of a problem.

I started Alicia with low expectations and these first two hours i just loving the game...the art is great :)

It is definitely one of those games you will really enjoy if you go into it expecting it to be bad. The art is fantastic.

Shared religion doesn't seem to make a lick of difference in how other Civs interact with you. I started up a game as Sweden and watched as Alexander wipe Siam out and lay the boots to Korea. Greece focused so much on expansion and military that it didn't found a pantheon until well after the middle ages. My brand of Shintoism basically dominates the entire continent. My empire and army are half his size, I've been expecting invasion for a while now given the constant stream of insults and hostility.

Also not being able to peaceably throw out the religious emissaries from another Civ is fucking annoying. You just have this rogue unit careening around your empire and you can't do anything but try to wall it off with units. You can spend faith currency after the fact to create an Inquisitor and remove heresy from your city but you can't do anything proactively that doesn't result in war. Who thought this was a good idea? You can't even get rid of the emissary if you close your borders to the Civ of origin.

Artofwar420

On the other hand it was a pretty darn good game even if it did fizzle a little in the second half. Paying a high price for something that is crap is much more of a problem.

Agreed, it's a great game. I was mostly jesting. Also, I'm one to talk since I bought it at full price to take advantage of the TF2 promo items.

Finished Bastion, Botanicula and Rochard today.

Making progress through dat backlog feels good, man.
I was gonna work on my backlog once I finished Binding of Isaac, but I started playing 17 hours of Far Cry 2 instead. Causing wacky chain reactions from fire propagation caused by a flare gun is something pretty unique to it.

Alex

The PC version of Last Remnant is one of the better modern JRPGs. Much better tuning and performance over the so-so 360 version, and it runs like a peach even on meek hardware.

Joe Molotov

Last Remnant is a good game on the PC. I think you have to force v-sync through your drivers though, IIRC it doesn't have an option in-game and the tearing was horrendous.

Milamber

My first play on The Last Remnant was horrible. Played it 3 years ago, finished the opening battle tutorial, went to town, stocked up on items & storyline, went to first mission & was completely destroyed by a giant flying boss type hovering over a bridge. 7 hours played. Stopped playing it since then.

Megasoum

Banned
My first play on The Last Remnant was horrible. Played it 3 years ago, finished the opening battle tutorial, went to town, stocked up on items & storyline, went to first mission & was completely destroyed by a giant flying boss type hovering over a bridge. 7 hours played. Stopped playing it since then.

Heh, reminds me of the only time I played Baldur's Gate 1... I spent a good while going around the first town. Exactly 30sec after getting out of the town I got completly destroyed by a bear... Never booted the game since lol.

TLR combat system scares the shit out of me, so I have never really tried it out of the demo even though I bought it that one time it was on sale. One day though, I'll grow a pair ind play through it.

Maxim726X

Finally The Last Remnant at the right price!

I made a New Year's Resolution to not buy any new games for the whole year (due to an obscene backlog).

But I've wanted this game for a long time now, and this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for.

Damn it all.

Milamber

Heh, reminds me of the only time I played Baldur's Gate 1... I spent a good while going around the first town. Exactly 30sec after getting out of the town I got completly destroyed by a bear... Never booted the game since lol.
At least it was a bear. If memory serves, that flying griffin dragon thing on the first mission out of town was 4~5 times bigger than Skyrim's dragons.

"Oh, a new player fresh out of tutorial. Let me get in your way by staying on top of the only bridge to your objective."

I was griefed hard in this game.

"Let me destroy Team 2 in 2 turns while the rest of you position yourself, hmm."

"Was that a combo hit? Didn't notice as it was only 300 damage to my 10,000 life, bitch!"

"Ok, go heal yourself while I rape Team 3."

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The Last Remnant is 30 bucks on Steam.

The "Summer Sale Rule" says that 75% is a good bet on daily deals. At 75% off it'll be 7,50.

It's 7,50 now on GamersGate and it's Steam registerable.

Also, it's price dropped recently.

It's getting hard to find a reason not to buy this one, you guyse...

Edit: Hmm, Square Enix usually does nice sales...

Oh you know what, fuck it. Bought.

feel

I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT DXHR FOR 30 BUCKS LAST WEEK.

I could have got that, plus the DLC, plus DX2 which I don't own, for HALF what I paid six fucking days ago...!?
innQpArgicroD.jpg

Yeah, but as That Dog said, this game has been on sale constantly. Was truely a bad decision to buy it at full price. Luckily it's an awesome game, worth 30 bucks.

Don't know where we can find out the exact number, but that game has been on sale for a lot of times since it came out, and not just on Steam.

HE SHOULD FEEL BAD. VERY BAD.

Yeah that's very true. It has been on sale a lot of times.

Tess3ract

Banned
That's just what they call it (gamersgate). It was on steam before all that steamworks crap. It just uses basic steam authentications

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Finished off Ys Origin tonight. Man, so goddamn good. 2D Zelda on HGH.

Not sure what to work on next.

The Last Remnant is probably one of the better JRPGs this gen. It's a fucking blast. Everyone buy it.

PC version is the way to go, too. It's godly and vastly superior in every way compared to the 360 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom