• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoplatee

Weird. I bought Portal 2 months ago from G2play and got banned from Steam cause of that. I wasn't aware that was not allowed and nearly lost my whole account cause of it. They gave it back after begging a lot and finally just removing the Portal 2 game.

Bought it again on Steam a few weeks ago, booted up just now and my save files are still there. Figured Steam Cloud would have removed those as well but eh, guess not. Back to puzzle solving! :p

Weird. I bought Portal 2 months ago from G2play and got banned from Steam cause of that. I wasn't aware that was not allowed and nearly lost my whole account cause of it. They gave it back after begging a lot and finally just removing the Portal 2 game.
No idea what G2play is. Why isn't it allowed?

vazel

Banned

Bought it again on Steam a few weeks ago, booted up just now and my save files are still there. Figured Steam Cloud would have removed those as well but eh, guess not. Back to puzzle solving! :p
That's scary. Before wasn't it specific games that were banned, not an entire Steam account. I think it was MW2.

Card Boy

Banned

Banned website by both Valve and Neogaf. Typing the word G2Play on the Steam forums is censored. It's basically a grey market CD key seller that might or might not deal in stolen credit cards and games. Evilore put his foot down on the situation about a year back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Banned website by both Valve and Neogaf. Typing the word G2Play on the Steam forums is censored. It's basically a grey market CD key seller that might or might not deal in stolen credit cards and games. Evilore put his foot down on the situation about a year back.

Yeah, the promotional discussion regarding "grey market" keys got out of hand as people were just posting deals and not taking the time to mention the potential risks involved.

Hoplatee

It's a 'retailer' that sold keys for cheap. What I did not know was that most of them were stolen. Or well, something along those lines. So I bought one and then some poor guy wanted to activate his (also) legit bought game but probably could not do that causes I had his key in use.

It sucked cause I had no idea they do business like that and felt a bit terrible about it. I only buy from Steam itself and Gamersgate now.

Took me 2 weeks to get it back. Losing 300 games cause you made one mistake you weren't even aware of would have been quite cruel. :(

e: Beaten. A lot. I see there is also a thread about it up so yeah, avoid at all costs.

Salsa

hxcPi.jpg

can you feel it

Hoplatee

hxcPi.jpg

can you feel it

My wallet is so not ready. Had to buy a new bike and computer this month. How will I do this :(

Though this will the be the third or fourth time I will take part. Not much left to buy for me I guess! Already at almost 300 games haha. And... 95% of those were from deals.

Goody

No idea, I looked into it myself.. seems like a random Square Enix sale with no other advertising on the site. Why not use paypal?

I am. Only think on my PayPal right now is that card. I'm sure it'll still be on sale tomorrow, so I'm not worried about it.

catabarez

I am. Only think on my PayPal right now is that card. I'm sure it'll still be on sale tomorrow, so I'm not worried about it.

I'm not sure if that's how paypal works. Doesn't the money get sent to paypal first then to the seller? So the bank wouldn't even know if the money ends up outside of the country.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

mr. grape

I'm not sure if that's how paypal works. Doesn't the money get sent to paypal first then to the seller? So the bank wouldn't even know if the money ends up outside of the country.

That's how I thought it worked, which is why I thought it was odd that it'd get rejected..

Goody

No idea, honestly. The last time I had this problem was trying to order a washing machine part from Canada. I'll have to wait the few days to get my bank account confirmed since my card's not working.

I used that Steam cleaner and it cleared 10 gigs!
Ditto

catabarez

No idea, honestly. The last time I had this problem was trying to order a washing machine part from Canada. I'll have to wait the few days to get my bank account confirmed since my card's not working.

If you're afraid the game won't be on sale by the time you get things working, I'm sure someone could help you out.

mr. grape

I could actually help him out if he wants, and I have the IGN Prime 15% discount so it'd be even cheaper. Esnel Pla, PM me if you want my help!

iavi

Ended up using Gamersgate for the first time. That Last Remnant price just felt too right.

I actually like their system of reward points for purchases, a lot, but an arbitrary 10mins till you can use your key is some bullshit.

mr. grape

Ended up using Gamersgate for the first time. That Last Remnant price just felt too right.

I actually like their system of reward points for purchases, a lot, but an arbitrary 10mins till you can use your key is some bullshit.

Not sure why it does that. There isn't always a wait period when I make purchases.

Yea I picked up the Last Remnant for 6.38$ after the IGN discount, but this is the first time in many purchases that I had to wait for the key. It doesn't really matter of course but I can't think of any reason for them to do this.

Nyx

Hope there will be another Sims 3 sale, last year a friend bought the game with all expansions for only 75 euros or something through Steam, and now my GF wants that as well.

yogloo

This thread is fucking evil. Out of nowhere I am buying games that I don't need.
Damn you all.

This is also my first steam sale, I am starting to doubt whether my wallet will survive it.

T_T

This thread is fucking evil. Out of nowhere I am buying games that I don't need.
Damn you all.

This is also my first steam sale, I am starting to doubt whether my wallet will survive it.

T_T
I remember my first Steam sale two years ago. It's going to be a blast!

I remember my first Steam sale two years ago. It's going to be a blast!

I will always remember my first big steam sale. After a few years of console gaming, I had finally built myself a new gaming PC.

After about a day of stuffing around with screw-drivers and cables I finally got it to boot. After doing the usual set-up I decided to install steam to see what I could buy to put my new rig to the test.

Up popped a sale.... damage was done, but sometimes, it is just meant to be.

camerooni

Neo Member
In which ways? I have the 360 version, but I don't think I ever played it after I did the first chain.

Texture resolution
Screen Resolution
Loading Times
Choice of Japanese OR English voices (I believe Xbox only had English!? But don't quote me on that)

Basically the whole game feels smooth - unlike the turgid mess it was on the 360.

Having a similar experience right now with Alan Wake.. Console res videos are annoying, but otherwise loving it.. compared to when I played it on the console it feels like night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom