• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

sigh. As much as I want it to be and as much as I've kidded on here I don't believe it will be tomorrow anymore. As someone else pointed out we'd have seen all the promotional packs get registered.

I don't see how any of this "evidence" is proof that we won't get the Steam sale tomorrow. Until Tomorrow comes and goes without the Sale, I won't be convinced that it isn't tomorrow.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Tomorrow (June 28th) is the only date that makes any sense. Between that being the date (last thursday of the month) that the sale happened the last two years, and the fact that there was a big "Meet the" video and a TF2 event on the day before it last year (just like today), it's the date that makes the most sense.

IF it doesn't start tomorrow, then it's probably mid July.

It's be mentioned but it's entirely possible they are waiting until just before the sale. I know the last major sale Valve seemed to get a little annoyed with people poking in and posting stuff from the registry.

Tomorrow (June 28th) is the only date that makes any sense. Between that being the date (last thursday of the month) that the sale happened the last two years, and the fact that there was a big "Meet the" video and a TF2 event on the day before it last year (just like today), it's the date that makes the most sense.

Thats exactly what I am thinking as well. IF it doensn't happen tomorrow then I'll prepare myself for a few weeks worth of waiting and saving.

BioHazard

And that if it started tomorrow it would include July 4th, which is like the epitome of summer in the States.

It's tomorrow

I'm really regretting having missed out on the Alan Wake deal over at GMG last week. That would've held me over nicely until the Summer Sale began. I suppose if it doesn't start tomorrow that'll give me some time to clear out the backlog. Capsized seems like a good place to start.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LW must be really happy for some reason.

Edit: Ah, if the sale is tomorrow. Good luck with that.

mojiimbo

Anyone else run into an issue in W7 where the LA Noire launcher would open a UAC admin prompt and after you enter your admin password and launch it would just take you back to the launcher and loop? A fix for it was to run Steam in compatibility mode as admin but Windows itself warned not to do that and I'm wondering if that would have performance consequences. Seems to run OK for now.

AnnieSandyTOMORROW.jpg

Milamber

Why are there so many,
posts about sale dates,
and what's in the registry?

Posted sales dates visions,
but are only illusions,
and that's what Gaf is trying to find.

So we've been told and some choose to believe it,
I know they're wrong wait & see.
Someday we'll find it,
a sales date connection,
The Gaffer's, the Lurkers and me.

MNC

If it's not tomorrow im gifting Portal to whoever quotes me 5 times

team tomorrow

#tomorrow

team tomorrow

#tomorrow

team tomorrow

#tomorrow

team tomorrow

#tomorrow

team tomorrow

#tomorrow

ok

Why are there so many,
posts about sale dates,

but are only illusions,

Someday we'll find it,
a sales date connection,

This is brilliant, and deserves to be quoted.

Crayons

Banned
So how is LA Noire on the PC? I have it on 360, is it worth double dipping? I did enjoy it when I played it on the console.

no.

PC version is a bad port. If you already have it on the 360 then don't let double dip unless you really like buying games like I do.

Derrick01

Banned
Just saw this in the amazon thread.

Amazon Video Gamer said:
Just posted this over in CAG. Who's excited for 50% off Max Payne 3 in a couple of days? We'll have both Steam and Non-Steam versions :)

Cheers,
Tony

Your move Steam. 66%, go.

After thinking about it, it would make sense for the sale to start with the 4th. A major holiday and it is in the middle of the week. At least if that were the case we only have to wait one more week. That's not so bad right?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why are there so many,
posts about sale dates,

but are only illusions,

Someday we'll find it,
a sales date connection,

Hahaha. Excellent job, you'll do well here.

Maybe it's just going to be a straight sale, no frills.

Which would be fantastic. No made up accounts, no bitching about potatoes, none of that nonsense. It'll be cool in a retro way. Like ray-bans.

Although I do enjoy the crazy achievement based meta-games like they had over Xmas, tried a bunch of games I never would have played otherwise because of it.

Eusis

I bought LA Noire and people are telling me I made a huge mistake. But it's only $5.
I skipped it because I already played through everything on PS3, not because it's bad. It's arguably not worth full price, but at the price of the Steam sale it's definitely worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom