• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting pretty tired of checking the daily deal only to find some no name indie game. I realize indie games have to be promoted and that the daily deal is a good way to do it but they have to pepper the indie games on with good shit in between. Sooner or later I am just going to stop looking at the daily deals because of the 90% chance that they are junk.
There have been pretty good daily deals from time to time. Alice being a recent one. I think Bulletstorm was one some time ago.

I rather have them save the good games for the weekends and midweek sales, since the discounts are mostly higher there.

There have been pretty good daily deals from time to time. Alice being a recent one. I think Bulletstorm was one some time ago.

I rather have them save the good games for the weekends and midweek sales, since the discounts are mostly higher there.

I picked up Bulletstorm, loved it.

I would rather they do both. They have plenty of AAA games to choose from but instead Steam seems to be putting up more indie games than ever before. I say seems because it may just be my imagination.

I hate to be "that guy" but I really prefer AAA games to indie games.

Blizzard

Banned
The daily deal game has some good reviews, but I'm a horrible person and have practically zero interest in isometric overhead RPG's. :/

Nabs

NEW FREE TO PLAY ADDED

Tribes: Ascend

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17080/?snr=1_4_4__103

Buy Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack
Perfect for new players, the Steam Starter Pack includes: A lifetime 50% XP Boost, 4 Bonus Weapons for base classes, Infiltrator Class & 4 Weapons, Technician Class & 4 Weapons, 4 Perks, and 800 Tribes Gold.
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 4 July

$9.99 USD

Nice. I wonder if updates are handled through Steam instead of the Hirez thing.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
NEW FREE TO PLAY ADDED

Perfect for new players, the Steam Starter Pack includes: A lifetime 50% XP Boost, 4 Bonus Weapons for base classes, Infiltrator Class & 4 Weapons, Technician Class & 4 Weapons, 4 Perks, and 800 Tribes Gold.

$9.99 USD

Will be my most played game.

NEW FREE TO PLAY ADDED

$9.99 USD

Maybe I should finally try this out.

Sober

Umm, Tribes:Ascend just showed up as "just released" on Steam for me.

I don't have to use the Hi-Rez launcher ever again?

Prezhulio

NEW FREE TO PLAY ADDED

$9.99 USD

anyway to migrate current install or do you have to re-download? are all iterations of it going to be on steam now?

Agreed, how many times can we play Final Fantasy Tactics clones until we get tired of them.

I would love a good FF:T clone. But these games don't even come close. Although the mechanics are quite different, for me the Kings Bounty games are the only games that have a similar feel to the turn based combat from FFT.

HoosTrax

so is avernum buy/no buy?
I like it and I have 32 hours in it so far, but it's not necessarily a game I would recommend to everyone. Not everyone is going to be able to appreciate the old-school, turn-based, isometric western RPG-style, particularly if they haven't played the original Spiderweb RPGs from the 90s.

It's kind of like with Civ II -- it's still an amazing game I think, but if that game is your introduction to the Civ series, you might not be able to look past the graphics and would be better off just skipping it and going with Civ IV.

I would love a good FF:T clone. But these games don't even come close. Although the mechanics are quite different, for me the Kings Bounty games are the only games that have a similar feel to the turn based combat from FFT.

Well, even SE can't make a good sequel to FFT. Sad really.

These arent FFT type games, these are old school rpg type games, not even teh same

Looks like a grid based strategy game to me, though I haven't played it. Is it turn based too?

Peff

Try Elven Legacy. It's not quite a FFT clone, the scope is different/larger, but it's a pretty good SRPG.

HoosTrax

What the fuck. Just... what the fuck.
He considers indie games trash, and loved Bulletstorm. That should be explanation enough re: his taste in games.

See difference here is, I've actually played both, I'm not dismissing one game as trash just because it doesn't have bros and excessive swearing.

He considers indie games trash, and loved Bulletstorm. That should be explanation enough re: his taste in games.

See difference here is, I've actually played both, I'm not dismissing one game as trash just because it doesn't have bros and excessive swearing.

Most indie games are trash and I usually hate shooters, Bulletstorm was fun. I don't care for excessive swearing either but that seems pretty common these days in many games.

I haven't tried f2p games on steam yet at all, something like Tribes, am I going to have to login to my Tribes account after launching it through steam, or does it just log me in with my steam name.

Also is the in-game store directly tied in with steam/steam checkout etc...

Thanks

What's Tribes like? Visually reminds me a little of UT's Onslaught game mode.

Tribes is kind of in a league of its own. It's an FPS with very large maps with concentration on speed with jetpacks and "skiing" which is cooler way of saying gaining momentum and using that to cover large distances.

Lothars

NEW FREE TO PLAY ADDED

$9.99 USD
Nice I already bought the first pack but I will be buying this as well just to have it on steam plus more gold is a bonus.

I haven't tried f2p games on steam yet at all, something like Tribes, am I going to have to login to my Tribes account after launching it through steam, or does it just log me in with my steam name.

Also is the in-game store directly tied in with steam/steam checkout etc...

Thanks
I believe you login with your tribes account after you launch the game in steam.

Anyone know if I can buy the L.A. Noire DLC pack on Steam and use it in a non-Steam version? Is it just a code I can use to download it separately like GFWL games or does it download through Steam directly?

dot

NEW FREE TO PLAY ADDED

$9.99 USD

Is the starter pack worth getting? Lifetime 50% XP Boost seems quite good. But steam sale is soon and me wallet funds are limited.... ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom