• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it was posted a day or two ago. That's what started the whole "Mid-July" madness around here.

That, and the developer of A Virus Named TOM game said it was pushed back until around a week after the sale is over and its Steam page now says August.

Also, I saw some people asking about Aliens vs. Predator: Yes, at $3 it's very worth it for the fan service alone. Buy it if you're a fan of the franchise.

sazzy

if gabe put this choice before you, what would you choose?

a- summer sale tomorrow, 75% off minimum everything OR
b- episode 3 this christmas, half life 3 july 2013

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I've read that to really get into Tribes you have to pay up a bit, or else you'll be stuck grinding for decent unlocks for awhile. Is the Steam starter pack good enough? I'm not entirely sure what's what with the game, I haven't been following it much, admittedly.

c- valve sold to ea and they absorb steam into origin

I'd vote for C, obviously. It would benefit gamers the most.

Summer sale. I can wait even more for Ep3 and HL3 anyway. Until the stars fade if necessary.

dLMN8R

Is the starter pack worth getting? Lifetime 50% XP Boost seems quite good. But steam sale is soon and me wallet funds are limited.... ;_;

Lifetime VIP status with 50% boost comes with any real-money purchase you make through any avenue. The rest sounds good though, but it's probably a better deal to get the $30 pack in-game.

kswiston

A) for me. Give me 75%+ on everything listed on Steam and you can delay Half-life 3 until 2020. Plenty of other things to play.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, freaking Pyro hype slowed my LA Noire download to 300 kb/s. I was almost done, now it's 2 hours again -.-

Blizzard

Banned

That's just silly. If there were some way to magically accelerated anything Half-Life related of course I would want that. Steam sales would happen regardless, and I'm not sure I can even think of anything (even with like 20 wishlist games) that I'm waiting for a sale to buy.

HoosTrax

a)

I could care less if HL3 ever came out -- I started both HL1 and 2 and never felt drawn in enough to finish either. Give me those beaucoup discounts on games I might actually play and finish.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm bust being too high from Pyro's video to care about steam sales... oh god Gabe what have you done?

The_End

I'd probably go with b either way (simply because I've got a healthy backlog and there will be other sales). But just to be clear, if I were to choose b, does that mean that the summer sale gets cancelled? Or that it gets pushed back to July 12th.

Waiting for big summer sale...Have like 20 items on my wishlist.

Picked up LA Noire for $7.50 today with the DLC...Excited to play this one.

Derrick01

Banned

A

I don't care about half life really. Then again 75% off everything would send me to the food line.

sazzy

I'd probably go with b either way (simply because I've got a healthy backlog and there will be other sales). But just to be clear, if I were to choose b, does that mean that the summer sale gets cancelled? Or that it gets pushed back to July 12th.

cancelled

kafiend

Has this been posted yet?

Not sure if we can trust this guy though ("Stem"?). I guess we'll know soon.

Yeah, it was posted a day or two ago. That's what started the whole "Mid-July" madness around here.

I'm giving the nod to mid July. The Endless Space thing I was talking about a couple pages ago turns out to have been a Steam date error and it IS releasing on the 4th July.
I can't see the Endless Space devs wanting to release right in the middle of a Steam Sale, even more on the date when people will be hyped for a possible 4th July extra discount.

Besides arn't we usually disecting achievements through game updates by now?

If the Summer Sale starts tomorrow, I'll be surprised but pleased. If it doesn't then mid July it is.

Painkiller: Black Edition with Painkiller H&D Beta was added to the registry, so I guess a beta for the remake will be available to those who already owned the original Black Edition. The remake is being done by Farm 51 (original members of People Can Fly and developer of NecroVision series).

Hey guys I didn't want to make a thread to ask about this but I'm sort of having problems retrieving my account on my new laptop. You know how Valve sends you a code to validate that you're the owner of the account yadda yadda? Well, their servers don't seem to be responding and the code isn't going through. Is this normal? Do I wait it out, or do I contact them?

Hey guys I didn't want to make a thread to ask about this but I'm sort of having problems retrieving my account on my new laptop. You know how Valve sends you a code to validate that you're the owner of the account yadda yadda? Well, their servers don't seem to be responding and the code isn't going through. Is this normal? Do I wait it out, or do I contact them?

Isn't there a way to request a fresh code? Have you done that?

Just wait a bit. It's happened to me before. I tried logging on from the mobile app, and the email didn't show up for some time after. Waiting about an hour would be a good thing.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
obligatory check your spam folder and ensure the email address Steam has for you is correct, yada yada

Yeah, between the big TF2 updates and Source Filmmaker beta signups, Valve's servers are probably just lagging. Wait a bit and/or re-request the code eventually.

fuck.

then again I'm on vacation, away from my PC & consoles and have a huge backlog so it *really* doesn't matter.
but it does dammit, it doessssss... *crying*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom