• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

CYbPs.jpg
Did you have to download it first?

Wish I could just activate straight on uplay, internet doesn't seem to like impulse much, going pretty slow.

Silex

What I mean is: create an account using that email. That's how I understand this to work.

I mean, gifting to someone without a Steam account would work much in the same way, wouldn't it?

It works, but Steam explains everything nicely.
Took a risk and created the account - and the games are indeed there. :)

Please beware; the code you buy for the extra content in the Deluxe-edition isn't usable with the normal edition it seems. Well, maybe it is, but it's the same as the key you use to install the whole game, so you'll waste a key on some extra DLC that could also unlock the entire game for a friend or something.

Quite a shame really, I would've enjoyed those monkey madness missions. Ah well, guess I'll just sell my key or give it to a friend now. :)

So... Is there a chance I have two usable Far Cry 3 serials right now?

Rufus

Chairmanchuck, how fast is your connection?

It works, but Steam explains everything nicely.
Took a risk and created the account - and the games are indeed there. :)
I assume it's less confusing if you're not gifting it to yourself, hehe.

Chairmanchuck, how fast is your connection?

Totally slow, but my friend played some FC3 on his Steamaccount a few days ago and I already had the game downloaded. Then I could just connect "my" steamlibrary with Uplay, it updated some files and I could type in the CD-Key.

Fxp

OK, bought the game, should I download it through Game client to add it to uplay? I don't see an option to add key directly to uplay.

I'm pretty sure I activated Far Cry 3 through UPlay when I got the code with my GPU?

I got my code with my GPU also and I seem to recall it being processed through the ubishop where I then had to wait 2 days for it to appear on my uplay account because their servers can take a while to register new purchases (I also waited 2 days when getting Driver SanFrancisco during their $1 deals).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Try bookdepository.UK....don't have the link on me so you can Google the above, but they ship everywhere with no shipping fee and they're cheap.

I live in Canada and order from them all the time.
Interesting, didn't know about that site. It says they ship to my country free of charge, I'll investigate further when I have the time.

In the meantime, I started reading The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so between that and both Witcher games I think I have enough for the moment.

that won't prevent me from spending 3 or 4 paychecks on the Winter Seal, though :p

So I have to install the game through Impulse first, then that will connect up to my Uplay account?

No way to just enter the FC3 key straight into Uplay?

Dingotech

I had plenty of time to jump on that Far Cry 3 deal, but having to deal with impulse and Uplay seemed like a bad combination.

I'll just wait for it to be <$15 on Steam.

Dingotech

Just wanted to add that I just finished a 100% playthrough of Half-Life 2 and the game is still flapping awesome! (Played it years ago on my bro's account, and again on my 360)

Buy it if you don't have it. :D

Xdrive05

Just wanted to add that I just finished a 100% playthrough of Half-Life 2 and the game is still flapping awesome! (Played it years ago on my bro's account, and again on my 360)

Buy it if you don't have it. :D

It is one my fav's of all time. It's nuts how ahead of the curve it was when it game out like eight years ago. But some driving and gameplay sections have not exactly aged like fine wine.

Episode II however has basically no fat and everything feels as awesome now as it did years ago. For anyone replaying HL2, be sure to play the episodes as well... or least EP2. EP1 has its own issues and you'd be okay reading a story wiki and skipping it IMO.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I told myself I wouldn't play through the Half-Life series until Half-Life 3 is around the corner and so far my resolve hasn't waned, although I had a close call recently when I started a game of Half-Life: Source but quit during the opening sequence.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If you already own the Doom games on Steam, I strongly suggest steering clear of the BFG edition. The new content (The Lost Missions) is slapped together and had no effort put in.

Dingotech

It is one my fav's of all time. It's nuts how ahead of the curve it was when it game out like eight years ago. But some driving and gameplay sections have not exactly aged like fine wine.

Episode II however has basically no fat and everything feels as awesome now as it did years ago. For anyone replaying HL2, be sure to play the episodes as well... or least EP2. EP1 has its own issues and you'd be okay reading a story wiki and skipping it IMO.

I still enjoyed the driving sections, takes me back to old school fun + old school frustration. :p
I love the way the game constantly mixes up the gameplay between sections, everytime you get comfortable they throw a new mechanic or enemy at you.

I told myself I wouldn't play through the Half-Life series until Half-Life 3 is around the corner and so far my resolve hasn't waned, although I had a close call recently when I started a game of Half-Life: Source but quit during the opening sequence.

Eek! Don't wait forever man! :p

erila

Neo Member
Missed it by *that* much. Nice work though, guys - snagged yourselves an uber-bargain!

^^ This

I bought The Secret World last night (fancied getting in on the whole end of days storyline, even if I am late to the party), and was playing it all morning... forgot to check this thread first.

Still, TSW is fun - looks a *lot* nicer graphically than it did in beta, and less laggy too. Think I'm going to spend this holiday season playing TSW non stop, just like I spent last year playing SW:TOR.

Congratulations to the people that got in on that bargain though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom