• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Holy shit, this can't be real. Bought it downloading. Still expect something to go wrong.

I was about to buy it for £29.99 yesteday..

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, it seems you enjoyed them, so if I'm liking the game they inspired, I think I will too.

The problem is that Amazon's international shipment will probably charge me more than 10 bucks for the 3 books. Although that's the only way to get the third one, it isn't available on Kindle from what I saw.
Try bookdepository.UK....don't have the link on me so you can Google the above, but they ship everywhere with no shipping fee and they're cheap.

I live in Canada and order from them all the time.

Seance

Banned
Is this legit and does it redeem on Steam?

Not Steamworks, but as i'm installing it as we speak it would be pretty shitty for them to pull the plug now. Also receipt copy is emailed so they are obliged to stand by the price you pay for it, right?

Narag

Nice, it seems you enjoyed them, so if I'm liking the game they inspired, I think I will too.

The problem is that Amazon's international shipment will probably charge me more than 10 bucks for the 3 books. Although that's the only way to get the third one, it isn't available on Kindle from what I saw.

Third English translated book has a release date of August 2012, I thought.

oipic

Third English translated book has a release date of August 2012, I thought.

August, but in 2013, I think - although that might be some sort of estimated, place-holder date perhaps.

I found the two translated books to be an enjoyable, breezy, page-turny read.

Even though it is that cheap, I really wont buy it.
Nowadays I really want the Games to be Steamworks, so I can access them everywhere with just one little application.

I guess I am crazy, right?

taku

Nowadays I really want the Games to be Steamworks, so I can access them everywhere with just one little application.

I was going to buy it, but did not since it is not on Steam.
So no, you're not crazy.. (Or maybe we're both crazy).

If you get those Far Cry serials in an email you might be able to install using another source (like a friend's disc) and input the serial into the UPlay thing, bypassing their GameStop downloader... I guess?

Is it available to people outside the US?

Narag

August, but in 2013, I think - although that might be some sort of estimated, place-holder date perhaps.

I found the two translated books to be an enjoyable, breezy, page-turny read.

December 2012 here (US), though I haven't seen it on shelves yet.

Whoops, that was a bad typo. Thought I double checked too! Weird it isn't out yet then. Orbit's publishing guide has it listed for that December date.

Blablurn

If you get those Far Cry serials in an email you might be able to install using another source (like a friend's disc) and input the serial into the UPlay thing, bypassing their GameStop downloader... I guess?

Is it available to people outside the US?

I'm from Germany and i'm downloading it right now.

Silex

Damn, I hate getting games not on Steam... But can't say no to this.

Guess I'll be able to buy the game later on Steam, and sell the serial it'll provide, since I'll need to log in using uPlay which will already have the game anyway...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not Steamworks, but as i'm installing it as we speak it would be pretty shitty for them to pull the plug now. Also receipt copy is emailed so they are obliged to stand by the price you pay for it, right?

Companies usually have clauses absolving them of responsibility when errors like this occur, but I'd imagine you could argue that a completed transaction constitutes a contract for sale, which is what happened here when Dell AU mistakenly priced 250GB HDDs at $8.80.

Ah. Whatever. Just bought it. Can I activate it at least through UPlay?

Uplay activation generally requires you to download, install and enter the cdkey for the first time upon which it will register it to your uplay account. At least that's what I did with ANNO 2030 from greenmangaming a week or so ago. There's no option in the client to activate a game but once you install it on your pc if it's a Uplay game (limited to mostly newer games not including Rayman Origins as I found out) then you can access and download it whenever you want like steam.

Silex

I've bought the game as a gift to my own email address, which doesn't have an associated account.
I've received an email saying to just log in using that email - as though I'm registered already.

What should I do? Should I register a new account to that email? I'm a bit afraid of the warning "Previously purchased products are not accessible if you create a new account" when creating an account, although it might be related to simply using different accounts.

Steam's gifting process is so much better..

DagsJT

Uplay activation generally requires you to download, install and enter the cdkey for the first time upon which it will register it to your uplay account. At least that's what I did with ANNO 2030 from greenmangaming a week or so ago. There's no option in the client to activate a game but once you install it on your pc if it's a Uplay game (limited to mostly newer games not including Rayman Origins as I found out) then you can access and download it whenever you want like steam.

I'm pretty sure I activated Far Cry 3 through UPlay when I got the code with my GPU?

Lain

I prefer buying games that offer steam keys, since I like using the steam client to download the games, but I just couldn't pass up such a deal (6.59€) for a game so recent that i was gonna wait various months to go on some sale.

Rufus

Feature-wise, Impulse was pretty competitive with Steam, even back when Wardell still owned it. Steam has since pulled away, of course.

I've bought the game as a gift to my own email address, which doesn't have an associated account.
I've received an email saying to just log in using that email - as though I'm registered already.

What should I do?
If that's their process, that's the process.

Bricky

Please beware; the code you buy for the extra content in the Deluxe-edition isn't usable with the normal edition it seems. Well, maybe it is, but it's the same as the key you use to install the whole game, so you'll waste a key on some extra DLC that could also unlock the entire game for a friend or something.

Quite a shame really, I would've enjoyed those monkey madness missions. Ah well, guess I'll just sell my key or give it to a friend now. :)

CYbPs.jpg

Autofokus

I was going to buy it, but did not since it is not on Steam.
So no, you're not crazy.. (Or maybe we're both crazy).

I would bother me too, if the steam version wouldn't still require uPlay - I don't want & need 2 layers of game clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom