• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My advice: if you feel like you need to go on GAF and have someone sell you on a daily deal, or anything on sale, just don't bother with the game.

You'll be fine without it.

Echoplx

I'm reluctant to add money to my wallet, mainly due to potential regional price gouging but also because other stores have been doing much better sales than Steam recently.

Grief.exe

My advice: if you feel like you need to go on GAF and have someone sell you on a daily deal, or anything on sale, just don't bother with the game.

Well sometimes you don't know anything about a game, good to come on a site like this and ask whether its good or not.

You might be surprised.

Lint21

Neo Member
Apparently there is a limit on how much money you can add to your Steam wallet? I would have been at $246 if my add had gone through, but I got this:

Your purchase has not been completed.
The amount being added to your Steam Wallet would exceed the maximum allowed Steam Wallet balance.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So over sales. Not buying shit this time!

I'm spending at least $50. It's my Christmas present to myself. I'll shop smartly and wait for the daily deals, but I'm buying a bunch of games, period.

Now I'll just need to take a few vacation days to play them all...

Isaccard

because of this, I now regret not buying KOTORII when it was on sale during the autumn seal

If you're not sure, buy it as a gift and ask questions/deliberate it later - but chances are you probably don't need it anyway

Salsa

awesome about the gift thing had no idea..

its a lie, or rather just a dude being way over protective

everyone I know has gotten a gift from a different region and no one got even close to having their account banned

hell im from South America, basically every time I get something gifted its from another region

KingKong

Well I realize I have no idea wtf is happening in Crusader Kings 2, my guy is somehow in jail and I lost a bunch of battles and now no new stuff is happening

Caerith

DlXfC.png

I just read the subscriber agreement. Pretty sure I missed the misinformation section.

Trading and gifting is perfectly legal.
Probably.

Nabs

everyone I know has gotten a gift from a different region and no one got even close to having their account banned

hell im from South America, basically every time I get something gifted its from another region

Yeah, it won't get you banned. Just don't try to get around regional restrictions with dummy accounts and VPNs.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well sometimes you don't know anything about a game, good to come on a site like this and ask whether its good or not.

You might be surprised.
I understand, and it's nice to be surprised by a game you weren't expecting, but it's ultimately backwards: you're letting the price of something dictate your interest in something.

If you play like that, you'll end up spending more money for a list of names you'll only ever stare at.

Sarcasm

Just realized I am going to be on vacation for most of the sale if it starts than. If I add money to wallet can I use the mobile app? Can I add money from my debit card?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Valve just hasn't caught you yet bro.

Apparently there is a limit on how much money you can add to your Steam wallet? I would have been at $246 if my add had gone through, but I got this:

Your purchase has not been completed.
The amount being added to your Steam Wallet would exceed the maximum allowed Steam Wallet balance.

I have over $300 in my wallet currently.

Ready%252520for%252520the%252520sale.JPG

I did this by using the Steam gift cards you get from Best Buy and Gamestop. I tried earlier adding $5 from the client and got the same error as you did. So, it seems if you want to bypass the limit you need to use a gift card.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have over $300 in my wallet currently.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...12h5U/s800/Ready%2520for%2520the%2520sale.JPG

I did this by using the Steam gift cards you get from Best Buy and Gamestop. I tried earlier adding $5 from the client and got the same error as you did. So, it seems if you want to bypass the limit you need to use a gift card.

Let's say you go to Gamestop and buy 500 bucks worth of Steam cards. And then you can't redeem them? That would be a dick move.

However, I see no problem on Valve limiting the amount of money I ask them to charge from my CC. If my account gets stolen, i'd probably lose all that money.

Preventing me from redeeming cards I already bought is unacceptable. Preventing me from filling up my wallet with money is ok.

Sober

Wait for the daily deals ...

Should be more like, if it isn't a publisher bundle, and it has a timer ticking down, that's as low as it'll go.

But I still like "wait for the daily deals"

Salsa

Is anyone making the OT?

Ah looks like Salsa is on it.

lemme know if you were working on something/wanted to add something

i'll pretty much make it as always, non-intrusive with no gifs or slow-loading images and such, just simple and serviceable. Every thread is pretty much the same beyond a different header and whatever specific event pops up for that specific sale. So far so good id say :b

neoism

not really that about that the buying them as a gift anyway... wish I would have done that in the past.. not as rich and hardcore as some of you only got 80 games and only about $400 invested got$ 80 for the sale no more...some I haven't really played... like Alan Wake.. got the game this summer sale and played only about 2 hours... really hate just buying games and not playing them but i'll buy as gifts from now on so I could trade later.. I make sure to only trade with US then...

I currently have a budget of $66.50 but I expect cash at Christmas and I get paid at the end of the month (before the sale ends). I have 10 games on my wish totalling $195 at the moment.

It's possible that I can get them all for the current budget, depending on how deep the sales go. It's also possible that other deals will pop up and I'll wind up buying more than the 10 games on my list.

It's also possible -- in fact probable -- that I'm thinking about all of this too much in bloody anticipation of the SALE STARTING!!!!

Salsa

not really that about that the buying them as a gift anyway... wish I would have done that in the past.. not as rich and hardcore as some of you only got 80 games and only about $400 invested got$ 80 for the sale no more...some I haven't really played... like Alan Wake.. got the game this summer sale and played only about 2 hours... really hate just buying games and not playing them but i'll buy as gifts from now on so I could trade later.. I make sure to only trade with US then...

buying always as gift and keeping them in your inventory could be wise if that's the case, but you wont get in any sort of trouble if you trade with someone from outside your country

neoism

lol sadest thing for me is I still want and hopefully get dark souls for 10... I hatttedd Demon souls played it for 4 hours and hated the fact that you lost your progress,(I thought so anyway) and the getting your soul back thing one of the main reasons I didn't play much D2... but I watched some videos and basically ruined the game for myself but that game is insane for a first timer lol. Its designed to make you die... but still want it most .. probably will play it for 2 hours and quit.

steam.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So The Witcher seems obsessed with not letting me play it for too long. 1:30 hours and it crashed (that's a new record I guess).

My revenge will be sweet: I'll get so many games on this sale that looking at my library will stress me out and make me close Steam. That will surely teach it a lesson.

I understand, and it's nice to be surprised by a game you weren't expecting, but it's ultimately backwards: you're letting the price of something dictate your interest in something.

If you play like that, you'll end up spending more money for a list of names you'll only ever stare at.
Finally you understood how to do PC gaming properly. Playing the titles you buy is for fools. Real men collect them.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So The Witcher seems obsessed with not letting me play it for too long. 1:30 hours and it crashed (that's a new record I guess).

My revenge will be sweet: I'll get so many games on this sale that looking at my library will stress me out and make me close Steam. That will surely teach it a lesson.

Dat amazing Bioware engine tech pushed too far.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I even put that shit in the header this time

iltV0dJ5rgIOk.PNG

Idiot's Guide to the Steam Sale. My dream for the thread to not be plague with these.

1. Is X going to be on sale?
-We don't know. Wait and see
2. Is X going to be cheaper?
-We don't know. Wait and see
3. How long will it be on Sale
-Read
4. I bought X already but it's cheaper now. Can I get a price adjustment
-Should have read
5. Steam sucks because I didn't wait for the Daily deal
-Your own fault

yep. If that is true I would have been banned several times over by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom