• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sniper Elite V2: High Command Edition $12.49
http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/12-days-of-xmas-day-1
norm http://store.steampowered.com/app/63380 $49.99

Same price during last sale so it'll probably repeat for winter

Strange, the HCE includes the Hitler and 2 Rifles DLC, but as individual subs, whereas they're combined into one sub on Steam (which you technically don't own, despite having the same content). Also included is The Neudorf Outpost Pack, but not The Landwehr Canal Pack.

Lego LotR will be 75% off closer to Christmas.

I'm glad I decided against using GMG's winter survey code on this.

zkylon

zkylewd
Payday: The Heist just got an update that readded last christmas' special achievement. I hope that's indicative of another achievement hunt for this christmas, I always find it fun, bad games and all...

iavi

Can someone remind me what the leaked dates had the christmas sale starting at? I need to make sure I have the warchest ready to purchase.

Toki767

Do we have some kind of gaf secret santa thing going?

I believe the chat in Steam GAF organized one for the people in the chat. I'm sure if someone wanted to organize one for others who don't go in the chat, people would be interested in joining though.

Milamber

I believe the chat in Steam GAF organized one for the people in the chat. I'm sure if someone wanted to organize one for others who don't go in the chat, people would be interested in joining though.

Are you saying that GAF Steam Chat was used for good other than people just telling each other to kill themselves!?

Nymerio

Ah it's ok then. I have an idea for next year on how something like this could be organized.

Blitzhex

Coal and achievement hunting ahoy! Achievement hunting shouldn't have been missing from this year's summer sale, it's the best part.

Lingitiz

IIRC it was the Secret of Magic Crystals horse-game developer that let out both Autumn and Winterseal dates.

Wow so we're only a week away? Hard to believe a it went by so fast since the Autumn seal.

Pretty excited to do some achievement hunting this year since I likely have alot of the games in comparison to last year.

How is Afterfall InSanity? From looking at a couple of youtube videos, it seems to be atmospheric enough, and the premise is interesting enough to pique my interest (though as a survival horror fan, it's really slim pickings). I don't particularly trust IGN, but is their review at all fair (4.5) or is unnecessarily harsh and it is in fact a decent game with a few issues that I can overlook?

These are some games with updates from today or yesterday :
Payday,Killing Floor, CSGO, Torchlight 2, 1000 Amps.

T2 doesnt even have a Changelog yet. KF and Payday got some Christmas Achievements and about the rest : dunno

1000 Amps shows 8 Achievements in the Achievements list but shows 10 in library.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When you die in Dark Souls, are you able to retrieve your previous stash of souls if you resume the game (and make it to your previous point of death alive!) after having quit it?

Aaron

When you die in Dark Souls, are you able to retrieve your previous stash of souls if you resume the game (and make it to your previous point of death alive!) after having quit it?
You only lose souls if you die again. The game is constantly saving, so even if the computer crashes on you, you don't lose unless you die again.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How is Afterfall InSanity? From looking at a couple of youtube videos, it seems to be atmospheric enough, and the premise is interesting enough to pique my interest (though as a survival horror fan, it's really slim pickings). I don't particularly trust IGN, but is their review at all fair (4.5) or is unnecessarily harsh and it is in fact a decent game with a few issues that I can overlook?

I picked it up, but decided to wait until they add achievements.

Watch the achievements be broken like Risen 2's :(

These are some games with updates from today or yesterday :
Payday,Killing Floor, CSGO, Torchlight 2, 1000 Amps.

T2 doesnt even have a Changelog yet. KF and Payday got some Christmas Achievements and about the rest : dunno

1000 Amps shows 8 Achievements in the Achievements list but shows 10 in library.

TOMORROW

Tomodachi

I just noticed that market beta. Really regretting having gifted all my giftable stuff (not even checking its value) to a fellow italian random guy. FML.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
one week people

one week

hope there's another meta game this time

Yep. I bitched a lot about coal and shitty coupons, but really the best thing about the experience was just the excitement of not knowing what you were gonna get. Well, that and having motivation to try a lot of games I would otherwise ignore because they had a daily cheevo. I don't even care that much about prizes, it's just fun to keep up the daily activities along with my bros on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom