• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

This. Sometimes I'll look on my tablet, but it's kind of hard to get good text guides anymore. I don't wanna watch some 20 minute vid of the level (that is tuff to search through on my tablet). So I'm excited about this.

I should start listing some of my shitty crates for like 12 dollars. Somebody will see it, think "why's it so expensive? Must be rare!", and sold!

EDIT: Just put all my crates on there. Cheapest starts at 6.xx and most expensive is 24.xx. No idea what any of them were worth. Nor do I care. But I find the whole process hilarious.

For fucks sake. I was going to go change one of my crates to 69.69 and I look up at my wallet and wonder WTF I've got 23.xx dollars sitting in it.

Somebody just bought one of my crates for 12.42. :lol

For fucks sake. I was going to go change one of my crates to 69.69 and I look up at my wallet and wonder WTF I've got 23.xx dollars sitting in it.

Get the fuck out of here...really?!

*goes to change the prices on crates*

Wok

I have priced all my crates 9.99€. But now that I come to think about it, I should price them so that the price is $9.99.

Wok

people have already written auto-buy scripts when an item reaches below a certain price, which might have been why it sold.

Those people are ruining the fun :/

Now that you mention it, it is the perfect time to make profit with TF2. As soon as the system get smoother, the prices will be more fair, and it will be harder to find arbitrages, especially with the $0.15 fee for the buyer. Crates are not priced right: we could expect to sell crates for more than $0.20 in the foreseeable future.

1-D_FTW

I think it was salvaged crate 40. Which I just assumed was crap. Seems like it's worth 11 - 12 keys (30 - 35 dollars).

Oops. Don't I look stupid.

Oh, wait, I don't care. 12 buck is 12 bucks. Wish I'd made it my 24 dollar crate though.

Salsa

RISING PRICES OF LISTED CRATES

88625.jpg

Bah, Crysis is the first game where I'm having a problem. For the life of me I can't get it display at 1080p 60hz on my HDTV, it only does 24hz. Googled a few solutions, but no luck so far.

Notorious for this issue, as well as locking at 50hz. Try creating a custom resolution of 1920x1078 or something, that fixed it for me.

Wok

I think it was salvaged crate 40. Which I just assumed was crap. Seems like it's worth 11 - 12 keys (30 - 35 dollars).

Oops. Don't I look stupid.

Oh, wait, I don't care. 12 buck is 12 bucks. Wish I'd made it my 24 dollar crate though.

At least, you managed to sell it. Now, will the buyer be able to sell it for more than 12 bucks? Or will he get stuck with the crate?

1-D_FTW

At least, you managed to sell it. Now, will the buyer be able to sell it for more than 12 bucks? Or will he get stuck with the crate?

If they're using automated scripts, he'll probably sell it for a profit.

That thing sold so quickly, it had to have been automated.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Notorious for this issue, as well as locking at 50hz. Try creating a custom resolution of 1920x1078 or something, that fixed it for me.
That's the best way to fix it because custom resolutions will use only the refresh rate you tell it to whereas 1080p has a bunch of options that screw it up.

1-D_FTW

You could kind of use this system to trades games for money. Somebody does a group buy, lists a crappy crate for 10.50 and that person buys his crate. This would allow you to accept money for games in a roundabout way.

You could kind of use this system to trades games for money. Somebody does a group buy, lists a crappy crate for 10.50 and that person buys his crate. This would allow you to accept money for games in a roundabout way.

Good idea, if it wasn't for the 15% fee.

Valve should let you pay 10 cent of a fee in order to peek inside the crate. Once you peek, you can't do anything but sell it. That would turn the marketplace into a hilarious meta game.

1-D_FTW

There's 212 of those crates sitting on the marketplace. And the low guy at 18.xx isn't getting auto-scripted. So I guess I didn't leave much money on the table. And it's 12 bucks more than I would have had if I didn't do it on a lark.

Caerith

I can't wait until I can sell my Spiral Knights items. Preferably after I have to reinstall it for the holiday sale achievement hunt.

Salsa

There's 212 of those crates sitting on the marketplace. And the low guy at 18.xx isn't getting auto-scripted. So I guess I didn't leave much money on the table. And it's 12 bucks more than I would have had if I didn't do it on a lark.

stop telling stuff like this to yourself to get over the fact that you sold an item for less than half its price

you done goofed, its okay

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I quickly skimmed through the thread and saw that somebody sold a crate for 13 bucks. I immediately put all my regular crates for absurd prices, ranging from 4 bucks to 10 bucks.

Then I noticed it was some sort of special crate. I'm too lazy to go there and fix any kind of prices, so fuck it.

I'll just leave'em.

1-D_FTW

I quickly skimmed through the thread and saw that somebody sold a crate for 13 bucks. I immediately put all my regular crates for absurd prices, ranging from 4 bucks to 10 bucks.

Then I noticed it was some sort of special crate. I'm too lazy to go there and fix any kind of prices, so fuck it.

I'll just leave'em.

Well I did warn I didn't know what the fuck I was doing when I listed them. :lol I didn't even realize there were different classes of crates. Who knew. Valve should make a super rare class called exploding crates.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well I did warn I didn't know what the fuck I was doing when I listed them. :lol I didn't even realize there were different classes of crates. Who knew. Valve should make a super rare class called exploding crates.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying I'm too lazy to go wherever I need to go to lower the price. They'll be hella expensive. It would be funny if somebody bought them. :D

graywolf323

I didn't even know you could sell crates, I have 7 and would love to get some Steam wallet money before the Christmas sale starts

how exactly does this work?

1-D_FTW

I didn't even know you could sell crates, I have 7 and would love to get some Steam wallet money before the Christmas sale starts

how exactly does this work?

Write down the numbers.

Go to Community -- Marketplace

Use the search button - "Crate XX"

Don't do what I did. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom