• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Oh, so there's a limit of $200 on what you can sell now?

Also, if a crate says "items will be of strange quality" then does that mean it's worth more? Just want to make sure I'm ripping people off efficiently.

Grief.exe

Castle Crashers just updated on Steam.

Could it be becasue I haven't logged in on my laptop in a while? Or impending Christmas Sale achievement update?

Also, did anyone else hear of this game called Miasmata?

Interesting game that was recently released over Greenlight. I was just reading a preview over at Rock Paper Shotgun about it: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/13/miasmata-review/#more-135289

Its a first person adventure game where you have to survive an island with the plague.

You collect plants to make medice, triangulate areas on your map with unknown landmarks, and run away from a animals and some kind of monster at night.

Here is a cool lets play I found of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2iutaiDcUA

I just added the game to my wishlist.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223510/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I can't sell anything because I haven't bought anything on Steam in a year. :(

Unemployment is a hell of a drug.

Ionic

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it looks like Killing Floor is doing another Christmas update. It also has new Christmas achievements. Tripwire usually plays along with the games Valve plays during the big sales, so perhaps this is a sign that we're going to be getting another achievement hunt.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/

Blizzard

Banned
Actually, after watching the Waking Mars trailer, I have a question. Is the music in the trailer similar to the ingame music, in general? I really didn't care for that style.

Now that Waking Mars is on Steam, just gotta wait for Humble Bundle to add the keys to my account...
Just added mine. It's stupid how Steam freezes up for 10+ minutes when you add a key.
Actually, after watching the Waking Mars trailer, I have a question. Is the music in the trailer similar to the ingame music, in general? I really didn't care for that style.
Most of the time the music is very unobtrustive, I think the game knows when to shut up when it is not wanted. A lot of the time you're just listening to your own echos of the caverns and the lifeforms you create. There are sliders as below. In my current cave there's just a little bit of rhythmic wind instruments giving a little bit of wonder and pace to it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The only thing I want from the Christmas sale is Call of Duty map packs. I don't have any for Black Ops, and I'm missing the third and fourth packs for Modern Warfare 3.

Everything else I was hoping for, I got through Amazon sales.

Grief.exe

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it looks like Killing Floor is doing another Christmas update. It also has new Christmas achievements. Tripwire usually plays along with the games Valve plays during the big sales, so perhaps this is a sign that we're going to be getting another achievement hunt.

Not really a great theory since Killing Floor always adds new achievements, maps, and guns for their events anyways.

They have a Christmas, Halloween, and Summer event every year.

TF2's also getting the preliminaries in place for the Christmas update, there are already 2012 naughty/nice crates dropping in the wild and on sale in the market. I guess everything will either start up tomorrow or sometime middle of next week.

Javaman

What a bummer. I had a complete collection of crates (apart from the holiday and super rare one or two) that I finally junked a couple months ago.

dreamfall

Got a question! I want to buy Hitman Absolution on Amazon for a friend- if I activate it through Steam, can I gift it? I already bought it on Steam- want to make it slightly more official, rather than giving him a key directly...

Croc

Banned
Man I'm sitting on so many humble bundle steam keys I have doubles of that its not funny. Going to ask friends if they want any but if not, it's up for GAF

I'm just about to go to bed so I'm preemptively striking here and saying that if you have HIB1, 3, or 5 I wouldn't mind taking one of them off of your hands.
(◕‿◕✿)

Deques

Got a question! I want to buy Hitman Absolution on Amazon for a friend- if I activate it through Steam, can I gift it? I already bought it on Steam- want to make it slightly more official, rather than giving him a key directly...

Doesn't work that way.

For those who just updated to Steam Waking Mars you can copy your save files from C:\Users\User\Saved Games to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Waking Mars\SaveData. I got about 5 achievements when loading up for the first time, and collected a few more just by playing. Might not be possible to get them all but who cares.

So, when I went to get my Waking Mars key I saw I had some steam keys that I haven't gave out yet.

Quote with which one you want and I'll PM you.

Avadon: The Black Fortress

Swords & Soldiers HD

Cogs

Zen Bound 2

Son1x

What are chances of Crusader Kings II DLC getting deals for xmas/new year? I remember every paradox title (or maybe it was only CK2) related item being 50% off or so not long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom