• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
How likely are the Dead Rising games going to get a discount during the sale? £19.99 is a bit excessive, considering how cheap the console versions go for these days. I've heard that Capcom tend to don heavy discount-proof armour during the sales.

How likely are the Dead Rising games going to get a discount during the sale? £19.99 is a bit excessive, considering how cheap the console versions go for these days. I've heard that Capcom tend to don heavy discount-proof armour during the sales.

Dead Rising 2 has only been 50% off in the past, but Off The Record managed 75% during the summer sale.

Guys,

What's the best Metroidvania games on the PC? Thought of buying some during the Winter Sale.

Cave Story,1000 AMPS(more puzzle like but good),Aquaria.

I would recommend Cave Story. The rest is good too but not as awesome as Cave Story.

I wouldnt call Hell Yeah! a metroidvania game. Its too linear for being that. But its a good game anyway.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
These last days I finished Spec Ops. Great game, and the story is pretty good for a war game. Also started Serious Sam: The Second Encounter Classic, but stopped playing at the second level and jumped to The Witcher.

I can already call that game a masterpiece, and I'm still at the first chapter. The only thing I didn't like is the stability: it tends to crash pretty often, sometimes twice in an hour. I hate that, but the rest is top-notch, even the combat.

Stallion Free always recommends Hell Yeah!
And he's 200% right.

Echoplx

New getloadedgo

Pretty sure this is technically the cheapest Mafia 2 has ever been?

lju9B.png

1-D_FTW

The market is so borked with all these idiots putting up rare crates for $0.02. Noone's actually buying anything at market value. :/

The sad thing is, I bet a lot of people don't even know about marketplace yet. Probably just have their junk sitting in their library. Wait till everybody lists their junk.

But as others have said, if you really think it's under-valued, buy it up. My expectation is now that the barrier of entry has been removed, supply will greatly exceed demand on even the "rare" items.

Wish they'd open things up so I could go buy a soldier's hat for 05 cents.

HoosTrax

Ugh, I just had a guy at work come up to me and ask "is that a Half-Life t-shirt?". (No...no, it's not -- I'm wearing a red Borderlands shirt.)

One of these years, I'm going to make a New Years Resolution to actually play HL games through to completion without falling asleep out of boredom.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ugh, I just had a guy at work come up to me and ask "is that a Half-Life t-shirt?". (No...no, it's not -- I'm wearing a red Borderlands shirt.)

One of these years, I'm going to make a New Years Resolution to actually play HL games through to completion without falling asleep out of boredom.

If you can get through Bordersnores games without falling asleep, I'm sure you can get through good, involving games like the Half-Life series.

Lucavious

Grotesque Tactics any fun or is it garbage?

When I played it a year or so ago it was incredibly buggy and not fun to play. The graphics were always bugging out and the animation look like the work of an undergraduate. It might get better after the first hour but I wasn't compelled to find out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played any of the F.E.A.R. games, but I'm tempted to pick 3 up here (along with Alpha Protocol), and try and get the other games in the series on sale as well.
Do yourself a favor and play the previous games first. That way you won't hate the franchise before having played the good games.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Viking: Battle for Asgard is 50% on GMG today.

If you pile on the 35% off coupon (that ends today), it gets less than 5 bucks.

I think we got a 50% sale on the Autumn Sale on Steam, I wonder if it'll go any lower... (I ask because of regional pricing. It's cheaper down here).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I think we got a 50% sale on the Autumn Sale on Steam, I wonder if it'll go any lower... (I ask because of regional pricing. It's cheaper down here).

Where is the 35% off coupon?

The coupon no longer works :(

I got Waking Mars on the humble android bundle and it's far and away the best smart phone game I've ever played. Hell, it would be good on a handheld gaming system even. I'll have to add it to my steam account.

Oh dear, that doesn't bode well for 3. What did they manage to fuck up?

Pretty much everything. 3 doesn't even pretend to be a horror game, featuring co-operative, score-based gameplay. The cover-based FPS gameplay is pretty good, but that's about all I can compliment. The story is virtually non-existent, the game manages to look graphically inferior to its immediate predecessor and gameplay is little more than moving through dull, generic 'horror inspired' zones shooting the same generic soldier model.

That's not to say the other games in the series don't have similar problems, but they make up for it in atmosphere and competent narrative. Play 1 [skip the expansions] followed by 2 [skip the DLC] if you want the best experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom