• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Do both people playing coop in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light need the DLC to play the challenge maps?

Blizzard

Banned
Is anyone else getting an update for Stealth Bastard Deluxe each day with no patch notes? I mean, I guess no one ever uses patch notes anymore, but still. I'm guessing it's because of the Mac/Linux release.

Sanic

I used to play SW: Star Fighter all the time on the PS2. I'm not sure if it's any decent, but for how cheap it is I might have to get it.

r1OuyLX.jpg

Really liking this minimal/compact skin. I'm not huge fan of the font used in the Friends list but everything else is nice.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2196090

Exeunt

The Star Wars games aren't in danger of being pulled because of the whole LucasArts thing, are they? I only ask because I'm interested in the KOTOR games, but it looks like they are available cheaper fairly often. I'll wait a few months for the summer sale if they're still around by then.

Blizzard

Banned
I bought the Jedi Knight game(s) ages ago and had some kind of horrible graphics problems but that might have been back in the Vista days. I should try it again with 7 and a 5850.

FYC

Banned
The Star Wars games aren't in danger of being pulled because of the whole LucasArts thing, are they? I only ask because I'm interested in the KOTOR games, but it looks like they are available cheaper fairly often. I'll wait a few months for the summer sale if they're still around by then.

Speaking of KOTOR, I just made a LTTP thread. I tried to keep spoilers to a minimum, if you're interested.

Which Jedi Knight / Jedi Academy game is the bees knees again? There are a few and I can't remember which one is the awesome one.

Exeunt

Speaking of KOTOR, I just made a LTTP thread. I tried to keep spoilers to a minimum, if you're interested.

Oh, nice timing! I don't know if I'll have time to start KOTOR just yet even if I do end up picking it up before Monday, but I'll see what happens. I mean, I don't see why the games would be pulled because they're free money for Disney as I understand it, but it's something I've been a bit antsy about. If the summer sale is an option, then I'll be there for sure.

Which Jedi Knight / Jedi Academy game is the bees knees again? There are a few and I can't remember which one is the awesome one.

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast is the amazing one. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is also pretty decent, with great gameplay but not as much of a story. Since the source code is out for JK2 you can go pretty nuts with total conversions or whatever else.

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/files/Jedi_Knight_II/Mods;708

FYC

Banned
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast is the amazing one. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is also pretty decent, with great gameplay but not as much of a story.

Thank you!

I already have KOTOR 1/2, anything else worth picking up?

I liked The Force Unleashed as a 15/16 year old, but I was even dumber than I am now, so I'm not sure if it was actually good. I have heard a LOT of great things about Republic Commando, though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
FEZ truly is just fucking mindblowing

I cannot believe the amount of work that went into this thing. Most clever puzzle game ive played in a long-ass time, and the "twists" it pulls off are amazing. Most of the people taking their time with it right now dont know the half of it. There should be a video with every player's reaction once the game truly "clicks" and shows itself for what it is.
Stupid job, preventing me from playing that game.

And stupid 3DS too, also preventing me from playing that game. You know what? I'm going to play it right now.

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast is the amazing one. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is also pretty decent, with great gameplay but not as much of a story. Since the source code is out for JK2 you can go pretty nuts with total conversions or whatever else.

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/files/Jedi_Knight_II/Mods;708
Basically this. I love Dark Forces 2 too, though it's much older and it shows.

I wouldn't take any chances.

I already have KOTOR 1/2, anything else worth picking up?

The Jedi Knight games are popular, but most of these games are pretty painful now, graphically.

Oh, nice timing! I don't know if I'll have time to start KOTOR just yet even if I do end up picking it up before Monday, but I'll see what happens. I mean, I don't see why the games would be pulled because they're free money for Disney as I understand it, but it's something I've been a bit antsy about. If the summer sale is an option, then I'll be there for sure.

It's Disney. This is the company that may have retconned the Expanded Universe out of existence. That's within their purview and rights to do (a reasonable argument can even be made for it). Do you want to take your chances in case it's pulled?

Exeunt

I wouldn't take any chances.

It's Disney. This is the company that may have retconned the Expanded Universe out of existence. That's within their purview and rights to do (a reasonable argument can even be made for it). Do you want to take your chances in case it's pulled?

Yeah, I considered picking up the KOTOR titles when I first heard about the LucasArts closure, but held off for the time being. This way I suppose I would only spend $2 than I would have for both titles, which isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things. The random Star Wars sale does ring some alarm bells for me in light of Disney's stance towards gaming, but I don't know much about how these things work. I think Wolfenstein got pulled right after a sale went up for example. I wish rights holders would be a little more transparent about these things, but there may be legal reasons why there aren't—again, I don't really know.

Now that you mention it, I think I might pick these up just in case. I don't trust Disney.

omg_mjd

How are the gamepad controls for Star Wars Battlefront II? I see there's partial gamepad support according to the store page but I was wondering if anyone here has played it with a 360 controller.

Can someone please explain these Track Mania games to me? I have Track Mania United but it just seems like a bunch of 15 second stunt courses, and I tried several of them. Are there any that have any real racing?

Blizzard

Banned
Can someone please explain these Track Mania games to me? I have Track Mania United but it just seems like a bunch of 15 second stunt courses, and I tried several of them. Are there any that have any real racing?
TrackMania is pure time trials if I recall correctly, unless you play online in which case you're still basically racing against other players for the best times.

omg_mjd

Not a great help but the pcgamingwiki: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_II

says it has controller support as well.

Thanks. Well I guess for 3 bucks I can't go wrong.

Also, just a PSA but I noticed some people use the DualShock 3 with MotionInJoy to emulate a 360 controller. There's an alternative that was posted in another thread that does the same thing without requiring an online connection:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53988270&postcount=137

Works great for me. Been using my DualShock 3 in all my PC games and it acts just like a 360 controller. Force feedback works and the PS button calls up Steam's Big Picture Mode.

RM8

Just bought Mini Motor Racing EVO and Snapshot on sale. Mini Motor Racing EVO because I love top-down racers and the Android game is pretty okay for a phone game - plus this won't have ridiculous IAPs and touch controls, and the track editor looks like fun. Snapshot, well, I wanted it since I first saw gameplay videos of it but then I kind of lost interest, hoping it's as fun as it looks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
66% off Star Wars Complete? You're okay, Disney. You're okay.

Also, Glass Rebel wishes to inform you all that he regrets nothing.

Caerith

Thanks. Well I guess for 3 bucks I can't go wrong.

Also, just a PSA but I noticed some people use the DualShock 3 with MotionInJoy to emulate a 360 controller. There's an alternative that was posted in another thread that does the same thing without requiring an online connection:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53988270&postcount=137

Works great for me. Been using my DualShock 3 in all my PC games and it acts just like a 360 controller. Force feedback works and the PS button calls up Steam's Big Picture Mode.
A way to use my PS3 controller when the MotionInJoy website is down? Now if only the MotionInJoy website wasn't down so I could figure out how to uninstall it.

Kassu

Banned
Bought The Force Unleashed 1-2 since I had some money left on my Steam account and apparently Capcom didn't want to sell me SFxT. I enjoyed TFU1 on PS3 few years ago and I probably will like TFU2 enough as well to justify the price.

Only problem is that Fez already got me hooked and now I can't play any other game until I complete it. And I would like to solve all puzzles by myself, but not sure how that will work out.

A way to use my PS3 controller when the MotionInJoy website is down? Now if only the MotionInJoy website wasn't down so I could figure out how to uninstall it.

I'll try the above (update seems to work great, thanks!), but for motioninjoy there is an offline version in their forums (which yes are offline) or this alternative UI with no phoning home:

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

Whilst this method emulates a 360 controller nicely, it is nice to have a few more flexible options with the MIJ drivers and a proper UI (such as PS2 emulation, rapid fire etc etc).

Deques

New day, new Gamersgate deals

• Far Cry 3
  • Total War SHOGUN 2 - Steam
  • Devil May Cry® 4
  • Disciples Reincarnation - Steam
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™ Deluxe Edition

Why is Disciples Reincarnation not listed in Steam when I search for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom