• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

I'll try the above (update seems to work great, thanks!), but for motioninjoy there is an offline version in their forums (which yes are offline) or this alternative UI with no phoning home:

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

Whilst this method emulates a 360 controller nicely, it is nice to have a few more flexible options with the MIJ drivers and a proper UI (such as PS2 emulation, rapid fire etc etc).
Yeah, I found out about the offline version of MIJ when the forums were down and I couldn't connect. Some youtube video had a hack-around though, since the UI is basically HTML.

Still, options are always good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Time left until gifting is possible: 10 minutes

Your serial(s) will be available in about 10 minutes. In the meantime, you can start downloading the game.

Groan. It's like I'm being punished for giving GamersGate money.

JaseC

Almost bit on that Star Wars Collection. Hopefully the summer sale sees a 75% off like some in here are expecting.

I wouldn't count on the pack getting a deeper discount. This is literally only the second time it's been 66% off.

Salsa

took a screenshot of Fez's late-game gameplay:

ibonGQvYdDDKY4.PNG

Dr Dogg

Oh look Tomb Raider is on sale for 50%. Given the current Squenix trend of price reduction I wonder how long it will be until the inevitable 66% and then 75% off come into play? Well according to what I looked at in the last thread not long.

So roughly something like this then.

Tomb Raider

• 05-03-13, £26.99
  • 02-05-13, £14.99
  • 04-07-13, £10.19*
  • 05-09-13, £7.49*

*Possible discount dates.

Yeah I think I'll hang on for a bit.

took a screenshot of Fez's late-game gameplay:

ibonGQvYdDDKY4.PNG

Yep I had notes and code wheels galore whilst playing FEZ. Brings back memories of the halcyon days of MegaMan 2 and having to write down passwords.

wazoo

Oddly enough, it's not sold on Steam at all. There's a retail sub, obviously, but that's it.

I wouldn't worry. LucasArts may be dead, but Disney isn't.

possible. But I am still unhappy of the removal of Bizarre Cration's games this christmas adter BC death by Activision.

Anyway, this is just an advice, I own all of them :)

JaseC

possible. But I am still unhappy of the removal of Bizarre Cration's games this christmas adter BC death by Activision.

Well, The Club is still available. ;) Blur was pulled presumably because it uses licensed cars and Activision didn't bother renewing the necessary contracts due to the game's poor sales, and we can infer that Acti cast aside the James Bond license after it expired, hence the 007 games also being pulled.

Deques

I bought the Tomb Raider collection from GMG. Did I make a mistake? Eight more games, already had one TR game the collection

Aaron

Well, The Club is still available. ;) Blur was pulled presumably because it uses licensed cars and Activision didn't bother renewing the necessary contracts due to the game's poor sales, and we can infer that Acti cast aside the James Bond license after it expired, hence the 007 games also being pulled.
The Club is owned and published by Sega.

JaseC

The Club is owned and published by Sega.

Yes, I know. I was just having a little fun with the fact he didn't specify BC's Acti-published titles and instead referred to the developer's releases more broadly.

Just broke over 800 games according to my Steam profile

Edging ever-so-closer to the big 1k! Assuming you don't hit it sooner, the Summer Sale should do the trick.

Geoff9920

Just a heads to anyone who was remotely interested... I'd recommend staying away from purchasing Might and Magic Heroes 6 (for the 2 of you who are interested). The current main campaign is not available to people who own the game. You will be asked to purchase it despite already owning it. In addition, voices and music are no longer working for the parts of the game that do work.

Just stay far far away. Go play FEZ or something. :p

derExperte

Just a heads to anyone who was remotely interested... I'd recommend staying away from purchasing Might and Magic Heroes 6 (for the 2 of you who are interested). The current main campaign is not available to people who own the game. You will be asked to purchase it despite already owning it. In addition, voices and music are no longer working for the parts of the game that do work.

He, I was just skimming the thread to see if it was mentioned. The Steam forum is on fire: http://steamcommunity.com/app/48220/discussions/ and Ubisoft reached a new low, that's EA-level stuff. Maybe worse. And unbelievable considering MMH6 has apparently been full of bugs for 2 years, the fixed some major Nvidia problem only now (which is why I bought it before people noticed what the patch did).

Atruvius

Looks like the last time it was discounted was February 11th. It was on sale all the time between November and January, and now...nothing.

I caved in and bought the game, the urge was just too great. I bet it'll be going on sale come Monday. Would be just my luck...

Just finished the Game of Thrones RPG, a little over the 25 hour mark. Storywise it's quite good, but the fetch quests and the repetitive, boring combat really ruin the fun. Also, it kind of drags on during the latter quarter, going through places you've already been and fighting the same enemies you're already fought.

The DLC is more or less the same, although the story is shorter - doesn't take longer than an hour to finish it.

A solid 6/10, 7/10 if you're a long time GRRM fan.

JaseC

I'm sure Ubi will correct the mistake in due time, just as they patched up AssCreed 2's broken LOD system.

Chronoja

New day, new Gamersgate deals

• Far Cry 3
  • Total War SHOGUN 2 - Steam
  • Devil May Cry® 4
  • Disciples Reincarnation - Steam
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™ Deluxe Edition

Why is Disciples Reincarnation not listed in Steam when I search for it?

Reincarnation isn't officially released outside of Russia yet. It was released in Russia and is supposedly being localised but noone really knows. They were working on the 2nd expansion for the Mountain clans and hex studios got closed so who knows what that has that meant for Reincarnation. I haven't played it myself yet but I hear that it already includes english language support but I don't think that extends to voice work etc, but I might be wrong about that. You still can't search for it through Russian steam and why only gamersgate sell it in the west, it's all a bit of a complicated mystery really.

Incase anyone is wondering what Disciples: Reincarnation is, it's simply a complete overhaul of Disciples 3 Renaissance and Ressurection from a mechanics perspective to make them play closer to the previous titles I and II. So that includes being able to free roam the map instead of being stuck to paths, the return of boats and water traversal and smaller combat grids amongst other changes. I think they also added talent grids to all units not just heroes but I'm not sure about that.

JaseC said:

As I mentioned in a previous post but noone seemed to care, even thought it was pulled from steam, 007 Legends was a steamworks game and if acquired physically or another site, such as the brazilian site Nuuvem, it can be redeemed on steam.

HoosTrax

I wonder if I have a computer that can finally play Heroes V at a tolerable performance level. The game itself is pretty great (and people who have played M&M Clash of Heroes should really play it, since Clash is almost a tribute to Heroes V, in terms of music and characters). But when I first got the game years ago, I think I had a Core 2 Duo, and on the later campaign levels, it felt like the AI turns would take upwards of a minute each.

nexen

jesus christ spoilers guys

shit, sorry. There I've encoded it. Use the special cipher.

which star wars games should I pick up? Any recommendations?

Depends on what you like.

FPS: Jedi Outcast / Academy / Republic Commando
Multiplayer FPS (is it still active?): Battlefront II
Third person action: TFU
RPG: KOTOR I if you like Bioware, KOTOR II if you like Obsidian.
RTS: Empire at War is ok.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
which star wars games should I pick up? Any recommendations?

It depends on how well you handle older games, but I personally think the following that I have played to completion are worth while:
-Knights of the Old Republic
-Knights of the Old Republic II
-Jedi Knight II
-Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
-Republic Commando

The Force Unleashed and it's sequel are only worthwhile if you are a total whore for Star Wars.

nexen

Even then they aren't worth it. Just absolutely awful games. As for what's worth getting I'd add Empire at War to your list.

Hey, I liked TFU1 a lot. It had a decent story and it was an extremely good looking game when it shipped. It also nails the feeling of being an overpowered jedi.
Only problems are that the game basically makes you run through all its content twice (and even then it is short), and they aim with the goddamned character instead of the camera direction. Totally counter intuitive. Oh and that star destroyer minigame part is awful. Still, I really enjoyed TFU1 overall.

TFU2 can die in a fire. That game has no reason to exist.

I am a total Star Wars whore though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom