• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

I'm a total whore for Star Wars and I enjoyed them in a depressed "I'm never going to get an actual Jedi Knight sequel" way.

I still hold out hope. Some bright fella at Disney will remember hearing once on the news that something called COD is a big seller with the kids. He will naturally have the amazing idea "Hey, how about we make a game just like COD but in SPACE. WITH JEDI WIZARDS!"

BAM. New Jedi Knight.

Also I'm such a whore that I'm going to buy that Republic Heroes game, even though I know it is awful.

It depends on how well you handle older games, but I personally think the following that I have played to completion are worth while:
-Knights of the Old Republic
-Knights of the Old Republic II
-Jedi Knight II
-Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
-Republic Commando

The Force Unleashed and it's sequel are only worthwhile if you are a total whore for Star Wars.

Knights of the Old Republic was awesome, one of my favorite games of all time! I already have it :) Also played KOTORII, didn't like it as much.

Beat Republic Commando a long time ago...Force Unleashed games are too big (30 GB download).

I will pick up Jedi Knight games. thnx

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I downloaded The Force Unleashed 1 last night and it was only and 18 gb download. Dat Valve compression. Kinda amazing checking the folder size and seeing it decompress a whole 10 extra gb.

TFU2 is only downloading 6.1 gb.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How is that Valve's fault when the dev gives them that version? It was the PS3 version btw.

I think you misunderstand: TFU used to be a 30gb download. Valve switched to a new delivery system and brought the filesize down to 18gb.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think you misunderstand: TFU used to be a 30gb download. Valve switched to a new delivery system and brought the filesize down to 18gb.

Yeah, I guess the benefit was more than just in patching. It cut downloads quite a bit across the board. Dropping a game download down by 30 percent is pretty damn impressive to me.

nexen

Yeah, I guess the benefit was more than just in patching. It cut downloads quite a bit across the board. Dropping a game download down by 30 percent is pretty damn impressive to me.

Given the amount of repeated content in TFU I have a hard time wrapping my head around the size of the install. Someone told me that the audio is all uncompressed or something? Even then it seems ridiculous.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Given the amount of repeated content in TFU I have a hard time wrapping my head around the size of the install. Someone told me that the audio is all uncompressed or something? Even then it seems ridiculous.

I believe someone dug into it and discovered it holds audio for every language under the sun, a tactic that devs use on PS3 discs to use up all that space they couldn't fill with quality content.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I believe someone dug into it and discovered it holds audio for every language under the sun, a tactic that devs use on PS3 discs to use up all that space they couldn't fill with quality content.
Back then the quality of a game was measured in hours. Now we measure it in Gigabytes. Anyone dares to guess what will come next?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Today's Daily is 66% off the Fallout Collection ($6.79 or $3.39 per title). I was hoping the discount would apply to the entire franchise so I can pick up the original version of Fallout 3 and the DLC packs, but alas that's not the case.

nexen

Back then the quality of a game was measured in hours. Now we measure it in Gigabytes. Anyone dares to guess what will come next?

My coworker measures the quality of movies on a scale of Riddicks. Chronicles of Riddick is 1 Riddick. Pitch Black is three.

Today's Daily is 66% off the Fallout Collection ($6.79 or $3.39 per title). I was hoping the discount would apply to the entire franchise so I can pick up the original version of Fallout 3 and the DLC packs, but alas that's not the case.
Interplay owns the first three, ZeniMax owns the rest. They'd have to coordinate their sales strategy.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
My coworker measures the quality of movies on a scale of Riddicks. Chronicles of Riddick is 1 Riddick. Pitch Black is three.
I hope the Riddick film coming out later this year is a 5 Riddick film.

Your avatar matches the tone of the post lol.

Hopefully trophies.

BFIB

No more Empire at War keys!?

vader.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Imagine the disappointment of buying Empire at War and not getting the key right away, though.

It'd be like waiting decades for sequels to your favorite movies and having them all suck.

JaseC

Imagine the disappointment of buying Empire at War and not getting the key right away, though.

It'd be like waiting decades for sequels to your favorite movies and having them all suck.

1dYbm7g.jpg

Edit ^ That may very well be the largest gif I have ever seen.

nexen

Jedi knight: jedi academy or jedi knight 2?
I vaguely remember playing jedi academy years ago (that's the one where you have to use force push to get your lightsaber in the tutorial right?).
Or to make it simple which one allows me do this awesome shit:

http://i.minus.com/ibfT0YJv0cR4n5.gif

That is Jedi Outcast. You need to use a cheat code for dismemberment to work.

edit: according to the internets Jedi Academy has this cheat too? I didn't know.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That is Jedi Outcast. You need to use a cheat code for dismemberment to work.

edit: according to the internets Jedi Academy has this cheat too? I didn't know.

The cheat works in both and that Gif is from Jedi Academy actually. Kyle Katarn doesn't look like that ugly ass character model.

Acorn

They are still selling a season pass for Aliens CM? Seems stupid as I though they stated they wouldn't be making any dlc.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
They are still selling a season pass for Aliens CM? Seems stupid as I though they stated they wouldn't be making any dlc.

Good point. Guess the hoarders better get it while they can.

Jawmuncher

GMG Sales

http://blog.playfire.com/2013/05/a-...-weekend.html?emst=9nmBzz0fzH_76778_97168_177

Firstly is our outrageous 30% discount voucher code* which is valid on the titles listed below the code.
GMG30-BH67J-TILO5

BioShock Infinite (Excluding ANZ)
BioShock Infinite Season Pass
Dead Island Riptide
Defiance
Defiance Digital Deluxe Edition
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (Europe Only)
Lords of Football
Might & Magic Heroes VI: Complete Edition (Europe Only)

you can use the following voucher code** for 25% off a selection of some great pre-purchase titles listed below.
GMG25-5GT67-87HJ9

Battlefield 4 (Europe Only - NA customers can choose between $8 Cash Back or $10 GMG Credit)
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Europe Only)
Company of Heroes 2
Dark
GRID 2
Metro Last Light
Remember Me
Resident Evil Revelations
Thunder Wolves
Wargame Airland Battle
99 Spirits

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
WOW. Now that's a good deal. Anyone know if they're both Steam?

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed and Sonic Generations are both Steam. If you click on the individual titles in the bundle it says Steam required.

JaseC

There are two other pieces of DLC mentioned in the registry:

Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Fern Developer Comp Early Access
Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Thistle Developer Comp Early Access

Both were updated a couple of weeks ago.

No more Empire at War keys!?
Unless the campaign picked up significantly later on my playtime with it was really boring. A very standard, uninvolving RTS with a 3D camera that never seemed to be where I wanted it. The space fights were better but again, nothing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom