• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I liked KOTOR II and I might like it even more if I ever play it with the fan content restoration. If I recall correctly the gameplay appealed to me, things seemed more polished, and overall it was good...but the main reason I liked KOTOR I better was the characters. I simply didn't like the mix in the sequel as much.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Someone mentioned Capcom doesn't do much when it comes to discounts and I'm not familiar with the usual timeline for digital deals, but is there any chance DmC will go on sale somewhere soon, or during the Steam summer sale?

nexen

I liked KOTOR II and I might like it even more if I ever play it with the fan content restoration. If I recall correctly the gameplay appealed to me, things seemed more polish, and overall it was good...but the main reason I liked KOTOR I better was the characters. I simply didn't like the mix in the sequel as much.

Dude, careful. Obsidian Defense Force is always watching.

I personally thought KOTOR2 was a tragedy, but to each their own.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Kotor 2 haters get added to a List.

Vanilla Kotor 2 was still an amazing product that delivered the closest I have ever seen to Empire Strikes Back hype as fuck for a for a sequel ending. I fantasized about potential scenarios for Kotor 3 up until it became clear that Lucasarts didn't give a shit.

nexen

Quality of a post is determined by time taken to read, right?

thatsthejoke.jpg

JordanN

Banned
I have a question about steam. Can deals be put on hold until you have the funds to purchase them or must they be purchased before they expire?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a question about steam. Can deals be put on hold until you have the funds to purchase them or must they be purchased before they expire?

The latter. If you attempt to purchase something added to your cart during the promotional period that has since ended, you'll get a message stating the price has changed and you'll be asked to re-confirm the transaction.

HoosTrax

You cannot put deals on hold. If you add something to your cart and it changes price in the meantime, you'll pay the latest price.

JordanN

Banned
The latter. If you attempt to purchase something added to your cart during the promotional period that has since ended, you'll get a message stating the price has changed and you'll be asked to re-confirm the transaction.
You cannot put deals on hold. If you add something to your cart and it changes price in the meantime, you'll pay the latest price.

Thanks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
New rule for Feef, only buy a new game if you finish one.

I used to live by that rule, but then I took a Summer Sale to the kn--ah, bugger it.

I got out of bed for nothing. :( The Summer Sale will mark a year since Skyrim's base price drop, so hopefully it receives the ever-so-elusive 66% discount.

KarmaCow

Ah, cmon, they can't do a Sonic All Star Racing and All Star Racing Transformed bundle?

I already have generations... :(

Isn't Transformed better than the other one in every way, including having online?

I think Gamesfly offers separate keys as well.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Isn't Transformed better than the other one in every way, including having online?

I think Gamesfly offers separate keys as well.

Who cares, I want both of them. I already have the first on 360 (because I didn't think it would come out on PC), but it did. Now I want it. Along with the new one.

I already have generations, so that bundle doesn't really help me.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Who cares, I want both of them. I already have the first on 360 (because I didn't think it would come out on PC), but it did. Now I want it. Along with the new one.

I already have generations, so that bundle doesn't really help me.

Find someone who wants to split it?

I really want that Sonic Pack but I can't buy games from Gamefly and I can't Paypal right now.

Hope Amazon does a price match or something :/

FloatOn

dishonored for 24 dollars is super tempting.

but I just recently picked up La-Mulana, Fez and Monaco recently and they are all unfinished.

ehhhhh... I can wait.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Recap of current sales. If there's anything you want from the Gamersgate Spring Sale now is the time to get it, as it will be ending soon.

[Amazon]

[Gamefly] - 20% off code GFDMAY20

[Gamersgate]

[Gamestop]
[GetGames]

[GMG] - 20% off code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA

[Newegg]
[Nuuvem]

fernandes

Looks like they were selling too many SW collections so they decided to make a bit more money out of it. It's now 50% off instead of 66%.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is an amazing game. Haven't played a carting game this good in a while. And playing it at 1080p and 60fps is a thing of beauty.

Even with vsync off the game refused to run at 120fps, anyone know a fix for this?

bndadm

I guess I'm dipping into this Steam thing full-bore now. Picking up:

Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy
Starfighter
Dark Forces

I'm seeing that $14.99 for Euro Truck Simulator 2, I'm seeing my paycheck, and I'm seeing weekend only. Damnit.

HoosTrax

Any major upcoming releases not listed on the "Coming Soon" tab? I remember Dust: An Elysian Tale is supposed to be coming out soon, but don't remember if there was anything else.

Couldn't find the stupid questions thread, and since most of my gaming friends are from Steam-GAF, I'll ask here.

I'm making a PSN account. Does the ID/Nick system work like in Steam? It says I should use my e-mail as my ID, but I don't like that idea. Also, can I change my nick later?

Thanks guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom