• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Couldn't find the stupid questions thread, and since most of my gaming friends are from Steam-GAF, I'll ask here.

I'm making a PSN account. Does the ID/Nick system work like in Steam? It says I should use my e-mail as my ID, but I don't like that idea. Also, can I change my nick later?

Thanks guys :D
You login with your email, but you have a separate user name. It can't be changed as of yet.

Baha

Don't have anywhere else to put this, but I have a Steam key for Half-Minute Hero that I don't plan on using, so if you want it, first one to send me a PM gets it

edit: Claimed

HoosTrax

Oh noes, lambentstew is down for the foreseeable future. What was that other Steam fan site that had game completion / unplayed games stat info.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Are the unleashed Star Wars games decent ports on PC? I know the games are meh but how is the conversion?

Locked at 30 (there are supposed 60 fps .exes but I have never gotten one to function and I am a goddamn beast at PC shit so don't expect much there). 1080p and higher breathes a lot of life into the art which can look pretty damn great at times and a wired 360 pad works like a charm. There are a couple sound issues with simple fixes.

DeVeAn

Locked at 30 (there are supposed 60 fps .exes but I have never gotten one to function and I am a goddamn beast at PC shit so don't expect much there). 1080p and higher breathes a lot of life into the art which can look pretty damn great at times and a wired 360 pad works like a charm. There are a couple sound issues with simple fixes.

Thank you, I think I will grab em.

Are the unleashed Star Wars games decent ports on PC? I know the games are meh but how is the conversion?

Ok if you have a 360 pad or equivalent. Otherwise you are talking about things like no mouse in the menus, QTE prompts not matching your control scheme and that sort of thing.

The second one did have a little bit more effort in this regard.

Otherwise besides the crazy download and install size of especially the first one (From memory ~16GB download for a 30GB install!), they generally do the job.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

MWeT3A8.jpg

DeVeAn

Ok if you have a 360 pad or equivalent. Otherwise you are talking about things like no mouse in the menus, QTE prompts not matching your control scheme and that sort of thing.

The second one did have a little bit more effort in this regard.

Otherwise besides the crazy download and install size of especially the first one (From memory ~16GB download for a 30GB install!), they generally do the job.

Yea, I use the 360 pad for damn near everything I can.

Syril

It's mediocre. Oh and the netcode is a joke. It might have been cool on Xbox and PS2, but PC has always been held to a higher netcode standard, thanks to Based Carmack.

But no serious stability or compatibility issues or anything? I'd just be screwing around in single player stuff anyway.

DeVeAn

Can you tell me where to go to fix the sound issues its skipping non stop on SWFU2.

DeVeAn

Fuck wanted to play SWTFU2 and game has tearing and slow mo. Can't seem to find a sound fix. Damn instant regret on this one.

Judging by the responses, I'm guessing the Force Unleashed 2 isn't even worth the ~$7 sale price. I enjoyed the original (for the most part, played it on 360), is the second one that bad? Is it a decent PC port?

I was thinking:

Battlefront 2
Starfighter
Maybe TFU2 OR TFU

FloatOn

yis, thanks for that! I talked to ya but I think you were busy

No problem. Had any of my other steam friends had it on their wishlist you might have had some competition
probably not
. I've been out all night so my wife must have closed the chat window because I don't see anything now.

maybe we could give the multiplayer a go some time.

KarmaCow

So what's up with Alien Swarm, has Valve said anything about it since it's release? I just noticed while freeing up some harddrive space and it seems like Valve has forgotten about it too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what's up with Alien Swarm, has Valve said anything about it since it's release? I just noticed while freeing up some harddrive space and it seems like Valve has forgotten about it too.

The Alien Swarm remake is nothing but a proof-of-concept release to showcase the versatility of the then-most-recent Source SDK.

Just finished playing Crysis 2. It looked pretty with my new video card, and the game was okay. Next up, I'm gonna play Bioshock Infinite. I would try playing FC3BD, but I think that'd be too close to the "same" type of game.

Pudge

Can anyone explain to me why the first Force Unleashed game is a normal retail sized install, but Force Unleashed 2 is a crazy 30GB? I thought the second one had less content in it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I always thought that it was mostly laying the groundwork for dota. Ya know top down source shit.

I don't think that was the intention at the time development begun. BCG was snapped up by Valve in 2008 whereas IceFrog didn't join the nest until late 2009. Fortunate timing, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom