• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Can anyone explain to me why the first Force Unleashed game is a normal retail sized install, but Force Unleashed 2 is a crazy 30GB? I thought the second one had less content in it.

You got the sizes flipped. And TFU2 has siginifcantly less content. It's like a 4-5 hour game. TFU 1 is a solid 8+ hour game and it has 3 decent sized DLC bonus missions.

Nuuvem works again?

image.php

Salsa

well im prouder for deciphering everything on FEZ on my own more so than I am for any academic achievement

that either speaks greatly of the task or crappily about my academics!
or both!

HoosTrax

Finally got around to playing MUD Motocross World Championship, which I got from the Namco Bandai pack from Amazon a while back. NB really sucks at publicity apparently. The game has surprisingly good production values and fairly advanced physics, and has the potential for being a sleeper.

It's a motocross game obviously, which is a bit unusual in and of itself. Beyond controlling steering and throttle, you also have to manage your rider's lean direction, so from moment to moment, it's a bit more involved than a car racing game. The terrain is actively modeled (during the course of the race, you start to see the tracks left by the bikes, and they affect your control over your bike).

At FXAA x4, it looks really good, but I can only manage 40-50ish fps.

Playing it with no AA at 144 fps is a better gameplay experience imho (but not nearly as good-looking of course).

Bad stuff:
- does not have 360 button prompts even when using controller
- vibration option in the menu seems to not be working? have to investigate this one
- limited music selection (don't think there are any licensed music tracks)

Will put more time into it this weekend to see if things start to fall apart later in the game. Also have to try out some of the other modes, like Trick mode. This might end up being the best out of the three games in that pack (also had Ace Combat and Ridge Racer: Unbounded).

zychi

Banned
Anyone know how I can get my ps2 controller to work with San Andreas PC? Everything works but the analog sticks. Ive tried Xpadder and MotionJoy and neither make the Analog work

You got the sizes flipped. And TFU2 has siginifcantly less content. It's like a 4-5 hour game. TFU 1 is a solid 8+ hour game and it has 3 decent sized DLC bonus missions.

Wasn't there someone who mentioned a few pages back that the DL size for TFU1 was lowered? Does that include the folder size being lowered as well?
I think you misunderstand: TFU used to be a 30gb download. Valve switched to a new delivery system and brought the filesize down to 18gb.

Found it.

I'd hate to have to redownload it to save file space and ultimately waste bandwidth and file space if the folder still balloons to 30GB after the fact.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finally got around to playing MUD Motocross World Championship, which I got from the Namco Bandai pack from Amazon a while back. NB really sucks at publicity apparently. The game has surprisingly good production values and fairly advanced physics, and has the potential for being a sleeper.

It's a motocross game obviously, which is a bit unusual in and of itself. Beyond controlling steering and throttle, you also have to manage your rider's lean direction, so from moment to moment, it's a bit more involved than a car racing game. The terrain is actively modeled (during the course of the race, you start to see the tracks left by the bikes, and they affect your control over your bike).

At FXAA x4, it looks really good, but I can only manage 40-50ish fps.

Playing it with no AA at 144 fps is a better gameplay experience imho (but not nearly as good-looking of course).

Bad stuff:
- does not have 360 button prompts even when using controller
- vibration option in the menu seems to not be working? have to investigate this one
- limited music selection (don't think there are any licensed music tracks)

Will put more time into it this weekend to see if things start to fall apart later in the game. Also have to try out some of the other modes, like Trick mode. This might end up being the best out of the three games in that pack (also had Ace Combat and Ridge Racer: Unbounded).

This actually sounds rather neat. I'd say the last good motocross game I played was the Ricky Carmichael game on the PSX. (Where's the DD re-release of Motocross Madness, MS?)

AlexBasch

Reinstalled Dead Island from a couple of backup DVD's I found while cleaning the drawer.

Man, the game is alive again and had a nice session with a dude, it was fun and all until some idiot got into the game and clearly had cheats enabled or something because he had a fucking rail gun as a shotgun and punching zombies to oblivion.

Oh well, that will teach me to keep my game private at times.

JustinBB7

I think you misunderstand: TFU used to be a 30gb download. Valve switched to a new delivery system and brought the filesize down to 18gb.

Oh right. That's actually pretty awesome. I forgot it was 30GB first..

Here's hoping for a Steam sale in the near future so I can pick up all the trivial pieces of DLC... and the Brady Guide.

At this point I might just wait for a GOTY edition.. so much dlc hot damn.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They aren't even putting effort into the Steam "trophies."

Hint: They aren't fucking trophies guys.

That sound you hear is a no-name blog picking up on that error and passing it off as "inside information" that Steam achievements are due to be changed to Steam trophies.

DagsJT

Borderlands 2 and Farcry 3 completed in the same day. Today has been a good day.

I've never been one to complete games but in the last month or so, I've also completed The Darkness II, Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.

Not sure why I'm on a roll but I'm not complaining, it's good to clear some backlog!

legacyzero

Banned
I fucked up big time. I was JUST about to purchase the old school fallout pack. I entered in the payment and then walked away after I submitted it. Came back to a declined message, and the fucking sale was over :(

that'll learn me.

Deques

So I started playing Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory. Was probably a stupid idea. It got 90 levels, distributed in five worlds. I beat it in one sitting, and got 15/20 achievements. The rest of the unlocked achievements are beat each world without dying, which I don't intend to do :p
It's a sweet sweet game, but not really recommended for the older audience

I fucked up big time. I was JUST about to purchase the old school fallout pack. I entered in the payment and then walked away after I submitted it. Came back to a declined message, and the fucking sale was over :(

that'll learn me.

I was really close to buying them, had them in my cart and everything, and then remembered I own them on gog.

Luckily that money didn't go down the drain.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Fuck Lucasarts for not just porting TFU1/2 to PC themselves and doing the 60 fps stuff. The hoops you have to jump through with these games is stupid.

I had to put a cracked .exe for both, drop in a second .exe that applies the 60 fps magics, and the TFU2 60 fps exe was marked as a virus by MSE and had to be allowed through.

Kassu

Banned
Borderlands 2 and Farcry 3 completed in the same day. Today has been a good day.
Borderlands 2 is horrible game for me, I really want to like it and finish it but when I play it just throws thousand fetch quests to me with endless waves of enemies and I have been using the same boring weapons for ten hours at least with no sight of better ones. I really liked BL1 and I'm not even sure what is wrong in BL2, I even like story and characters but gameplay bores me to hell which is exact opposite from the first one.

I have no idea how much do I have left of it, but I'm right after
where they relocate Sanctuary
. Since the main game was boring I even finished first two DLC campaigns and Pirate Booty was actually a lot better than the main campaign. Torgue was really boring though, not sure how good the third one is.

cicero

that'll learn me.
You won't have long to wait for it to go on sale again, and most likely at a higher discount too. Summer sale is coming.

MNC

Be sure to pick up "Conversion Pack" for battlefront ii. It has loads of new units, maps, vehicles, it's really amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom