• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sini

Just Cause 2 DLC is super cheap but is it worth it? I always get worried worried if DLC vehicles and weapons are game-breaking or something. Do you get them all unlocked as soon as you start the game?
You will get them at the beginning and if I remember right you can't upgrade them. So they are powerful from the start.

Ledsen

Giving away various Steam keys since there's no use hanging onto them. Quote with the one(s) you want and I'll PM you once I mark them all off. Please feel free to take more than one, especially if you're taking ones I have multiples of.

Vegas: Make it Big? My GF is a city builder and this looks like something she would try :)

Giving away various Steam keys since there's no use hanging onto them. Quote with the one(s) you want and I'll PM you once I mark them all off. Please feel free to take more than one, especially if you're taking ones I have multiples of.

MUD TV please? If not that, then Vegas Make it Big?

KarmaCow

Thanks Xelios for the tip about Sleeping Dogs for cheap on the Polish Origin site. I really regretted missing it when Steam borked the price a while back.

Just Cause 2 DLC is super cheap but is it worth it? I always get worried worried if DLC vehicles and weapons are game-breaking or something. Do you get them all unlocked as soon as you start the game?

You can get equivalents or better with mods IIRC.

May I acquire one of those Gettysburg's?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the TFU games right before the sale was over. What do I need to download to make the game better?
A better game? :p

Seriously now, I enjoyed TFU, but there's a specific moment near the end that is particularly infuriating. I played the sequel on the Wii, and while it wasn't bad, you won't lose anything by skipping it.

catabarez

A better game? :p

Seriously now, I enjoyed TFU, but there's a specific moment near the end that is particularly infuriating. I played the sequel on the Wii, and it wasn't bad, but you won't lose anything by skipping it.

I own them for PS3 so I know what I'm getting into :p

I was more curious about the fps unlockers and any other fixes out there.

Watevaman

Fieldrunners and Snapshot?

Spacechem or Red orchestra please! I don't have either.

Sanic

Gettysburg please?

edit: Thanks!

Spacechem, please?

nexen

Prepare to dust off your facebook account for #2 there.

I care not. Just give me fps/tps lightsabers and good graphics again.
Visceral and Dice are going to knock these out of the park.

Why the fuck would anyone want a Jedi Knight game from EA.

I'm gonna re open my livejournal for this news.

Because they make good games? Dead Space has been amazing, even 3 was pretty good. Dice games have been great. Even if you think BF3 was a step down, it is still head and shoulders above most shooters out there.

Dice doing SWBF3 and Visceral doing a TPS Jedi Knight would be fantastic.

Defenders of Ardania, please?

nexen

My unreliable internet connection is not ready.

To be fair, your unreliable internet connection wouldn't let you play SWBF3 from any developer.

Have they done always online DRM for anything that was multiplat? JK-next would have to be multiplat.

cicero

Thank you very much for giving out these games, xelios. Your generous considerate gifting is greatly appreciated.

Sajjaja

I'd like Pid please.

EDIT: Awesome. Thanks Xel!

Tizoc

Can I have Puzzle Bots please?

sibarraz

Banned

Beat Hazard Complete please?

Nabs

thanks for the key xelios

Client update time. Download limiting is out of beta:

Steam Support ‏@Steam_Support 45m
New update for the #Steam client is live today: http://store.steampowered.com/news/10548/ We are also aware of the issue of SWBF2 keys, this will get fixed!

A new Steam Client update has been released and will be automatically downloaded. The specific changes are listed below.

General:

- Added rate-limiting of Steam game downloads, via Settings -> Downloads
- Added "View" button to the downloads page for workshop items that shows you which items have been updated
- Fix client update-loops caused by inconsistent server and proxy-cache states
- Friends will now show an icon next to their Online status to indicate if they are using Big Picture Mode, Steam Mobile, or Steam Web Chat
- Fixed a rare crash loading certain corrupt jpg images
- Increased font size in chat to improve readability

Linux:

- Fix handling of http_proxy environment variable http:// prefix in some instances
- Overlay enable hotkey now handles more shifted keys correctly
- Most-recently-played tray menu will not have an extra separator if no games have been played

Big Picture:

- Workaround which fixes common D3D internal crash introduced by IE10/KB2670838 on Windows 7
- Added activate product on Steam path to Big Picture
- Fixed focus order of elements in Library Details view after Workshop
- Fixed opacity mask flash on transition in and out of main menu
- Implement native Steam Service install dialog on game launch if needed to avoid desktop dialog appearing
- Windows: Avoid more context changes in rendering for small perf improvement on low end hardware

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
thanks for the key xelios

Client update time. Download limiting is out of beta:

Steam Support ‏@Steam_Support 45m
New update for the #Steam client is live today: http://store.steampowered.com/news/10548/ We are also aware of the issue of SWBF2 keys, this will get fixed!

A new Steam Client update has been released and will be automatically downloaded. The specific changes are listed below.

General:

- Increased font size in chat to improve readability

Ugh god damn it, no. Why do they still have that in?

sibarraz

Banned
I had a question, I bought the special edition of magic the gathering 2013 which included the OST of the game, also, I realized that shogun 2 fall of the samurai included the OST as well (even though I bought it in a steam sale with the rest of the series as well)

My question is, where I could find this ost? local archives?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I had a question, I bought the special edition of magic the gathering 2013 which included the OST of the game, also, I realized that shogun 2 fall of the samurai included the OST as well (even though I bought it in a steam sale with the rest of the series as well)

My question is, where I could find this ost? local archives?

It depends on the game, there isn't any consistent location. Just google each game and you'll find it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, your unreliable internet connection wouldn't let you play SWBF3 from any developer.

Have they done always online DRM for anything that was multiplat? JK-next would have to be multiplat.
Who said I was planning on playing multiplayer? :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nah it's:
Ricochet 2
SteamBox
L4D3
L4D4
Portal 3
DOTA 3
TF3
Moving every game to SteamPipe 2
Ricochet 3
Maybe planning HL3 concept art.
I think this is a little bit more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom