• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a bit of trouble with Ghostbusters, every time I try to go into the video settings menu I get this error:

9xOtDWX.png

The same error also pops up after playing the intro. Any help would be appreciated.
It's a very badly made game. I wasn't able to play it until I changed operating system from XP to 7. Atari and Valve assured me they were working on a patch, I even heard that forum users had a beta patch and were testing it but it never got released. Smash and grab, loss mitigation on Atari's part.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
[Amazon]
[GMG] - 20% discount code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA
[Gamefly]
[Nuuvem]
[Humble Double Fine Bundle]

• $1.00+
    • Costume Quest
    • Psychonauts
    • Stacking
  • $7.92+
    • Brutal Legend
[Indiegala Store]

[Gamestop]
[GMG] - Use code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA for an additional 20% off
[Gamersgate] - use code elder-geek.com for additional 5% discount
[Bundle Stars]

• Indie Jam - $6.47
    • Dead Horde
    • Future Wars
    • Greed: Black Border
    • Grotesque Tactics
    • Grotesque Tactics 2
    • Stellar Impact
    • Trapped Dead
    • Trauma
    • Twin Sector
    • Unstoppable Gorg
  • Indie Jam 2 - $5.09
    • Ion Assault
    • Iron Grip: Warlord
    • Nuclear Dawn
    • Planets Under Attack
    • Shattered Horizon
    • Two Worlds II
    • Two Worlds II: Castle Defense DLC
    • X-Blades

HoosTrax

I think I hated BIT.TRIP Beat, but that was probably due more to the fact that I find side-scrolling paddle-ball games really off-putting (I couldn't get into Shatter either). Kind of interested in Core and Void, and Runner 2, which isn't part of the bundle.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Core is terrible. Hard as hell too, way harder than any of the others I've played.

MNC

Finished Hard Reset + DLC. In the balls, backlog.

I found the beginning few levels terribly boring and dragging on, but as I was leveling up my weapons the game turned out to be one of my favorite FPS games I've played. Nice, quick and 'arcade' (non-dynamic-spread/no ADS), (do we even call that arcade? Does it really mean FPS with ADS has taken over? Oh boy...) shooting action and dear God the game looks good. Got a really nice art style for surroundings.

Anyway, the story was pretty lackluster but I ended up enjoying it loads. Bossfights were hard as hell, too.

When I try to play burnout paradise which I purchased in the recent sale I get the following error message #steamui_joindialog_keyrequestpending_title and cant play the game any way to solve this :(

DTKT

When I try to play burnout paradise which I purchased in the recent sale I get the following error message #steamui_joindialog_keyrequestpending_title and cant play the game any way to solve this :(

It seems to indicate that Steam ran out of keys. It is a recent purchase? Contact support?

Woo, SS2 on Steam.

I noticed Marvel Heroes is in the Coming soon section. Wasn't aware it was coming to PC.
Huh? I thought it was PC exclusive, though I wasn't aware it was coming to Steam.

Might give it a shot. I like Marvel, and I like mindlessly clicking on things 'til they die so that I can get better things to click on things with 'til they die.

Chronoja

Huh? I thought it was PC exclusive, though I wasn't aware it was coming to Steam.

Might give it a shot. I like Marvel, and I like mindlessly clicking on things 'til they die so that I can get better things to click on things with 'til they die.

How odd, something had me convinced that Marvel Heroes was a console focused game. I must have been thinking of something else entirely.

Nabs

Finished Hard Reset + DLC. In the balls, backlog.

I found the beginning few levels terribly boring and dragging on, but as I was leveling up my weapons the game turned out to be one of my favorite FPS games I've played. Nice, quick and 'arcade' (non-dynamic-spread/no ADS), (do we even call that arcade? Does it really mean FPS with ADS has taken over? Oh boy...) shooting action and dear God the game looks good. Got a really nice art style for surroundings.

Anyway, the story was pretty lackluster but I ended up enjoying it loads. Bossfights were hard as hell, too.

It looks like they are developing the new Shadow Warrior.

Sober

If you were waiting for Hitman: Bombasolution on Amazon to get cheaper, apparently Tony is working on it:

We're updating the pricing on Hitman Absolution to $4.99 Standard and $8.99 Professional. If you already purchased, we'll get you a credit for the difference. Working on this now.

Doomshine

Just got a -50% coupon for Duke 3d out of nowhere. Well, it worked because I bought it immediately.

EDIT: and just got a -75% coupon for Serious Sam 3 (which is currently 80% off btw), huh.

Island

Do I need to have played BLOPS 1 to enjoy BLOPS 2? The last Cod I played was MW2. I do like the multi but don't know how I feel about jumping around in the series

BigBoss

It's a very badly made game. I wasn't able to play it until I changed operating system from XP to 7. Atari and Valve assured me they were working on a patch, I even heard that forum users had a beta patch and were testing it but it never got released. Smash and grab, loss mitigation on Atari's part.

I had a very similar issue. Had no solution. Gave up.

Well that sucks, thanks anyways.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
BJ2evOrCQAAal8a.png

Almost everything is 75% off.

BIT.TRIP Presents Runner2 - $11.24 (-25%)

BIT.Trip Collection - $11.98 (Core/Beat/Runner/Void + Soundtracks)
If someone doesn't have these games, now is the time to fix that terrible mistake.

I think I hated BIT.TRIP Beat, but that was probably due more to the fact that I find side-scrolling paddle-ball games really off-putting (I couldn't get into Shatter either). Kind of interested in Core and Void, and Runner 2, which isn't part of the bundle.
It's a shame, Beat is a damn fine game, and Flux (not released on Steam yet) is the best of them all, right there with Runner.

Core is my least favorite, it's really hard, and the PC version feels weird: maybe due to input lag, I can't manage to shoot even the first 10 beats in the first level without missing half of them, something that I had no problems with on the Wii.

Void is great, get it. And I'd dare to say Runner 2 is like an orgasm, but that would be underestimating that game.

FYI: SteamPipe betas have been released for Half Life 2, the Episodes and Lost Coast. These betas also include Linux versions. Restart Steam and right click the game > Properties > Betas > SteamPipe Beta.

Blizzard

Banned
FYI: SteamPipe betas have been released for Half Life 2, the Episodes and Lost Coast. These betas also include Linux versions. Restart Steam and right click the game > Properties > Betas > SteamPipe Beta.
I think the only time since the SteamPipe upgrade on the main GAF TF2 server, my load time if anything got longer.

I imagine my ancient hard disk is to blame, but the load times really are pretty long.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think the only time since the SteamPipe upgrade on the main GAF TF2 server, my load time if anything got longer.

I imagine my ancient hard disk is to blame, but the load times really are pretty long.

Mine went a bit faster than usual when I tested it out of curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom