• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziadoz

Neo Member
I really hope Gamersgate gets the Dishonored keys before the weekend... :( I'm checking the game in my library on the site once in a while as I don't know if they'll send an e-mail when they have it.

On their Facebook page they said they've contacted Bethesda and hope to have some more keys today.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I haven't been reading this thread in awhile, is this something you are doing regularly/daily? Super awesome and thanks for doing it!

If someone hasn't posted the new deals I'll post them yeah, and I try to keep a list of all the currently active deals in a recent post. You're welcome!

A few just went up on GMG coincidentally:

[GMG] - use code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA for an additional 20% off

Can't wait for Gearbox's other classic, Aliens Colonial Marines to get its GOTY, then I can get fucked all at once instead of being nickle'd, dime'd, and fucked.

obligatory janky alien gif

original.gif

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Relevant to this thread Jase:

RUMOR: Joss Whedon has Saoirse Ronan in mind for Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2

SRSW.jpg

We're a good two years off before we see Marvel's The Avengers 2, but we already know that Joss Whedon is working hard on the script and it's been confirmed a week ago that the sister and brother team of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be joining the cast as the big additions to the team this time around.

There are probably a lot of thoughts about who should be cast in these roles and how they should be portrayed, but we've learned that Marvel and Joss definitely have a few ideas already and one of them is that the duo are going to be younger than the rest of the team.

Although Joss is still writing and probably not ready to send anything out to actors, for the two roles, they're generally looking for actors in their 20s and we've heard word that the "prototype" for their Scarlet Witch is none other than Irish actress Saoirse Ronan. Except something to note is that they're going "British" for the role rather than trying to have actors playing Eastern Europeans.

xelios

Recap of Steam sales + Amazon's Rockstar sale and some other new stuff. Please forgive my spam, for the new people on a new page.

[Amazon]
[Amazon - Rockstar Sale]

Amazon Tony said:
We'll have a bundle with Max Payne 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, and L.A. Noire for $11.99 on the 29th... Similarly we'll have another bundle with: GTA IV Complete + La Noire Complete + GTA San Andreas for $11.99

Amazon said:
50% Off Rockstar Games Downloads + Get a $5 Rockstar Games Credit

From now through May 28, purchase select Rockstar Games downloads for 50% off the list price and get a $5 Rockstar Games credit. Within two days after purchasing your game, you will receive an email notifying you that your credit is ready to use.

To Receive the Promotion:
  • Purchase the qualifying item from the product detail page.
  • We will send you an email once your credit card has been charged, and your promotional credit is ready for use.
  • To redeem your reward, purchase the digital video game download version of any Rockstar title sold and distributed by Amazon.com and the credit will be automatically applied. The promotional credit must be used by May 28, 2014.
  • The promotion applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product information pages.
  • The promotion applies only to the digital video game download versions of Rockstar Games priced higher than $5 sold and distributed by Amazon.com

[Gamersgate] - use code elder-geek.com for additional 5% discount
[Gamestop]
[Getgamesgo]
[GMG] - use code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA for an additional 20% off
[Humble Double Fine Bundle]

• $1.00+
    • Costume Quest
    • Psychonauts
    • Stacking
  • $8.02+
    • Brutal Legend
[Indiegala Store]

[Nuuvem]
[Bundle Stars]

• Indie Jam - $6.45
    • Dead Horde
    • Future Wars
    • Greed: Black Border
    • Grotesque Tactics
    • Grotesque Tactics 2
    • Stellar Impact
    • Trapped Dead
    • Trauma
    • Twin Sector
    • Unstoppable Gorg
  • Indie Jam 2 - $5.08
    • Ion Assault
    • Iron Grip: Warlord
    • Nuclear Dawn
    • Planets Under Attack
    • Shattered Horizon
    • Two Worlds II
    • Two Worlds II: Castle Defense DLC
    • X-Blades

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wasn't sure if I should unlock Brutal Legend in the DF humble bundle since I already played it on the 360, but decided I want it on PC too. Not going to include Broken Age since I was already a backer though (which reminds me I should eventually catch up with all the project updates).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish R* would re-release the DD version of Manhunt 2. It died with the sale of D2D to GameFly.

garath

Is that the cheapest GTAIV has been? I owned it on the PS3 but never played it through. I wouldn't mind giving it another shot on the PC but $10 seems a little stiff for such an old game.

ShaneB

for the Pinball connoisseurs, is there a relative debate for Pinball FX or Pinball Arcade as to which is the better game? Or is it just simply a preference for what tables you like?

Well, that's a Max Payne 3 deal. Maybe if there was a guarantee that I could use that $5 on GTA V on PC, I'd consider it but, who knows when that will launch. I think I'll wait for something a little better, since in reality, I won't be playing it for at least a few weeks.

nexen

for the Pinball connoisseurs, is there a relative debate for Pinball FX or Pinball Arcade as to which is the better game? Or is it just simply a preference for what tables you like?

There is no debate. Pinball Arcade is superior in every single way.

xelios

Well, that's a Max Payne 3 deal. Maybe if there was a guarantee that I could use that $5 on GTA V on PC, I'd consider it but, who knows when that will launch. I think I'll wait for something a little better, since in reality, I won't be playing it for at least a few weeks.

Yeah the deal is not really that hot as is. Code expires on the 28th. I'm thinking those $45 bundles must be misprices, since they're $15 more expensive than buying games separately. Also, sorry for the text vomit.

sixclaws

Banned
Yeah the deal is not really that hot as is. Code expires on the 28th. I'm thinking those $45 bundles must be misprices, since they're $15 more expensive than buying games separately. Also, sorry for the text vomit.

It appears that the date is also a mistake, Tony says it was supposed to be the 28th of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom