• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is that the cheapest GTAIV has been? I owned it on the PS3 but never played it through. I wouldn't mind giving it another shot on the PC but $10 seems a little stiff for such an old game.

A word of warning: it's awfully optimised. I wouldn't bother with the PC version at all if you have anything less than a i5 2500K.

Edit: I suppose you could get away with an overclocked i5 750/760.

ShaneB

There is no debate. Pinball Arcade is superior in every single way.

Excellent good sir. That's the kind of reply I wanted, short and to the point. I enjoyed what I played of Pinball FX on 360 ages ago, but will certainly skip that on here if Pinball Arcade is the clear winner.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
excuse me
but , is it safe do download from this site ?
does this version use steam ?
and how to convert the prices to us dollar ?

Just Google "reals to dollars" for conversion.

Nuuvem is safe and legit, and yes it's a Steam key with no region restrictions.

cmon Tony, where's Kingdoms of Amalur complete with all DLC and Steam keys?

You promised us. :(

Yeah, not sure what ever happened with that. Did Valve pull the rug out from under them with the Steam sale or something?

It's currently $6.79 (GFDMAY15) on Gamefly for KoA + DLC but unfortunately it's Origin.

Should I buy Fallout3:GOTY? It's so cheap!

Please make this decision for me, based GAF!

If you plan on playing it immediately. If not, you can prolly get it for $5 in the summer sale.

nexen

Excellent good sir. That's the kind of reply I wanted, short and to the point. I enjoyed what I played of Pinball FX on 360 ages ago, but will certainly skip that on here if Pinball Arcade is the clear winner.

Pinball FX is for people who really like Marvel and/or Star Wars and don't really play pinball. It is a pinball-themed arcade game.

Pinball Arcade is for people who like pinball.

In all honesty PA is one of my absolute favorite games ever, no caveats.

There is no debate. Pinball Arcade is superior in every single way.

Actually there is a debate: there's a reasonably high risk of a shite port. Even the DLC tables aren't safe of being shittily ported (see: the Vita version). Meanwhile Pinball FX has a very solid Windows 8 version for Zen to work off.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
[Amazon - Rockstar Sale]
Dude, those are some terrible prices! Even Steam has had them cheaper on every sale. Max Payne 2 alone is more expensive than the 1&2 pack on Steam.

And $47.50 for GTA IV + Episodes, GTA SA and LA Noire + DLC, when you can buy the whole GTA franchise on Steam for $10, and LA Noire complete for les than 8 bucks? Thanks, but no thanks. And it's funny how it says this in the page:

Total Individual Price: $42.46
Bundle Price: $47.49

So buying the games in a bundle costs even more than getting them one at a time. What happened there, Tony?

nexen

Actually there is a debate: there's a reasonably high risk of a shite port. Even the DLC tables aren't safe of being shittily ported (see: the Vita version). Meanwhile Pinball FX has a very solid Windows 8 version for Zen to work off.

I play PA exclusively on the Vita. Aside from seriously bad slowdown on Dr.Dude, I have little to really complain about.

Besides, a good port of a bad game is not as good as a middling port of a great game.

The physics on Pinball FX are beyond janky and the tables are almost all lame. The Pinball Arcade tables were designed by the best table designers that ever lived. Full stop. There is no comparison.

Having played the real version of almost all of the tables on Pinball Arcade I can assure you PA is tight as it is going to get.
Pinball FX isn't even really pinball. It doesn't feel real in any way.

So System Shock 2 is on Steam. Is that new?

Oh, my... yes.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So buying the games in a bundle costs even more than getting them one at a time. What happened there, Tony?

Yeah, we're asking him what's going on over at CAG. It's pretty terrible prices but maybe he can do something about it (he did get Hitman lowered to $5). Also like I stated earlier, I'm pretty sure those bundles are mispriced atm.

Blizzard

Banned
So System Shock 2 is on Steam. Is that new?
Brand new release, on sale for $7 USD, and I've never played it. Welp, got to pick that up.

Is it super terrifying horror with jump scares though? I've never been interested in the DOOM games and I wasn't sure if this is along the same lines.

Brand new release, on sale for $7 USD, and I've never played it. Welp, got to pick that up.

Is it super terrifying horror with jump scares though? I've never been interested in the DOOM games and I wasn't sure if this is along the same lines.

It's more an ominous sense of the world closing in around you. Sound is the primary tool used.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The proceeds from the Castle Crashers DLC goes to charity, so have some class and try not to whine about it, people.

Chronoja

Does it come with any of the GOG goodies?! I want to buy it, but maybe the soundtrack is worth the extra $3.

I installed it and had a look through it's folder and it doesn't seem like there are any of the extras. Unless they are stored somewhere else.

Doesn't mean they won't appear as dlc like soundtracks etc. pop up for games all the time on steam these days, otherwise it's a small trade off for getting our "official" steam version.

nexen

I installed it and had a look through it's folder and it doesn't seem like there are any of the extras. Unless they are stored somewhere else.

Doesn't mean they won't appear as dlc like soundtracks etc. pop up for games all the time on steam these days, otherwise it's a small trade off for getting our "official" steam version.

I know I'm eventually going to buy it on GOG too, so I'm not worried.
Steam is somehow more convenient than GOG though and I really like SS2.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I'm sold! Well, I'd be if my credit cards weren't locked until next Monday.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't think anybody is going to whine about 99c DLC not being discounted. ;)

Are you new here? We have people jumping for 4-packs to save pennies.

However, I will say that I meant it to stifle any "it should include all the dlc" talk that can pop up.

dreamfall

Ah, thanks! Will probably go for it on Steam, just out of convenience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom