• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

catabarez

Can't seem to get the Pillar of Community badge at all :/ I have 13 out of the 14 needed and no matter what I do the badge won't get added. Anyone have any trouble like this?

Trading Card drops are currently just tied to playtime within a game, independent of which achievements you are getting. We will definitely look into adding more rules for how cards are dropped in the future, but there are a few problems with in-game achievements that prevented us from using them right now. Many games have achievements that are grindy or un-fun to get, and we want the act of getting game cards to be fun for all users in games. We also don't want to push users to cheat or use achievement-unlockers in games in order to get cards, since that devalues achievements and isn't that fun either. Achievements are still valuable, and having the Achievement Showcase on your community profile is a great way to show off those rare achievements.

I assume Valve doesn't like other devs achievement usages. Now you just need to play or idle if you want in the game.

Caerith

The "Achievement Showcase" you can add to your profile lists them in order of rarity, which I guess is as close to bragging rights as we're gonna get.

MNC

I just finished saints row 3. Despite my previous post, I actually still enjoyed it. There are way too much filler missions but despite all that, I fucking loved some of the missions (more precisely, the design/music/idea combo behind it.) Among the top are definitely the one where Kanye's Power plays, the intro mission, Gangstas in Space, Murderbrawl xxxi, and some others. Liked most of the dialogue amd over the topness, too. Shame most of it is overshadowed by horrible filler missions and buggy gameplay.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The "Achievement Showcase" you can add to your profile lists them in order of rarity, which I guess is as close to bragging rights as we're gonna get.

I like it a lot, but I wish I could customize the the achievements shown. I have some Oddworld crap and ugly Saint's Row achievements that are super rare (DLC related).

what achievement showcase?

The one you get at level 10?
QWhsztu.png

Caerith

I just finished saints row 3. Despite my previous post, I actually still enjoyed it. There are way too much filler missions but despite all that, I fucking loved some of the missions (more precisely, the design/music/idea combo behind it.) Among the top are definitely the one where Kanye's Power plays, the intro mission, Gangstas in Space, Murderbrawl xxxi, and some others. Liked most of the dialogue amd over the topness, too. Shame most of it is overshadowed by horrible filler missions and buggy gameplay.
I found the filler missions less as time wasters and more as tutorials for all the side activities. I'm surprised that you're calling it buggy, though: for all the time I put into it, I don't recall encountering a single bug.

Caerith

I like it a lot, but I wish I could customize the the achievements shown. I have some Oddworld crap and ugly Saint's Row achievements that are super rare (DLC related).
Seconded. Mine is 5 from Saints Row and 1 from Sanctum. I'd rather it highlight my 100%s or the ones I really had to try for instead of the ones nobody else bothered to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom