• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's basically the main reason I have around 45-50 installed now. That and I have a 3 year old who likes Lego and racing games.

I love the Lego games. Come to think of it, I need to get around to resuming my playthrough of Lego Indy. (Release Lego PotC on Steam already, Disney. :()

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I love the Lego games. Come to think of it, I need to get around to resuming my playthrough of Lego Indy. (Release Lego PotC on Steam already, Disney. :()

I'm nearly caught up on the series. This summer I'm gonna grab Star Wars 3 and Batman 2.

Zia

Has there been an update on Company of Heroes Steamworks implementation, which was supposed to happen today?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I feel comfortable with Last Remnant now that I understand everything going on the screen. :lol It's good to know that the PC version had balance tweaks, as the way the 360 version seemingly punished you for leveling up the Battle Rank (which also increased much faster). I don't grind so that probably wouldn't affect me a lot, but still.

Despite my worries, the game hasn't been remotely difficult so far. I'm just past the
Fiery Idol boss in Blackdale
. That's early on, so I wonder if there's a Matador-style trial by fire boss at some point in the near future.

Going to be taking this one real slow and playing other games on the side. No way I'll devote my exclusive attention to a 60+ hour game ever again as that's just a way to get myself burned on it. I'll continue just doing a couple quests and/or beating one main dungeon when I feel like it and call it a day, with no focus whatsoever on beating it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Has there been an update on Company of Heroes Steamworks implementation, which was supposed to happen today?

No word yet that I can find. Hopefully they make a big deal about it on the main page and make it a daily to make the community aware.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
What games does your three year old like? I've been trying to find some for mine

Believe it or not I've been mining used game departments for PS2 games with co op or that are kid centric. Some deal with counting and letters so he gets to have fun and learn.

For the record, my kids have tons of Lego's so that is the main love which seeps over to loving the games. Kids should play with real Lego's of course.

On Steam, we play Sonic Racing Transformed, Blur, Dirt 2/3, Sonic Generations, all the Lego games, and some simple indie games. I don't put shooters in his face, needless to say :

EDIT - There's a bunch of good co op games on PS2 which I've picked up and have been playing on PCSX2. Ratchet Deadlocked is a good romp. I think Ratchet All 4 One on PS3 may have split screen but I haven't tried that.

He just loves to play platformers. I recently bought Cookie and Cream on PS2 and we enjoyed that even though he can't learn the games as fast as me (I'm boss dad :p).

I delete games when I lack the space to install something, save for the ones I actually intend to (re)play at some point. I decided to simply work my way from Z to # and, with 328 of 1323 games installed, am currently just a few games away from R:

steamtiqzb.jpg
If there is an afterlife, there still wouldn't be enough time to play all those games.

I keep 9 games installed because my grid view is pretty and I don't want to see the scroll bar on the side. Any more than 9 games and I just start a new account.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Finished Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet which was one of the three games that didn't work before formatting (possibly due to some video codec issue). It was a neat but outside of the art fairly unmemorable game. Controls were a bit too loose for my tastes and the level-design wasn't as interesting as its other Metroidvania peers. Still, ~4h for 1$ was pretty good.

Beat and delete.

morningbus

Finished Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet which was one of the three games that didn't work before formatting (possibly due to some video codec issue).

When in doubt blame GFWL.

Fucking GFWL made my dick microsoft.

When in doubt blame GFWL.

Fucking GFWL made my dick microsoft.

Penny Arcade 3 and Hell Yeah! were the other two, which led me to google the issue and come to the conclusion that every single one of them crashed due to a video file. I have no idea what it was but everything works now.

But yeah, GFWL was a pita at the beginning of every session, took ages to login. As terrible as it's always been.

Enco

True that! I have about 130+ games or such but only 8 installed.

I only play DOTA though. lol.
Dota has ruined every other game.

I went from thinking it was a joke to giving it a shot and now it has taken over everything else. So frustrating yet fun.

morningbus

Oh I see. It just reminded me of a thread I saw on the OT side recently. Poor guy, that's gotta suck.

Oh man. I don't want to even know.

It is amazing how life finds a way though, you can effectively get the job done with less than 2 inches.

Also Hell Yeah! gotta be one of the most tedious and boring games ever. If Yuji Naka knew, he'd kill himself so he could spin dash in his grave.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
And deal with missing/wrong pieces or being limited to only those pieces you physically own or the physical space you're stuck in? /devil's advocate

That's horrible logic compared to the games. If this was Lego CAD software in discussion, sure.

Finished Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet which was one of the three games that didn't work before formatting (possibly due to some video codec issue). It was a neat but outside of the art fairly unmemorable game. Controls were a bit too loose for my tastes and the level-design wasn't as interesting as its other Metroidvania peers. Still, ~4h for 1$ was pretty good.

Beat and delete.
Did achievements fail to unlock for you? I thought I had missed clearing a zone and it turned out that my friend and I both had broken achievements that should have unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom