• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsen

what are you playing for this months challenge?

I'm thinking of playing a sports game, maybe Football Manager or something similarly impenetrable to my sports-deficient brain. Maybe that would be super boring though if you don't know any of the names? Other than that... an MMO maybe? A city builder, Harvest Moon or The Sims 3 maybe, seeing as they're my gf's favorite types of games but I've basically never tried any. Problem is I don't own many of these types of games, but I'll find one in my Steam libary somewhere :)

Jzero

If i buy Poker Night 2 it's going to be the first time i buy a game for free items
LLShC.gif

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Cubemen 2: released with a 50% discount
It looks like Cubemen, with textures, additional colours and character skins. There is a Minecraft taste in the visuals.
Cubemen was quality. It looks like a standard TD but it's actually a real time tactical strategy game. Great post release support too. Not sure how it did on Steam but I think it sold a ton on iOS.

HoosTrax

O. M. G. A Handsome Jack mask for the Spy.

So if I preorder that, I see that I get a copy of the first game as well -- do I also get the TF2 items that Poker Night 1 gives you?

This is one of the strangest crossovers I've ever seen.

Edit: nvm, it looks like the items are in-game unlockable, not automatically dumped into your inventory when you buy the game

Mmmm, for $5 I can get the Cubemen 2 pack... Tempting, very tempting! (I get 50% for owning the previous game!)

Truth to be told I never played the original but planned to.

So word is that it's nice? Guess it's time to install it!

Miyahon

Has anyone bought from Gamestop Impulse store?

I got Left 4 Dead and I thought it would email me a code to redeem on Steam but I don't see it in their email they sent after I purchased it. All it says is to have Steam, which I have, and use the code provided but they didn't send any codes.

I got Left 4 Dead and I thought it would email me a code to redeem on Steam but I don't see it in their email they sent after I purchased it. All it says is to have Steam, which I have, and use the code provided but they didn't send any codes.

You need to download their client and login most likely. That's how I got my Magicka key.

Never ever again.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
O. M. G. A Handsome Jack mask for the Spy.

So if I preorder that, I see that I get a copy of the first game as well -- do I also get the TF2 items that Poker Night 1 gives you?

This is one of the strangest crossovers I've ever seen.

Edit: nvm, it looks like the items are in-game unlockable, not automatically dumped into your inventory when you buy the game
I think the first game did it the same way with unlocking.

Send them a support email, last time that happened with me there, they were extremely fast to just email you the key.

Tell them in the email directly you don't want to download their client, and to please send the steam key.

Far faster than Steam support: 4 business days and still haven't refunded my triple-charge yet.

Miyahon

Send them a support email, last time that happened with me there, they were extremely fast to just email you the key.

Tell them in the email directly you don't want to download their client, and to please send the steam key.

Far faster than Steam support: 4 business days and still haven't refunded my triple-charge yet.

Alright I just did that. Thanks.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Poker Night at the Inventory was pretty good.

It helps a lot that the game is 5 bucks (even less where I live).

Oh well. Bought.

ArjanN

Nothing yet on the CoH Steamworks overhaul?

It and the expansions got updated in the registry today:

Company of Heroes (New Steam Version) - Opposing Fronts
Company of Heroes (New Steam Version) - Tales of Valor
Company of Heroes (New Steam Version) - Core Game

kennah

Believe it or not I've been mining used game departments for PS2 games with co op or that are kid centric. Some deal with counting and letters so he gets to have fun and learn.

For the record, my kids have tons of Lego's so that is the main love which seeps over to loving the games. Kids should play with real Lego's of course.

On Steam, we play Sonic Racing Transformed, Blur, Dirt 2/3, Sonic Generations, all the Lego games, and some simple indie games. I don't put shooters in his face, needless to say :

EDIT - There's a bunch of good co op games on PS2 which I've picked up and have been playing on PCSX2. Ratchet Deadlocked is a good romp. I think Ratchet All 4 One on PS3 may have split screen but I haven't tried that.

He just loves to play platformers. I recently bought Cookie and Cream on PS2 and we enjoyed that even though he can't learn the games as fast as me (I'm boss dad :p).

Thanks for the info :)

FYC

Banned
What? RO2 got a ton of great updates. The game is great now. At this point the only problem with it is of you don't like the way the game is supposed to play, with bullets that arc instead of hitscan, and one shot kills depending on where you're shot.

Seconded, Red Orchestra 2 is awesome.

Gvaz

Banned
What? RO2 got a ton of great updates. The game is great now. At this point the only problem with it is of you don't like the way the game is supposed to play, with bullets that arc instead of hitscan, and one shot kills depending on where you're shot.

That's not the general impression I get from the internet.

FloatOn

Guys, Defiance is Red Faction Guerilla the MMO but without the awesome destruction.

Probably the dumbest thing I've ever played but I can't stop.

help...

Yup. I paid Poker Night 2 with market money today. And it comes with TF2 items to sell! It's the circle of life Elton! :D

Same, except I bought a TF2 key and a TF2 Name Tag for £2.10 and traded it with a Ukrainian guy for Poker Night 2. Instead of £4 the game was £2.10, all of which was made from marketplace money! Yay!

Mr. Orange i'll gift you the first 10 games on your wishlist if you PM in the next minutes.

Offer expires quick act now!

Edit: Waited you for a couple of hours man, what's up with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom