• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
There is a nice promo @ muve.pl:

Borderlands 2 - 27.20 PLN (~$8.60)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 30.60 PLN (~$9.65)
Spec Ops: The Line - 13.60 PLN (~$4.30)

http://sklep.muve.pl/wiosnobranie

muve.pl is a legit Polish store.

It has all the DLC that's not part of the Season Pass on sale as well:

Borderlands 2 (27.20 PLN)
Creature Slaughterdome (5.78 PLN)
Collector's Edition Pack (5.78 PLN)
Mechromancer Pack (14.28 PLN) - Region Locked

38.76 PLN aka 12.24 USD for the Region Unlocked Borderlands 2 Content.

I'm wondering if I should just get this or wait for the inevitable GOTY Version... Since this doesn't have all the DLC content, I think I'll pass.

Either way, I'll try to buy the XCOM DLC packs. However, the website is slow as fuuuck.

Grief.exe

^^ lol at the Jase invasion.

GLaDOS is a dealer now? Guess Aperture wasn't making her enough money.

Bite your tongue! Clearly she's doing it for science.

I just noticed this really great 2d dogfighting game called Altitude is on sale for 2.50

If you are in the mood for a competitive side scrolling shmup this is the way to go.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41300/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_1

I'll check this out but as soon as you said competitive shmup I thought of this gem.

380358-twinkle-star-sprites-neo-geo-screenshot-i-won-s.png

The fact Twinkle Star Sprites hasn't been rebooted/revisited is a god damn crime. SNK refuses to give me a reason to pack up my Neo Geo.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What's the diff between Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles and EU3 Complete?

Also I can't seem to get its registration code working.

Well, after beating the great Spec Ops and being puzzled by the cryptic Home, I picked up another game out of my backlog: Divinity 2, thanks to the recommendation of a friend.

This is my second try at the game. I had stopped trying to make it work because it had a very jarring stutter that I had no way to fix. Eventually I found some advice that kind of worked (it's not nearly as jarring now, though still present).

I am not used to this kind of game anymore so it'll take a while. Little to no handholding, no bright cursors to show the dumb adventurer where to go next. I'm glad I got it working.

FloatOn

Bite your tongue! Clearly she's doing it for science.

I'll check this out but as soon as you said competitive shmup I thought of this gem.

380358-twinkle-star-sprites-neo-geo-screenshot-i-won-s.png

The fact Twinkle Star Sprites hasn't been rebooted/revisited is a god damn crime. SNK refuses to give me a reason to pack up my Neo Geo.

I should have said deathmatch shmup. But yes, do play Altitude and let everyone know what you think. I wonder if this dev will put out a sequel or new game any time soon?

edit: looks like they have some castle defense game on steam called bumbledore. laaaaaaaaaaaame.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath question: I just finished the segment after the taking the barge (got the 20k achievement by a hair), how much game time to do I have left?

kazabi

I just noticed this really great 2d dogfighting game called Altitude is on sale for 2.50

If you are in the mood for a competitive side scrolling shmup this is the way to go.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41300/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_1

Steam says I have played it 740 hours, so I recommend picking it up for this low price. It's just sad that the community is really small and it seems to keep on shrinking. I rarely play it nowadays, but it's still fun to play once in a while.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath question: I just finished the segment after the taking the barge (got the 20k achievement by a hair), how much game time to do I have left?

In addition to capturing enemies alive and avoiding any store purchases, I've been beating up as many villagers as possible out of fear I'll reach that point with ~19,900 moolah.

I should have said deathmatch shmup. But yes, do play Altitude and let everyone know what you think. I wonder if this dev will put out a sequel or new game any time soon?

edit: looks like they have some castle defense game on steam called bumbledore. laaaaaaaaaaaame.

After having played the demo I would say Competitive Time Pilot would best sum up the feel of the game.

It's only $2.50 so I'll probably take the dive but it does feel a little paper-thin to me. I worry online games would quickly devolve into endless looping around one another or mindless chasing like a 6 year-old's soccer match.

That said, the class-based variety of the ships seems to mix things up a little bit and I'm a sucker for 1942-esque ship design. I wish the aesthetic was a little less Flash and a little more 16-bit or modern but that's just personal preference. Gamepad support is good.

To anyone who's played more of it, is there any redeeming strategy/tactics to the gameplay or just a mindless distraction? (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
In addition to capturing enemies alive and avoiding any store purchases, I've been beating up as many villagers as possible out of fear I'll reach that point with ~19,900 moolah.

One of the final bosses (McBoomBoom) before the barge has a seemingly unlimited stream of 25-30$ capture enemies that are super easy to kite to a safe area for farming. I needed roughly 2k so I just farmed 1k and managed to capture him for 1k.

"Europa Universalis III Complete includes the original Europa Universalis III as well as the expansions In Nomine and Napoleons Ambition"

Chronicles includes Complete + Divine Wind + Heir to the Throne

JaseC

One of the final bosses (McBoomBoom) before the barge has a seemingly unlimited stream of 25-30$ capture enemies that are super easy to kite to a safe area for farming. I needed roughly 2k so I just farmed 1k and managed to capture him for 1k.

Ah, nice. Cheers.

Walking Feels 60% off
Scribblenauts 66% off
Mirror's Edge 75% off (daily)

The Steam Store page lists "online activation" for Mirror's Edge online play... is this just an EA account login or is Origin required?

It got a sequel! We just... never got it. :|

Jesus H how did I not know about this?! That said, Japanese PS2 only and online play via a matchmaking service pretty much kills any enthusiasm. This game would be a perfect fit for any of the downloadable services that are popular at this point. As niche as it is, you can't tell me all the KoF rehashes are selling exponentially better than a quick port of this would.

Also, WindJammers....

JaseC

You're not trying to activate the key on Steam, are you? It's not Steam-redeemable; it's for use with the version you download via the GameFly client.

kami_sama

The Steam Store page lists "online activation" for Mirror's Edge online play... is this just an EA account login or is Origin required?

Jesus H how did I not know about this?! That said, Japanese PS2 only and online play via a matchmaking service pretty much kills any enthusiasm. This game would be a perfect fit for any of the downloadable services that are popular at this point. As niche as it is, you can't tell me all the KoF rehashes are selling exponentially better than a quick port of this would.

Also, WindJammers....
You only need a EA account, no origin.

Grief.exe

great game. thoughts?

I fully intend to do a new game + at some point.

Great game, great ending. The last level made you rethink your play style and question the whole game.

Probably one of the best stealth games in years, I just played Splinter Cell: CT in January and this one measures up.

Great game, great ending. The last level made you rethink your play style and question the whole game.

Probably one of the best stealth games in years, I just played Splinter Cell: CT in January and this one measures up.

Just finished it last night myself as well. Fantastic ending that, as you said, really makes you revisit all your actions leading to that point.

Eager to go back and play through new game plus just to see if the experience is any different knowing what I know now.

I was already on board with these guys after Shank 2 but MotN is a game that everyone should play.

HoosTrax

Shank 2 is better mechanically than Shank 1, but it's still kind of a boring button mashing brawler of a game. MoTN and Don't Starve are pretty great gameplay-wise though.

Nillansan

Shank 2 is better mechanically than Shank 1, but it's still kind of a boring button mashing brawler of a game. MoTN and Don't Starve are pretty great gameplay-wise though.

I didn't particularly enjoy the campaign, but I had so much fun playing the Survival mode locally with my wife. Also, I thought the controls were perfect - huge improvement from the first one.

Picked up that deal for Atom Zombie Smasher and gave away Thirty Flights. Going to give Flotilla to someone who liked FTL on my friends list, it seems to be under appreciated.. that leaves Air Forte I suppose any suggestions of who might enjoy it?

Joe Molotov

Picked up that deal for Atom Zombie Smasher and gave away Thirty Flights. Going to give Flotilla to someone who liked FTL on my friends list, it seems to be under appreciated.. that leaves Air Forte I suppose any suggestions of who might enjoy it?

Send it to me, I'll toss it on the pile. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom