• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Titan Quest Steam key. It will go to the first person, who send me PM.

Edit: Darth Kupi was the fastest one and he received the key.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Don't Starve is getting updated with OS X/Linux support sometime today. It's already showing up in my Mac list, but starting the download doesn't do anything.

ds_updateposter_theenr6sje.jpg

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?15153-April-9th-Update-The-End-is-Nigh!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm not a fan of Tower Deference games but really dug this. It can be a bit frustrating due to been a tinsy weeny bit hard at times and at other flipping impossible but it's one of those 'Just one more go' type of games. TotalBiscuit did a WTF on it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_-KMh2z7o) which might give you a better idea.

I think the game is worth it, the game also has a few "Modifiers" that allow you to make the game harder/easier.
I found the game to be a bit too hard to difficult the first time around without any Modifiers, especially since the weapons you get (like snipers and bombs) are random so there's a good deal of luck involved which I didn't found ideal when you're still learning the game, so I'd recommend starting with "Choosers" (allowing you to choose what weapons you get) and maybe "party wagon" the first couple times around.

The game is pretty unique and definitively worth giving a try for $1.
OK, I'll get it. Don't know if or when I will play it, but I'll get it.

EDIT: 30 Flights of Loving is more expensive than on Steam. It's a shame, I want to try that one, but I don't want to pay 4 bucks for a 15 minutes game.

When is the Kingdom Rush refresh that was Greenlit coming out?

Me wants.

Added Flotilla to my wish list. How different is it from Sins and/or Homeworld2?

dot

Preorders for Resident Evil Revelations is up.

It has the same reward system going on like with RE6. Artbook/Soundtrack for tier 1, Lost Planet game for tier 2, and Season Pass for tier 3.

oh gawd i'm gonna buy this full price again aren't i

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Xelios bought 30 games today, Salsa bought 10, Nirolak bought 12--is there some crazy sale going on that I'm missing out on or are you guys just going on a rampage?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone played the Duke 3D re-release and have an opinion on quality? (comparative to other opengl releases).
With the new patch, mouse aiming doesn't feel bad anymore. And if you don't care about screen tearing (fuck screen tearing!) you can disable v-sync and make it even better.

I don't know how I would compare it to the other OpenGL versions; I have played with the High Resolution pack a long time ago, but don't remember nothing about it, only that it didn't look too nice.

HoosTrax

Anyone know what the lowdown regarding "Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)" is? Does that include the two expansions? Can I delete the three older versions from my library?

Anyone know what the lowdown regarding "Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)" is? Does that include the two expansions? Can I delete the three older versions from my library?

That is probably the new Steamworks edition of the game. The multiplayer matchmaking API vanilla CoH used is getting shut down, so Relic is moving to Steamworks (and using the opportunity to merge the servers handling multiplayer of CoH1 with the servers they intend to use for CoH2 multiplayer).

Judging from the DLC of the new entry, yes it includes the expansions (if you have them already), so no more having to install multiple entries, and I guess that yes, it's time to delete the older versions.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
AFAIK, the server system they used for the original version is being shut down but instead of neutering that portion of the game they made a new version available that dumps the old system and uses Steamworks instead.

jediyoshi

Preorders for Resident Evil Revelations is up.

It has the same reward system going on like with RE6. Artbook/Soundtrack for tier 1, Lost Planet game for tier 2, and Season Pass for tier 3.

oh gawd i'm gonna buy this full price again aren't i
finally. moar hd jill
gonna be weird to go back to classic 3rd person re controls after playing so much re6

dat character design

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Resident Evil: Revelations pre-order is up

Pre-order bonuses include Artbook & Soundtrack (lame), Lost Planet (nice) and Season Pass (nice).

I'm debating...

Grief.exe

Tier 2 of RE:R is Lost Planet

Keep in mind that the game is actually steamworks at retail.

I bought one on Amazon for $2 about a year ago and was able to activate the copy.

EDIT: Whoa, you can control Don't Starve with WASD.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Xelios bought 30 games today, Salsa bought 10, Nirolak bought 12--is there some crazy sale going on that I'm missing out on or are you guys just going on a rampage?

I wish! Just Steam being Steam. I sometimes find myself looking through a week old feed and it takes me a while to realize it; don't feel bad.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Capcom could have at least made #2 the LP: Colonies Edition

Oh, that's a bummer. I didn't even notice it.

And probably there isn't a upgrade path from Regular to Colonies, is there? I can't check as I don't have the game.

I really wanted to support Capcom on this one too!

Sparse

Oh, that's a bummer. I didn't even notice it.

And probably there isn't a upgrade path from Regular to Colonies, is there? I can't check as I don't have the game.

I really wanted to support Capcom on this one too!

Just had a look and nope. It's one or the other.

Also, it appears that regular multi and Colonies multi is split so it's not possible to play with one another.

ShaneB

yeah, delete the other CoH entries and get the new Steam Version. The 2 expansions are properly listed as DLC when you finish downloading.

Salsa

!!

duhh

I feel so stupid now.

weird that it does that though, I didnt know that it was like, different from other people

for example when I look at my feed it shows AOE2 HD as my latest purchase and then a bunch of separate ones, with a couple put together cause they were bought one day apart or whatever, but definetly not 10 at once

weird

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It just dawned upon me:

Today is Bombcast day.

And it coincides that it's also Don't Starve Day.

I love when those days are the same day.

Grief.exe

Raid mode sounds like fun, but $50 is too much for RE:R.

Will wait until it is $10-$15, then we will pick it up.

Klei should really add some achievements to Don't Starve, would give it a little longevity and something to do in the end game.

HoosTrax

See, I don't agree with that at all. Done properly, achievements can encourage you to break out of your comfort zone, and try new approaches and explore things you otherwise might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom