• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
a season pass? for what? mercenaries stuff?
Hell if I know. The store page says it's the third pre-purchase reward.

"Resident Evil: Revelations Season Pass
Fight the fear with more weapons and more characters! Expand your RAID mode experience with the Resident Evil Revelations Season Pass which includes 4 pieces of additional content. *Content will be revealed and available shortly after the game’s release"

HoosTrax

I've gifted it probably 8 times before, and today I found two more people still had it on their wishlists, so it's been gifted to them too. I like to make sure everyone who wants to play it can. :p
I suppose it's a little late to mention that the reason I don't own the game and I don't have it on my wishlist is because I have an almost clinical fear of heights (I can barely stand to be on the second floor of a shopping mall without nearly going into a panic attack).

I remember someone telling me to buy the game and an Oculus to try the self-cure approach lol.

Lol I just found this out for myself. The game (Air Forte) is basically Number Munchers (an edutainment children's game) with a Blendo art style and weird storyline. Also, some of the geography lessons are questionable. Since when were the Bahamas considered part of North America? And Lebanon being considered part of Asia? That's kind of iffy.

On a side note, it seems like every Blendo game reuses the same music and voice clips.

Well, Lebanon is considered to be part of Western Asia. But Bahamas is supposed to be in the Caribbean.

Salsa

It's pretty mediocre and awkward. It's like Brutal Legend. You just watch slackjawed as they shove it into the last genre you wanted.

I dont know, at the moment I actually enjoyed the "twist". I think the other style of gameplay would have gotten old fast.

definetly not the same case as with Brutal Legend for me

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose it's a little late to mention that the reason I don't own the game and I don't have it on my wishlist is because I have an almost clinical fear of heights (I can barely stand to be on the second floor of a shopping mall without nearly going into a panic attack).

I remember someone telling me to buy the game and an Oculus to try the self-cure approach lol.
It's a shame, you don't have any idea of what you're missing. It's a fantastic game, and I hope that you're able to properly play and enjoy it one day.

If only the guns hadn't been there, it would have been perfect.

HoosTrax

It's a shame, you don't have any idea of what you're missing. It's a fantastic game, and I hope that you're able to properly play and enjoy it one day.

Yeah I already accepted the game into my library and I'm going to give it a good-faith effort, and try it out at least. It's almost certain to give me vertigo based on my experience with other games with big drops, but it's not necessarily a showstopper considering I was able to play Portal despite the issue.

Blizzard

Banned

The game yes, but don't try it with the Oculus or you might have a heart attack -and- throw up, lol.

I've played it different styles and all difficulties, but it is nice to play on normal or easy since you can go through the entire game without disarming or touching any non-boss enemies, aside from one single garage (where you're forced to disarm at least 3 for some reason).

This "New Steam Version" of Company of Heroes is pretty nice. Only one installation necessary to play all the expansions, the install is smaller, and the multiplayer is seamless now without any of the account management.

tumblr_mk6s3dzjLf1qbdynmo1_400.gif

Salsa

Both halves are awful TBH. I don't get why they didn't just make a platformer. The whole 3rd person perspective feels like they wanted to at one point.

I liked it because it was different, but it was a different era as well. I think the HD remake holds up really well, but I cant say that I was not biased having liked it so much back then

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I liked it because it was different, but it was a different era as well. I think the HD remake holds up really well, but I cant say that I was not biased having liked it so much back then

Yeah the port holds up great with the new models that mesh pretty well with the old level geometry, but I don't see what there is to like about the game.

Symphonic

This "New Steam Version" of Company of Heroes is pretty nice. Only one installation necessary to play all the expansions, the install is smaller, and the multiplayer is seamless now without any of the account management.

Does this automatically change? Last I checked the expansions were still in my library.

Does this automatically change? Last I checked the expansions were still in my library.
I didn't have COH installed before so I'm not sure how it works for existing installations, there was a new "Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)" entry in my games list that I could install as a complete solution. The original COH version and its expansions remain uninstalled.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I already accepted the game into my library and I'm going to give it a good-faith effort, and try it out at least. It's almost certain to give me vertigo based on my experience with other games with big drops, but it's not necessarily a showstopper considering I was able to play Portal despite the issue.
Haha, I see what you did there. Just don't look down :p

I've played it different styles and all difficulties, but it is nice to play on normal or easy since you can go through the entire game without disarming or touching any non-boss enemies, aside from one single garage (where you're forced to disarm at least 3 for some reason).
And a certain ladder on a rooftop, which I never found a way to climb without first knocking out the 2 or 3 guards there.
And the ending too, stupid server room with those annoying guys.

Grief.exe

I got a pretty legit spot in Don't Starve right now.

Set up my base right next to 6 ponds, so unlimited frogs and fish for food.

Got a nice 20 plant vineyard going.

And right next to a beefalo herd for food and manure.

oipic

I got a pretty legit spot in Don't Starve right now.

Set up my base right next to 6 ponds, so unlimited frogs and fish for food.

Got a nice 20 plant vineyard going.

And right next to a beefalo herd for food and manure.

Alright... bugger it, you win, Grief - I can resist the lure of Don't Starve no longer.

I'm several hours away from being able to do anything about it, but once I'm home from work, I'd love a buddy to split the two-pack thingy with, so please shout out or PM me if you've been similarly sucked in.

Grief.exe

Alright... bugger it, you win, Grief - I can resist the lure of Don't Starve no longer.

I'm several hours away from being able to do anything about it, but once I'm home from work, I'd love a buddy to split the two-pack thingy with, so please shout out or PM me if you've been similarly sucked in.

DO IT!!

Its fun, and refreshing to come back to once every couple weeks with the update.

I just need to find some mandrakes to get my health back up and I will be set. I was walking through too many swamps, not paying attention for tentacles.

Omikron

With the new patch, mouse aiming doesn't feel bad anymore. And if you don't care about screen tearing (fuck screen tearing!) you can disable v-sync and make it even better.

I don't know how I would compare it to the other OpenGL versions; I have played with the High Resolution pack a long time ago, but don't remember nothing about it, only that it didn't look too nice.

Cheers, tempted to check it out

Sajjaja

So guys, nothing important or significant, but I messaged Obsidian about whether or not their would be an Alpha Protocol 2. They said they'd love to do it but it was ultimately up to Sega D:

What say you all? Rally our banners for an Alpha Protocol 2? Come onnnn.

zkylon

zkylewd
So guys, nothing important or significant, but I messaged Obsidian about whether or not their would be an Alpha Protocol 2. They said they'd love to do it but it was ultimately up to Sega D:

fuck I read that all wrong.

I thought you'd been emailed by obsidian on whether you'd like an alpha protocol 2.

fuck.

Grief.exe

No one on my friends list has even beaten the original!

No one on my friends list has even beaten the original!
Time to get new friends.
Okay so I don't even have it on Steam at all but I did everything there was to do in the 360 version.

I'm okay with AP being a single entry, I like Obsidian dishing out something new for every project.

Blizzard

Banned
Haha, I see what you did there. Just don't look down :p

And a certain ladder on a rooftop, which I never found a way to climb without first knocking out the 2 or 3 guards there.
And the ending too, stupid server room with those annoying guys.
For the ladder, if it's the one I'm thinking of:
It may only be possible on easy/normal difficulty. If you're fast and jump onto the ladder, you have a chance of making it to the top before you're dead. I'm not sure if the route matters so there's a delay before you get shot.

For the ending:
On easy or normal, you can circle the whole room until the servers are dead, vault up on the middle platform using one of the speedboost steps just below it, and race upstairs right past the heavy machine gunner.

Before the ending, there was an area I got stuck in forever. I even got into making custom maps before I managed to get through it:
The big blue room with respawning guards. The second wave is even tougher, and I kept trying to kill them all. I think I finally succeeded in killing/disarming everyone, and finished the game. But after that, I found out or someone told me that you can just run along the right side of the level, and finish that room really easily without touching anyone.

Game Guru

The way I organize my Steam Games is by Genre, Company, or Franchise with three games needed for a single category. I also have a Game Archive category for the express purpose of eliminating Betas, Mac variants, and old spares from my sight. For example, the original versions of the Company of Heroes games have been moved to the Game Archive category with the New Steam Version of them as well as Dawn of War being moved to the Sega category from the Relic category I had created when Sega bought them in THQ's firesale. I'm not particularly big on organization, but it looks nice.

oipic

With Steam, just as in life, I am passive and disorganised - no categories, and a whole bunch of stuff still installed that needn't be. I just take it as it comes, detail view, and no skins etc - you guys are hardcore and I am often shamed by my relative lack of effort...

...until someone posts about once again losing their categories or some such thing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With Steam, just as in life, I am passive and disorganised - no categories, and a whole bunch of stuff still installed that needn't be. I just take it as it comes, detail view, and no skins etc - you guys are hardcore and I am often shamed by my relative lack of effort...

...until someone posts about once again losing their categories or some such thing.

I lost my aforementioned category recently, but it didn't faze me as I only had a few GOG games in it. Hell, I haven't even bothered to re-add the games since I barely touched them.

Dr Dogg

So can anyone explain why my game count has decreased from 400 to 399?

I've had f2p stuff drop off my account before knocking my count down. See this is the problem being a hoarder, you never know exactly what you own.
Sadly I do due to having a rather anal spreadsheet with every item in my 'library' priced and date. I need to get out more.

Edit: Just checking mine now I seam to have gone up one. More than likely due to now having 'Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)' added. I don't know if I'll celebrate or drown my sorrows when I break into the 1,000 club.

Deques

I've had f2p stuff drop off my account before knocking my count down. See this is the problem being a hoarder, you never know exactly what you own.
Sadly I do due to having a rather anal spreadsheet with every item in my 'library' priced and date. I need to get out more.

Edit: Just checking mine now I seam to have gone up one. More than likely due to now having 'Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)' added. I don't know if I'll celebrate or drown my sorrows when I break into the 1,000 club.

There was an RO2 Free Weekend recently.

That explains it. I thought I got scammed once again :D So I had to look through games I traded recently.

I also have a spreadsheet with all games purchased, but instead with price and date it's listed with indie bundles, dlcs, played, beated and 100% completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom