• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how to get 4:3 aspect ratio in Mirrors Edge? I only have 1/3 of the screen left to play. Tried the FOV fix but that doesnt help. Crashes all the time.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The original Half-Life has also been ported to Linux and Mac, unlike the Source version. So it kind of shows you how Valve feels about the whole thing, too.

chunk3rvd

Wanted to jump on Mirrors Edge before the deal ends but I'm stuck in work. Thought I would try buying through the app for the first time but I've noticed that despite being in the UK, it lists all the prices in euros. If I pay through the app, will I pay the euro price? Would be handy if so as it's €2.49 in the app and £3.25 on the actual UK store

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wanted to jump on Mirrors Edge before the deal ends but I'm stuck in work. Thought I would try buying through the app for the first time but I've noticed that despite being in the UK, it lists all the prices in euros. If I pay through the app, will I pay the euro price? Would be handy if so as it's €2.49 in the app and £3.25 on the actual UK store

The price they charge is the one they show at checkout.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You'll get an error at checkout and the store will revert back to the default region as defined by your billing information (prices will change accordingly).

Grief.exe

Winter in Don't Starve is tough.

Not only are there tougher monsters around but you have to deal with the constant cold and lack of food.

I'm struggling because my world doesn't seem to have any rocks on it, I've only found 3 or 4 this whole playthrough.

Zia

I have a thousand things to do today, and have instead decided that I'm going to sit in my oven of an apartment (nearly 90 in here, very little airflow, kill me) and play an MMO. What's the best F2P MMO?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Why do people like Psychonauts so much? I'm a couple of hours in and I'm not really feeling it.

People generally like the writing and characters. The actual game is pretty boring.

I have a thousand things to do today, and have instead decided that I'm going to sit in my oven of an apartment (nearly 90 in here, very little airflow, kill me) and play an MMO. What's the best F2P MMO?

Lord of the Rings Online is pretty good if you're looking for a WoW ripoff.

Miker

Why do people like Psychonauts so much? I'm a couple of hours in and I'm not really feeling it.

Do you like point and clicks? I think of Psychonauts as a point and click in a 3D platformer's body. If you don't like using random inventory items (powers in psychonauts) on objects just to see what happens, then it might not really get much better for you. If you're the type of person who loved Monkey Island, you'll grow to love it.

Grief.exe

Psychonauts really doesn't pick up until you acquire some good powers and some of the later levels are amazing.

Early on, I can see why people don't like it as much.

Just lost in Don't Starve, my insanity got to me. I was just about to make a tent too.

Winter is tough.

JaseC

Eador: Masters of the Broken World is mine. I had to get in on the pre-purchase reward of Eador: Genesis since it appearing on its own as a later date isn't certain.

Grief.exe

Looks like Revelations is going to have the same issue as RE6.

I just added it to my wishlist and its called Resident Evil Revelations/Biohazard Revelations UE

KingKong

Psychonauts has some nice sections but I think it would have been a lot better if it was more of a platformer

Also having the player grind to unlock items to progress was a bizarre decision

e: the Milkman level is as great as people say though

JaseC

Looks like Revelations is going to have the same issue as RE6.

I just added it to my wishlist and its called Resident Evil Revelations/Biohazard Revelations UE

Capcom, here's a novel idea: Make a JP-specific sub and change the game title to Biohazard Revelations, leaving the rest of the world with Resident Evil Revelations.

On a related note, it was weeks before Bethesda changed the title of the RHCP version of Dishonored from "Dishonored RHCP" to just "Dishonored".

morningbus

I hope one day they go for the gold and make a game called Resident Evil: Biohazard/Biohazard: Resident Evil.

xJavonta

Banned
Psychonauts only gets better. Keep playing, it'll pay off

I don't know either, it's a pretty boring game. I always seem to get to around the same spot in the camp early on and can't force myself to keep going.
And if you like games don't listen to Derrick lol

morningbus

I still don't know why they needed to go with both titles. Only weeabos call it Biohazard in the West.

Yeah, once the series got popular, they should have just forced a name change in Japan.

However, considering the series' reputation at the moment, Biohazard is a pretty apt name.

Grief.exe

I just emailed Rocksteady about the Steam Achievements.

I asked when they would go live and if they had plans to remove the DRM from both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

Aliens: CM patch went live.

A small update for Aliens: Colonial Marines PC should begin rolling out soon on Steam, adding a toggle for the film grain filter and increased security to address cheats and exploits.

The team is continuing to work on updates for all platforms, including the hot fix support mentioned at PAX -- details will come as they're finalized.

Source: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=267628

FloatOn

Tempting
dinosaurs yay!
but seeing it is not even listed on the Steam stats page must mean the community is pretty low

I've played it a couple of hours. It's a pretty fun distraction. Not the best by any means but pretty funny stomping people as a T Rex

Grief.exe

I am waiting for the good answers :)

Let's hope.

I emailed the Guacamelee developers over at Drinkbox yesterday asking if the game would receive a PC port and got a reply back within minutes.

I thought might as well try again with another pressing question.

I personally still don't own Arkham City because of my new policy, no DRM on top of Steam.

Nah, The Milkman Conspiracy, Waterloo-O and Black Velvetopia are amazing.

These are my favorites as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom