• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what?

ZoUuyyZ.png

and I agree about RBS being awful

Tomodachi

and I agree about RBS being awful
Yeah the Steam version is really bad, however I enjoyed it on Vita/PS3. It has more variety, looks way better, runs better etc. I liked the randomic take on a sidescroller shooter, makes thing interesting since the start instead of having to play through the same sections everytime you die. But it's nothing special, I only played it because it was free for PS+ members and I had a trial for a few months.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Really Big Sky is an awful twin stick shooter but I just got a Dinosaur card so now I'm torn.
Yup, I didn't like it nor understand much of what was going on. I'm also not a fan of the engine it was made on, and would actually say it's pretty shitty.

Garteal

Haven't played any of the Dungeon Siege games. I know they're cheap but still, which ones are recommended?
I played 1 back at the time and it was amazing. Online made it more fun since you could co-op with others or just PvP. Unfortunately the Zonematch servers have been down since years. Even then I recently went through the game with my bro's and really enjoyed it.
I really recommend 1. It's probably my favorite RPG on the PC.
If you have friends that have the game then meet up and play a LAN game using something like Hamachi.

As for 2, while it's very different from 1 it still (somewhat) follows the vision of 1. I haven't beaten it yet, but from what I've played I would also recommend this.

Now, Dungeon Siege 3... A massive disappointment compared to the first two games. It shouldn't have been a Dungeon Siege title.
I've tried the demo's and didn't like what they did to the game, so no, I can't recommend this game.

Acorn

I've never really played a mmo before (not my cup of tea) but I'm tempted to try out eve due to the stories I've read.

Would I get eaten alive?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Any impressions on Monster Loves You? I had it on my wishlist since it popped on Steam.
I am surprised at Monster Loves You. It wasn't a particularly good game. It has about twelve endings, but I only felt the need to play through the game once, and it took less than an hour.
Maybe Baron will come back and provide a little more detail, but this is literally the only impression of it I've read on GAF. Not encouraging. :/

cicero

Which games are actually dropping cards right now?

CS:GO
Don't Starve
Dota 2
Half-Life 2
Portal 2
Team Fortress 2
Borderlands 2
Monster Loves You!
Really Big Sky
Faerie Solitaire
BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards#announcements/detail/1838872741120909586

We've been working on the tools for developers to add Trading Cards for their game, and have been getting a great response. We're hoping to release new sets of Trading Cards twice a week, every Tuesday and Thursday.

Man, what the fuck? Haven't been able to start up Steam reliably in close to a week now. Try to login and it says the Steam network is unavailable instantly. Deleted clientregistryblob then Steam itself and reinstalled, its still doing the same thing.

Is there anything I'm missing? I just bought a game too

atomsk

Party Pooper
Are the runner 2 cards selling quickly? The seem really expensive now so you'd probably get game for next to free.

The prices have dropped since last night, I made 10 bucks on 2 cards, still got 2.

Between that and the fact I sold those TF2 preorder sneakers for 8 bucks back when the game came out, it has more than paid for itself

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
PayPal's currency conversion rates are such crap:

PayPal: 1 AUD = 0.92 USD
Google: 1 AUD = 0.96 USD
XE.com: 1 AUD = 0.957 USD

Man, what the fuck? Haven't been able to start up Steam reliably in close to a week now. Try to login and it says the Steam network is unavailable instantly. Deleted clientregistryblob then Steam itself and reinstalled, its still doing the same thing.

You didn't use the cfg trick to force Offline Mode, did you?

You didn't use the cfg trick to force Offline Mode, did you?

Nope. I've been trying to get online so I can finally download Blood Dragon which I bought a few days ago. Steam crashed as it was starting installation and hasn't been back since. Website works fine though

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
fuck this trading card business

i have to stop before i get addicted

I love them. It's free dosh. Just open the game, come back, and sell them.

Market so far has been a great idea. And the fact they introduced it for cheevos. They just one up the competition >_<

JaseC

Nope. I've been trying to get online so I can finally download Blood Dragon which I bought a few days ago. Steam crashed as it was starting installation and hasn't been back since. Website works fine though

Try installing Steam to a different drive, or uninstall and reinstall your network adapter. These are both stab-in-the-dark solutions. :p

1-D_FTW

Are the runner 2 cards selling quickly? The seem really expensive now so you'd probably get game for next to free.

Are you looking at the market or going by this thread? Because they're all starting at between 1 - 2 dollars. So unless you get a bunch of cards, you'd still be better off waiting till the summer sale.

Probably not the right place for it but any other card addicts want to go in on a 4-pack for Solitaire?

I'm not willing to go that far, but I did dig through my e-mail yesterday so I could go back and get the Awesomenauts code from HB8. Suddenly having a large library of games you don't want has appeal.

JaseC

Quote if you'd like one of the following:

- Dear Esther

Before posting, click "Preview Post" as this will also refresh the thread and you can see if somebody has beaten you to the punch.

- Dear Esther
- Capsized
- Thomas Was Alone
- Little Inferno
- Awesomenauts (sans Cluck Costume)
- Hotline Miami
- Proteus
- Tiny and Big in Granpda's Leftovers
- English Country Tune
- Intrusion 2
- Oil Rush

Before posting, click "Preview Post" as this will also refresh the thread and you can see if somebody has beaten you to the punch.
I d love Proteus, thanks :)

Are you looking at the market or going by this thread? Because they're all starting at between 1 - 2 dollars. So unless you get a bunch of cards, you'd still be better off waiting till the summer sale.

I was just eyeballing the marketplace but yeah, the summer sale is probably better.

Volcynika

- Dear Esther
- Capsized
- Thomas Was Alone
- Little Inferno
- Hotline Miami
- English Country Tune
- Intrusion 2
- Oil Rush

Can I have Little Inferno? Must burn things!

Deques

- Dear Esther
- Capsized
- Thomas Was Alone
- Little Inferno
- Hotline Miami
- English Country Tune
- Intrusion 2
- Oil Rush

I want everything!!!

Joke, I want nothing ^^ Kudos to you

sheaaaa

- Dear Esther
- Capsized
- Thomas Was Alone
- Little Inferno
- Hotline Miami
- English Country Tune
- Intrusion 2
- Oil Rush

English Country Tune please?

1-D_FTW

Steam just issues an update who's sole/primary purpose was to fix a possible UI hangup at start-up. Maybe this'll fix your problem.

Milamber

- Proteus

Proteus please.

EDIT: Awww! I should hit refresh more often.

dk_

- Dear Esther
- Capsized
- Thomas Was Alone
- Hotline Miami
- Intrusion 2
- Oil Rush

Intrusion 2 please?

- Dear Esther
- Capsized
- Thomas Was Alone
- Hotline Miami
- Oil Rush

Id like Tiny and Big in Granpda's Leftovers please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom