• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

Did they fix the control issues some people were having from the demo?

On controller or mouse? Controller is better, but not perfect. The deadzone is still a bit much, but it's more than playable. The mouse control is actually pretty great, although the camera is more sensitive than aiming. I think the demo has been patched alongside the full game, so try out the demo to see how the new controls work for you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd say the two XBLA titles I'd most like to see on the PC are Shadow Complex and ilomilo.

Edit: :eek: ilomilo is on the Win8 Store.

Badges allow you to level up, which itself allows for small bonuses like larger inventories and friends lists and greater profile customization. They also provide emotes, profile backgrounds, and sometimes coupons when crafted.

That said, I think selling them would be wiser. After all, I'm dumb enough to craft them.

Grief.exe

I'd say the two XBLA titles I'd most like to see on the PC are Shadow Complex and ilomilo.

Edit: :eek: ilomilo is on the Win8 Store.

• Perfect Dark/Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie (Don't really expect Rare games on Steam)
  • Symphony of the Night (The XBLA port is supposedly horrible)
  • Shadow Complex
  • Rez (Though its not like we don't already have a glut of these type of games)
  • Outland
  • Journey

Looking at the list, we have the vast majority of great XBLA games available on Steam. We can be pretty happy with what we got.

...of course we always want what we can't have.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
  • Perfect Dark/Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie (Don't really expect Rare games on Steam)
  • Shadow Complex
  • Outland
  • Journey

Looking at the list, we have the vast majority of great XBLA games available on Steam. We can be pretty happy with what we got.

If it's horrible (I don't think it is, I payed it to completion and it works), why would we want it on PC?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
  • Shadow Complex
  • Outland
  • Journey

A while back I made a list of 360 exclusive games that I really enjoyed here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42194928&postcount=215

(it includes XBLA stuff as well). A few of the games in question have since been ported somewhere else, but most of them are still true.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Holy shit Magicka is on sale? Cross that white whale off your lists, everyone.

Indeed.

IWNgBRd.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Raiden Fighters Aces is on GOG. It has Raiden as well.

Yes, as I mentioned, I made that post a long time ago and a few things have been ported since then. Deadly Premonition, Joe Danger announced for a port, World of Keflings, ilomilo, etc.

Grief.exe

If it's horrible (I don't think it is, I payed it to completion and it works), why would we want it on PC?

I was just referring to how I would rather have a completely separate port, not the XBLA version.

The XBLA version had slowdown, glitches, compressed music. Probably all of these issues can be attributed to Microsoft's old file size restriction for XBLA.

A while back I made a list of 360 exclusive games that I really enjoyed here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42194928&postcount=215

(it includes XBLA stuff as well). A few of the games in question have since been ported somewhere else, but most of them are still true.

Stump

If/When Halo Trilogy gets announced for PC we are having a party. I have been itching to play some Halo and a solid port of Halo 3 on Steam would seriously scratch that itch for a very long time.

I would also like to see ODST come along as well, the firefight modes and interesting take on single player would be nice to playthrough once more.

That's PSN only.

facepalm.gif

JaseC

Well the dev did mention considering releasing their titles on PC.

Journey, Flower and the PS3 port of Flow were all funded by Sony as parts of a three-game deal, so I doubt they're going anywhere else.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Journey, Flower and the PS3 port of Flow were all funded by Sony as part of a three-game deal, so I doubt they're going anywhere else.

Which is sad because Journey and Flower are great experiences that shouldn't be exclusive to one platform and would both benefit from the much higher resolutions available on higher performance hardware.

nexen

Didn't see it mentioned:

http://www.bundlestars.com/

10 games, $5.01, All Steam:

Section 8 (first one, GFWL)
The First Templar
Legendary
Dream Pinball
Disciples 3
Insecticide
Tropico Trilogy (1,2,3)
Imperium Romanum
SpaceChem
Dino D-Day

On the fence myself. I want First Templar and Dream Pinball. Kind of want Disciples 3.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
OK it seems I missed everything in the last few weeks in here. What's up with those cards? Is there a quick summary somewhere?

JaseC

Didn't see it mentioned:

http://www.bundlestars.com/

6 games, $5.01, All Steam:

Section 8 (first one, GFWL)
The First Templar
Legendary
Dream Pinball
Disciples 3
Insecticide
Tropico Trilogy (1,2,3)
Imperium Romanum
SpaceChem
Dino D-Day

On the fence myself. I want First Templar and Dream Pinball. Kind of want Disciples 3.

Xelios mentioned it about 24 hours ago, but I'm glad you've brought it up again because the site wasn't loading for me at the time and I forgot all about it, haha.

nexen

Xelios mentioned it about 24 hours ago, but I'm glad you've brought it up again because the site wasn't loading for me at the time and I forgot all about it, haha.

Anyone have any impressions of First Templar or Dream Pinball?
Or Disciples 3, I guess?

Grief.exe

Great article from EDGE magazine focusing on Klei, the makers of Shank, Mark of the Ninja, and Don't Starve.

I'm glad that Don't Starve and Mark have brought them so much financial success. They are now fully staffed and working on two unannounced games.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/how-mark-of-the-ninja-saved-klei-entertainment-from-starvation/

There’s a higher standard for game design at Klei since the success of Mark Of The Ninja, too. “We can’t accept anything less any more,” says Cheng. “It’s raised the bar of what we can do.” Before, Klei was best known for its two Shank games, both action-based brawlers. “I look back on Shank,” he admits, “and think it’s not such a good game.”

In the beginning, he was just trying to survive. Low on savings, he pitched proposals for ‘depressing’ contract jobs, including making a game based on the Bratz licence. Every pitch was rejected, which he’s thankful for in retrospect. “We were forced to just build our own stuff and try to sell it, because we couldn't get anything else.”

Klei has at least two more unannounced projects underway. The ability to develop this number of games at once only became achievable in the past year, when the studio reached a critical staffing level. Cheng says hitting that point was very much a goal. “We need the freedom to do what we believe is right for the game, to experiment with that. And in order for us to do that, we need to feel like we have choice, options, and that we aren’t bound to a single game or a publisher. Both of those things are important. Even if we were self-publishing and we only had one game, we would have to have that game hit. Otherwise our company is doomed. That would cause us to make the wrong decisions about the game, because we would make decisions that are less risky. We’d have to say, ‘Maybe we shouldn’t do that, because it might jeopardise our sales.’ The stress level’s much lower, now, with multiple projects. We get to experiment with a lot more things.”

nexen

Great article from EDGE magazine focusing on Klei, the makers of Shank, Mark of the Ninja, and Don't Starve.

I'm glad that Don't Starve and Mark have brought them so much financial success. They are now fully staffed and working on two unannounced games.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/how-mark-of-the-ninja-saved-klei-entertainment-from-starvation/

I really hope they do a military themed FPS next. The market is kind of saturated with quirky indie games lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom