• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

i6nmCKfP8XGZ7.PNG

iqAnPFel70tVG.PNG

iNKeZMkvzdO0T.PNG

well that was fun

wish there was anything more challening to look forward to in the game but bleh

first one is still way harder

So I posted most of the crap in my TF2 inventory that I could sell, and it's actually selling really nicely. Got Poker Night 2 out of item sales already, and I'm up to £2.12 credit with the big-ticket item (a Pyro's Beanie for £2.50) still not sold. Not bad, not bad at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My three copies of Football Manager are now on their way. Also, I stumbled upon the small area in BioInf that perfectly demonstrates how ridiculously short the LOD cut-off point is even at max settings:

bioinflodz9xdv.gif

That's amazing. I should play it at some point.

More Dark magic fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS49Dazin3E

---

Also, I stumbled upon the small area in BioInf that perfectly demonstrates how ridiculously short the LOD cut-off point is even at max settings:

Man that is pretty bad.

---

And yeah Dont' starve is pretty great. Just a question of how long it'll last now until I get bored of it, but I'm sure that will be long past the point of getting my money's worth. First PM gets a spare copy.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
And done with Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. The achievement list was simple enough to complete due to how broken some of them were. The last quarter is garbage due to a severe lack of playtesting or people wanting shit for finales. Chain stun-locks? Got it. Unavoidable damage from snipers? Check. Shitty timed segment? Done and done. Way too many fucking enemies? You bet.

The first half is okay. It has a weird gameplay loop built around the idea of kiting enemies. It could have been interesting, but it feels pretty awkward due to how they implemented 1st and 3rd person. I would have been fine if it ended at the barge part though.

lollau1t.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I received the achievement for jumping the bridge when I reached the other side using the rocks next to it.
The same happened to me. I had to do the 250 captures in a single sitting so I just quicksaved right before capping a dude and quickloaded 250 times since it didn't unlock like it should have over the course of the game lol.

ShaneB

I really need to get in on the "Don't Starve" fun times. The art style really put me off, but getting harder to ignore all the positive feedback here, and it certainly sounds like something I'd enjoy regardless.

JaseC

The same happened to me. I had to do the 250 captures in a single sitting so I just quicksaved right before capping a dude and quickloaded 250 times since it didn't unlock like it should have over the course of the game lol.

250 in a single sitting? I thought it was just 250 all up and an additional achievement if you snag them alive.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
250 in a single sitting? I thought it was just 250 all up and an additional achievement if you snag them alive.

Any achievement with a counter is broken and has to be done in a single sitting. This can be bypassed by using a save to repeat the action the number of times for the achievement. The barrel, treasure chest, and capture achievements can only be achieved this way or by beating the game in one sitting.

Was Stranger's Wrath problem with AMD ever fixed?

I may buy the game next time it goes on sale, but only if it runs well now :/

I got 60 on a 7850 without having to turn off any settings other than the SSAA. The only technical issue I had was that the final area crashed the game every time when reloading a save. It only happened on reloads and in no other area of the game. Still, I would recommend the game to no one.

My three copies of Football Manager are now on their way. Also, I stumbled upon the small area in BioInf that perfectly demonstrates how ridiculously short the LOD cut-off point is even at max settings:

bioinflodz9xdv.gif
I just got to that spot, it doesn't seem like a LOD issue so much as the papers being overlapped by the ash texturing when viewed at a distance.

JaseC

Any achievement with a counter is broken and has to be done in a single sitting. This can be bypassed by using a save to repeat the action the number of times for the achievement. The barrel, treasure chest, and capture achievements can only be achieved this way or by beating the game in one sitting.

Oh, JAW, you bunch of rascals.

I just got to that spot, it doesn't seem like a LOD issue so much as the papers being overlapped by the ash texturing when viewed at a distance.

It applies also to shadows in the game. Next time you're below a skyline, have a look.

Lumine

Hey does anyone have an extra copy of Torchlight 2 for sale or trade?

It turns out the game actually runs on my friends old crappy PC (which I did not expect), so now I'm trying to hunt down a copy for him so we can co-op the game this weekend. I'd be willing to pay a decent (sale) price for it or trade a game. I have a gift copy of Sleeping Dogs left in my inventory for example.

I got 60 on a 7850 without having to turn off any settings other than the SSAA. The only technical issue I had was that the final area crashed the game every time when reloading a save. It only happened on reloads and in no other area of the game. Still, I would recommend the game to no one.

Thanks Stallion. Looks like I'll stick with the other 50 games I haven't finished.

Li Kao

Hey guys, little question that has buggered me yesterday.
I bought and "completed" Terraria around the time of release. I know, well I hope that the dev continued to had a shit ton of things since then but... have all the new elements from the console port been added too ?
Not really dreaming of getting back into the game yet, because backlog, because addictive as all hell game, but I could see me changing my tune if the PC version is up to date.

sprinkles

It applies also to shadows in the game. Next time you're below a skyline, have a look.
I noticed the rather sharp shadow LOD right at the beginning of the game after the first shooting section. It was so distracting that I thought something must be wrong with my new rig or I had the AF disabled but I could not find anything.

1-D_FTW

And sure enough, Half-Life Complete is today's featured item over at Gamestop (66%).

P.S. I love how the competing services have begun aping Valve's rounding down technique.

Tizoc

Secretly the best overlooked first person melee game.

The people must know.

edit: also made by arkane studios, so it's got some dishonored vibes in it

Hmm I'm not a fan of FPS style games, even though I loved Deus Ex HR. mY PLAYTHROUGh in Dishonored was a stealth run, so does this game have stealth options?
Unless it lets you launch crazy attacks at just about everything.

I wonder if Dishonored will be getting its first decent Steam sale with that dlc being close to release? I stillll need to play this game.

Tizoc

I played the PS3 ver. and managed to get the 250 enemies trophy in my first playthrough. I didn't even know I caught that many lol.

The Blood Dragon talk reminds me that I was sad about no PC version of Flashback HD but since it's published by Ubi it wouldn't change a thing for me anyway.

kaleii

New bundle at Indie Royale: The Spring Bundle. Only two Steam games, but this gave me a good reason to upvote Knytt and Texas.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

• Knytt Underground for: windows, mac, desura
  • The Real Texas for: windows, mac, linux, desura
  • Monday Night Combat for: steam (pc)
  • SATAZIUS for: steam (pc), windows, desura
  • Gentrieve 2 for: windows, mac, linux, desura

Grief.exe

Meanwhile I just jumped in to get Don't Starve after resisting so long. Grief.exe's reputation on the line with this one.

Its over...I'm finished.

I think Don't Starve is one of those games where you are either going to love it, or not.

If you don't like the Terraria/Minecraft gather, survive, build gameplay than you probably wont like this. The only difference is, Don't Starve has more emphasis on surviving and less on building.

I think I'm dine with the game for now. Maybe Ill come back in a month after release and another content patch.

I don't have many options right now besides ducking through the portals.

Hey guys, little question that has buggered me yesterday.
I bought and "completed" Terraria around the time of release. I know, well I hope that the dev continued to had a shit ton of things since then but... have all the new elements from the console port been added too ?
Not really dreaming of getting back into the game yet, because backlog, because addictive as all hell game, but I could see me changing my tune if the PC version is up to date.

The console port is done by a different company and that content is owned by them.

The creator said that he wouldn't be releasing anymore content, but he was recently inspired and should be releasing some new content soon.

Well it will be available on UPlay obviously but will it be UPlay required?

Of course it will

If it requires UPLAY and Steam, I'm out.

If it is just Steam with Achievements I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom