• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Thanks - We took the route of a clean win install. Turns out there are quite a few other errors in his system.

That will do it too.

I generally do a reformat every 6 months just to keep everything nice and tidy.

man the talk about Fallout yesterday got this re-stuck in my head for more than a day now

http://www.tunnelsnakesrule.com/

This mod makes me want to replay Fallout 3

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48779214&postcount=1121

2eys3i.png

5xnswb.png

Grief.exe

God damn that Fallout 3 mod looks incredible.

That mod forced me to put Fallout 3 on my wishlist, this makes the game look incredible.

I played FO3 originally on my roomates 360 so I have never actually owned the game before or even played it on PC.

I'll pick it up when I see the right price.

That stupid-ass achievement. Win with 3 kings (but a full house doesn't count OHOHOHOHOHO!)

I got the trip kings achievement with a full house. That was 3 days ago, so maybe the games been updated. I had pocket kings as well, if that makes a difference for the achievement.

Joe Molotov

I got the trip kings achievement with a full house. That was 3 days ago, so maybe the games been updated. I had pocket kings as well, if that makes a difference for the achievement.

I think they fixed it after enough people raged over it. Then if I recall, it didn't even end up getting used as one of the Achivement Hunt achivements, although I could be wrong about that. There were so many rageful achievements that Christmas.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I am of the opinion that opinions can be wrong.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it could still be fundamentally wrong.
I always remember this Penny Arcade post with Gabe's answer to an e-mail that said "opinions can't be wrong". The dog example is great:

What gives you the right to call people’s opinions stupid and wrong? They’re called opinions for a reason.

I am sick of hippies trying to tell me that someone’s Opinion can’t be wrong because it’s their OPINION. That’s bullshit, plenty of Opinions are wrong. Hey, it’s my OPINION that dogs have eight legs and make a sound like a car horn every time they take a piss. If I told you that, would you say, “Okay Gabe I respect your opinion, maybe they do have eight legs.” or would you call me an idiot? Yeah, that’s what I thought. You are welcome to have your opinion that Link looks like ass but I am letting you know that the character designs are technically very well done. You can still not like them but that does not mean that they aren’t technically well executed and artistically sound.

-Gabe out

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Me too. Unless it has DRM, I feel like I don't really own it.

just kidding
lol, I simply forget that I have them. One day I should take a look at all those DRM-free games I've forgotten. Maybe there's a way of injecting SecuROM into them, and/or GFWL + Tages?

last part is a joke, don't shoot me

I am of the opinion that opinions can be wrong.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it could still be fundamentally wrong.
My not wrong opinion regarding wrong opinions is that your wrong opinion about wrong opinions is a wrong opinion, and you're wrong for thinking it's not a wrong opinion despite it being a wrong opinion. And I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore :p

Damn, I can't say you are wrong without agreeing with that opinion that opinions can be wrong.
PARADOX!

BigDug13

I always remember this Penny Arcade post with Gabe's answer to an e-mail that said "opinions can't be wrong". The dog example is great:

What gives you the right to call people’s opinions stupid and wrong? They’re called opinions for a reason.

I am sick of hippies trying to tell me that someone’s Opinion can’t be wrong because it’s their OPINION. That’s bullshit, plenty of Opinions are wrong. Hey, it’s my OPINION that dogs have eight legs and make a sound like a car horn every time they take a piss. If I told you that, would you say, “Okay Gabe I respect your opinion, maybe they do have eight legs.” or would you call me an idiot? Yeah, that’s what I thought. You are welcome to have your opinion that Link looks like ass but I am letting you know that the character designs are technically very well done. You can still not like them but that does not mean that they aren’t technically well executed and artistically sound.

-Gabe out

Just because you preface a statement with "in my opinion", that doesn't make what you say an opinion. Saying in my opinion a dog had 8 legs, that's not an opinion. You just stated a fact and led your fact off with "in my opinion". That's not the same thing.

An opinion is something that can truly have different answers per person that can be possibly correct. A dog has 8 legs is not an opinion just because you say so, it's an incorrect fact.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Just because you preface a statement with "in my opinion", that doesn't make what you say an opinion. Saying in my opinion a dog had 8 legs, that's not an opinion. You just stated a fact and led your fact off with "in my opinion". That's not the same thing.

An opinion is something that can truly have different answers per person that can be possibly correct. A dog has 8 legs is not an opinion just because you say so, it's an incorrect fact.

In my opinion, your statement is incorrect.

Boom, I did it too!

nexen

There is a distinct difference between having an opinion on something that is subjective in nature and having an opinion on something that is an objective fact.

In Viewtiful's case, I don't see anything wrong with his opinion on the game. He found the combat boring, its visuals ugly and most of the highest regarded aspects of the game mean nothing to him. Nothing wrong with finding a critical darling game that everybody wants to fondle to be not of your liking.

Fuu

That's the point of his answer though, that people say factually wrong things and say "it's my opinion".

edit: not trying to argue the Deus Ex thing with these posts as I haven't even played it yet!

nexen

Like Deus Ex being an amazing and completely not boring game.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is pretty amazing. I wish they had made a game like it years ago.

In Viewtiful's case, I don't see anything wrong with his opinion on the game. He found the combat boring, its visuals ugly and most of the highest regarded aspects of the game mean nothing to him. Nothing wrong with finding a critical darling game that everybody wants to fondle to be not of your liking.

It is too late. I think they got him.

1-D_FTW

I think they fixed it after enough people raged over it. Then if I recall, it didn't even end up getting used as one of the Achivement Hunt achivements, although I could be wrong about that. There were so many rageful achievements that Christmas.

Rage + Time = Fond Memories.

Bring back the hunts, Gaben.

legend166

I don't know what happened but since yesterday Steam is running absolutely atrociously. All I'm doing is download the new Company of Heroes steam version thing. It freezes, makes my computer hitch all the time, and playing any game is impossible. I've tried deleting everything but steam.exe, userdata and steamapps, but that didn't fix it.

I don't know what happened but since yesterday Steam is running absolutely atrociously. All I'm doing is download the new Company of Heroes steam version thing. It freezes, makes my computer hitch all the time, and playing any game is impossible. I've tried deleting everything but steam.exe, userdata and steamapps, but that didn't fix it.
The beta like 2 months ago fixed all the performance issues I had with steam.

Then like a week later it all went to shit and it's worse than ever now. Can barely navigate the client. I don't know what the hell they're doing.

That's the point of his answer though, that people say factually wrong things and say "it's my opinion".

edit: not trying to argue the Deus Ex thing with these posts as I haven't even played it yet!

Please tell me you are talking about Human Revolution and not the OG Deus Ex....

HoosTrax

So is anyone going to pick up Fez when it comes out, or are we too busy with our spreadsheets?
Depends on how much he's selling it for. Also, it's absurd that I have to use a conversion website to figure out how much 800 Microsoft Space Points is in real money.

(the answer is $10 USD, which is the current price of Fez on XBLA)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thought I'd list these out for those who aren't in the group. Information courtesy of the Hookups on Steam. (Blog link)

[Nuuvem]

2 for ~$10 deal* - Steam redeemable:

• Alpha Protocol
  • Binary Domain
  • Blades of Time
  • Omerta: City of Gangsters
  • Sine Mora
*ROW/standard digital versions with no region restrictions. Purchased via Paypal with no issues and I've bought from here before; they're legit.

[Gamefly]

20% off: GFDAPR20

*Only Available in the United States, Canada and Mexico.

[Gamersgate]

• A Game of Dwarves & DLC - 50% off
  • Defenders of Ardania & DLC - 50% off
  • Dungeonland - $5.00
  • Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West - $4.98
  • King Arthur & DLC - 75% off
  • King Arthur Collection - $4.99
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle - $9.98
  • Starvoid - $4.98
  • Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition - $14.98
  • The Kings' Crusade & DLC - 50% off
  • Train Simulator 2013 & DLC - 50-75% off
  • War of the Roses Kingmaker - $9.98
    • 4 Pack - $29.93
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane & DLC - 50% off
[GetgamesGo]

[GMG]

20% off - GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA - Valid on hundreds of digital PC titles*. This voucher will expire at 1700 UTC April 19th. (Works on new Dishonored DLC)
25% off - GMG25-COMPA-NYOFH - Valid on Company of Heroes 2. This voucher will expire at 1700 UTC April 15th.
30% off - GMG30-LLAKQ-WPPQZ - Valid on Defiance and Defiance Season Pass. This voucher will expire at 1700 UTC April 15th.

Dead Island: Riptide - Pre-purchase and get Survivor Pack DLC, Steam copy of Risen + $10 cash back/$13 GMG credit

Meridian 4
  • Avencast: Rise of the Mage - $2.48
  • Crash Time 2 - $2.49
  • Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons and Donuts - $2.49
  • Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals - $1.24
  • Pacific Storm - $3.74
  • Pacific Storm Allies - $3.74
  • Penguins Arena - $3.74
  • Post Apocalyptic Mayhem - $2.49
  • RIP Trilogy - $1.24
  • Scratches: Director’s Cut - $2.49
  • Space Trader - $1.24
  • Stellar Impact - $2.49
  • Tank Universal - $1.24
  • Wasteland Angel - $2.49
Nordic Games
  • Death Rally - $2.49
  • Genesis Rising - $1.24
  • InMomentum - $2.48
Racing Promotion
  • Bang Bang Racing - $2.49
  • Dirt 2 - $7.49
  • Dirt 3 - $8.49
  • Dirt Showdown - $7.49
  • F1 2010 - $8.49
  • F1 2011 - $10.19
  • F1 2012 - $13.59
  • F1 Race Stars - $9.99
  • Fuel - $3.39
  • GTR Evolution - $4.79
  • Grid - $5.09
  • Race 07: WTCC - $1.19
  • STCC: The Game - $2.39
F.E.A.R. - $4.99
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - $7.49
F.E.A.R. 3 - $9.99
Natural Selection II - $12.49
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - $4.99

Fuu

Please tell me you are talking about Human Revolution and not the OG Deus Ex....
Both, I got the three games in the latest collection deal on steam and I can't decide if I want to play the original or HR first, so I keep postponing it.

I gave Deus Ex at least two hours before I couldn't stand how bored I was of it's shit combat, too-big hub areas, and hideous visuals. Not to mention I really don't give a damn about non-linear/player agency/oooh all the choices

I've rarely forced myself though a game I don't enjoy. Life is too short to spent playing boring video games. Especially just so you can check something off your fuckin' backlog, of all the pointless things.
I can't even properly respond to this. You are forever tainted.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Quoting for the new page. Apologies.

Thought I'd list these out for those who aren't in the group. Information courtesy of the Hookups on Steam. (Blog link)

[Nuuvem]

2 for ~$10.44 deal* - Steam redeemable:

• Alpha Protocol
  • Binary Domain
  • Blades of Time
  • Sine Mora
*ROW/standard digital versions with no region restrictions. Purchased via Paypal with no issues and I've bought from here before; they're legit.

[Gamefly]

20% off: GFDAPR20

*Only Available in the United States, Canada and Mexico.

[Gamersgate]

• A Game of Dwarves & DLC - 50% off
  • Defenders of Ardania & DLC - 50% off
  • Dungeonland - $5.00
  • Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West - $4.98
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle - $9.98
  • Starvoid - $4.98
  • Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition - $14.98
  • The Kings' Crusade & DLC - 50% off
  • Train Simulator 2013 & DLC - 50-75% off
  • War of the Roses Kingmaker - $9.98
    • 4 Pack - $29.93
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane & DLC - 50% off
[GetgamesGo]

[GMG]

20% off - GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA - Valid on hundreds of digital PC titles*. This voucher will expire at 1700 UTC April 19th. (Works on new Dishonored DLC)
25% off - GMG25-COMPA-NYOFH - Valid on Company of Heroes 2. This voucher will expire at 1700 UTC April 15th.
30% off - GMG30-LLAKQ-WPPQZ - Valid on Defiance and Defiance Season Pass. This voucher will expire at 1700 UTC April 15th.

Dead Island: Riptide - Pre-purchase and get Survivor Pack DLC, Steam copy of Risen + $10 cash back/$13 GMG credit

Meridian 4
  • Avencast: Rise of the Mage - $2.48
  • Crash Time 2 - $2.49
  • Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons and Donuts - $2.49
  • Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals - $1.24
  • Pacific Storm - $3.74
  • Pacific Storm Allies - $3.74
  • Penguins Arena - $3.74
  • Post Apocalyptic Mayhem - $2.49
  • RIP Trilogy - $1.24
  • Scratches: Director’s Cut - $2.49
  • Space Trader - $1.24
  • Stellar Impact - $2.49
  • Tank Universal - $1.24
  • Wasteland Angel - $2.49
Nordic Games
  • Death Rally - $2.49
  • Genesis Rising - $1.24
  • InMomentum - $2.48
Racing Promotion
  • Bang Bang Racing - $2.49
  • Dirt 2 - $7.49
  • Dirt 3 - $8.49
  • Dirt Showdown - $7.49
  • F1 2010 - $8.49
  • F1 2011 - $10.19
  • F1 2012 - $13.59
  • F1 Race Stars - $9.99
  • Fuel - $3.39
  • GTR Evolution - $4.79
  • Grid - $5.09
  • Race 07: WTCC - $1.19
  • STCC: The Game - $2.39
F.E.A.R. - $4.99
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - $7.49
F.E.A.R. 3 - $9.99
Natural Selection II - $12.49
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - $4.99

drizzle

Axel Hertz
[Nuuvem]

2 for ~$10 deal* - Steam redeemable:

• Alpha Protocol
  • Binary Domain
  • Blades of Time
  • Sine Mora

Yes, they are legit, but you know what's crazy? They don't promote their sales. They have a twitter account, but they only retweet when people tell them they bought a game.

There's ZERO advertisement of their sales, ever.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, but in Deus Ex's case it IS wrong. And not liking it should be a crime, punished by a 10 hours Bad Rats sentence.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is pretty amazing. I wish they had made a game like it years ago.
I'm talking about the first game. Haven't played the sequels yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom