• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
In regard to things I'll throw money at when Amazon UK eventually brings back the free shipping to Australia promotion*, physical copies of CCR's albums is up there with hardcover editions of all the Asterix books. Unless JB HiFi has a classic rock sale in the interim.

Unfortunately, I recently tried to purchase Football Manager 2009, 2011 and 2012, only to be told that Australia isn't among the privileged countries (I think because the orders weren't to be fulfilled by Amazon itself). I had to spend an extra $10 or so ordering the games via eBay, but, hey, worth it!

* Amazon UK's trial run began in February 2011... and was extended a few times, ultimately ending in January 2012. Clearly it was a stupid success.
I have copies of all the original studio CDs (plus a vinyl of Chronicle, belonging to my dad), and now want the remastered versions. I have Live in Europe and Chronicle too, so I also need to grab The Concert, and Fogerty's new album, the remaster of Centerfield and the one that shares his name, which sadly isn't edited anymore and can only be found at crazy prices. And a couple of DVDs too.

Asterix is full of awesome, though I'm more a fan of Tintin. I'd like both collections, but if I had to pick one, it'd be the latter. Sadly my dad lent a couple of his books and never got them back, so now I have no way to know what happens after the rocket launched to the Moon with him inside.

Have you received the Football Manager games yet? Does it come with a CD key this time?

EDIT: lol, I mentioned Tintin, then read above's posts and saw that you have already started talking about him

Addnan

So now that MK9 is pretty much guaranteed, who here plans on picking it up? What price does this 2 yr old port have to be for you to break?

I'm guessing it'll launch at $30, but I'll probably wait for a $20 deal. Maybe we'll get a nice discount during the S... sale.
I am going to wait for a sale, but thats because I have owned it on everything that it has been release on :/ But I still want it on Steam.

sibarraz

Banned
So yeah, should I downgrade from 8 to 7 to get a better performance?

Also, im completely noob with pc gaming, I don't know how to get a better performance

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
So now that MK9 is pretty much guaranteed, who here plans on picking it up? What price does this 2 yr old port have to be for you to break?

I'm guessing it'll launch at $30, but I'll probably wait for a $20 deal. Maybe we'll get a nice discount during the S... sale.
I'll probably pick it up at launch unless they do something really scummy, like charge you $5 to play as Scorpion or some other Capcom style BS.

Also, im completely noob with pc gaming, I don't know how to get a better performance

Downgrading your is unlikely to give you a magical performance boost in whatever you're playing, I use 8 and get very similar, to exactly the same performance to what I did with 7 (been using 8 since October so obviously games that have come out since then I can't speak for)

Have heard some people say 8 runs some games better where in others it has a slight performance decrease. This is usually such incremental amounts that it shouldn't matter anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have copies of all the original studio CDs (plus a vinyl of Chronicle, belonging to my dad), and now want the remastered versions. I have Live in Europe and Chronicle too, so I also need to grab The Concert, and Fogerty's new album, the remaster of Centerfield and the one that shares his name, which sadly isn't edited anymore and can only be found at crazy prices. And a couple of DVDs too.

Asterix is full of awesome, though I'm more a fan of Tintin. I'd like both collections, but if I had to pick one, it'd be the latter. Sadly my dad lent a couple of his books and never got them back, so now I have no way to know what happens after the rocket launched to the Moon with him inside.

My dad has, at least, the studio albums on vinyl. He recently bought a record player, too, in fact -- I should pinch it.

Have you received the Football Manager games yet? Does it come with a CD key this time?

They were sent out on Thursday, so with any luck I'll receive them on/by the 22nd.

Buy a new CPU, GPU, more ram :p

Seriously, except for some games that might not be 100% compatible, Win 8 is not slower that Win 7 (in fact it's supposed to be a little bit faster I think, at least it is for me).

FloatOn

Nice. More fighting games on steam is always welcomed. I hope this does well so that Injustice can head our way.

I'll probably pick it up at launch because I never finished the surprisingly good campaign back in the day.

Nabs

Nice. More fighting games on steam is always welcomed. I hope this does well so that Injustice can head our way.

I'll probably pick it up at launch because I never finished the surprisingly good campaign back in the day.

MK9 @ 1080p/60fps is just so tempting. I might end up picking it up at launch.

JaseC

Perhaps in lieu of Kratos we'll get Gordon Freeman, thereby kicking off a convoluted Half-Life 3 announcement ARG. :p

Hopefully MK9 comes soon, I only have the vita version which while very fun and smooth(60FPS) has some of the worst textures on the system. Real shame because it'd be one of the best ports out there otherwise. The exclusive touch based challenge tower is actually pretty brilliant.
MortalKombat1_1335853005.jpg

It'll be nice to play the game in its full glory.

Greymanic

Neo Member
Odd question, I just bought a copy of Bioshock Infinite through Ebay and when I redeemed my copy it stated it was an NA version of the game. I'm assuming this won't cause any issues with me living in the EU will it?

JaseC

Odd question, I just bought a copy of Bioshock Infinite through Ebay and when I redeemed my copy it stated it was an NA version of the game. I'm assuming this won't cause any issues with me living in the EU will it?

Nope. The only BioInf sub that has regional restrictions is that which applies to Eastern Europe.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm really tempted by Dishonored but six months after release I feel like it's on the verge of hitting the $15-20 zone via GMG or Amazon anytime now.

JaseC

I'm really tempted by Dishonored but six months after release I feel like it's on the verge of hitting the $15-20 zone via GMG or Amazon anytime now.

Yeah, I assume a GMG deal can't be far behind. Also, Amazon doesn't sell DD versions of Bethesda games (this is literally the first time I've remembered as much).

HoosTrax

Anyone have the Steam version of GRID and know what DRM it uses? I have the retail version and I think I remember running into Securom with it.

Salsa

Wait, there are new releases that you don't own?

I dont know why ive got this fame of buying everything.

My (fake number) game list is like 895

JaseC and the rest of the brady bunch have almost 2500 each

edit: just checked Jase: 2,437

im outside that looney bin mayne

Twinduct

Think I've slowed down quite a bit. Been avoiding bundles!

JaseC

Anyone have the Steam version of GRID and know what DRM it uses? I have the retail version and I think I remember running into Securom with it.

I don't think it uses any particularly heinous DRM measure. The Big DRM List doesn't list the game and Enhanced Steam shows no red flags.

15€ is the sweet spot for me. It's a pretty dang old game and I was never a huge fan of Mortal Kombat.

Perhaps in lieu of Kratos we'll get Gordon Freeman, thereby kicking off a convoluted Half-Life 3 announcement ARG. :p

I'd like to say that I'm immune to crossover bullshit like this but...

Salsa

895 is a lot of fuckin' video games, lol
KuGsj.gif

especially when you got hundreds sitting in a backlog

oh that's the other part, i'd take any of you suckas on percentage of games played

I play the vidyagames that I buy

edit: also according to library it's 629 games. Valve needs to kill that fake counter

Have always found it weird how steam lists demos and non steam games you've added as part of your collection in some places. It's not very consistent.

oh that's the other part, i'd take any of you suckas on percentage of games played

I play the vidyagames that I buy

edit: also according to library it's 629 games. Valve needs to kill that fake counter

I can vouch for that. I'm jealous every time I see salsa pop up with a now playing notification.

JaseC

I wonder if Jase could go to like E3 and pass as a journalist saying he has a press steam account

Haha, the flights alone would cost too much. I might go to TIFF next year, though.

Edit: Oddly, the mobile version of Steam Community lists the actual game count. Makes me wonder if Valve will do the same for the desktop flavour.

Salsa

is that right now? it says 604 instead of 629

so Valve's not fake list is also fake?

also im pretty okay with half played, considering the number

JaseC

is that right now? it says 604 instead of 629

so Valve's not fake list is also fake?

also im pretty okay with half played, considering the number

That site would only factor in subs, whereas your games list within the Steam client has duplicate entries for, say, the SP and MP Call of Duty executables.

Blizzard

Banned
Mhmmm...

I'm a little annoyed that it shows me as owning 748 games when I actually only have about 400. (I feel bad about contributing to the DLC problem)
Where does that chart come from? The chart shows only about 400, unless you mean the community view shows 748.

Salsa

That site would only factor in subs, whereas your games list within the Steam client has duplicate entries for, say, the SP and MP Call of Duty executables.

I guess that makes sense

20+ less entries seems a bit much tho

weird

anyway yeah, they should do like steam mobile and just show you what you really own as far as games go

I bet at this point they dont do it because it would significantly reduce everyone's list and people who get high on that number would be pissed

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

2,995. ;) Still missing the DLC diarrhea BL2, Tomb Raider and Black Ops took on Steam so I could have already 3k, just not in a hurry.

And we get a different number in our library (1661), all games tab (1667) and every website that counts our Steam games so I have no clue what the truth is.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Dark Void

When it was first announced, I was excited about it. I liked the Pulp setting + Airtight Games(Former FASA who did one of the best online experiences I had ever with Crimson Skies). And I still like what they were going for with a sort of fast acting platformer shooter.

But the game just blows.

JaseC

Speaking of DLC dumps, I almost bought 50-odd pieces of SFxt DLC before, but at the last minute I decided to check Steamprices and saw that they've been half off in recent sales. You had me for a moment there, Capcom.

Salsa

Dark Void

When it was first announced, I was excited about it. I liked the Pulp setting + Airtight Games(Former FASA who did one of the best online experiences I had ever with Crimson Skies). And I still like what they were going for with a sort of fast acting platformer shooter.

But the game just blows.

Zero's where its at

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Those percentage played charts are flawed for the simple fact that they list all of the games we played for fifteen minutes once as played. I probably have more sub-one hour played games than unplayed games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom