• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

So noob question... I know I die at the end of the tutorial and warped to the nexus. Am I supposed to get back to life before starting the first level or I'll find my corpse somewhere in there?

I don't have a PS3 :(

My roommate does though and I have been trying to track down a copy of Demon Souls on Craigslist so I can play through it.

He only plays games like Fight Night and Madden lol.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Come to think of it, either Kentucky Route Zero or Prison Architect WOULD be nice on sale.

I was just kicking myself today for forgetting again to buy **Prison Architect. Spent all my gaming allowance on Dishonored (which owns, so whatever). I'm willing to bite the bullet at full price based on the concept and screenshots alone, I don't think I've seen any impressions in here.

EDIT - Wrote the wrong game in there. I need sleep.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow so far the dunwall trials are a lot better than the main dishonored game. Challenging and somewhat fun though it sucks there's only 2 stealth challenges.

dani_dc

So noob question... I know I die at the end of the tutorial and warped to the nexus. Am I supposed to get back to life before starting the first level or I'll find my corpse somewhere in there?

You won't be finding your original corpse anywhere.
From now on when you die you'll leave a "stain" where you died, which you can pick up to recover your souls.
To become human you'll have to either kill a boss (be it in your own world or in someone else world), or use an item called "Stone of Ephemeral Eyes".

ShaneB

Questions like this are exactly what I want fixed in Dark Souls 2. :( No game should be so obtuse.

dani_dc

EDIT: we are totally going to Community, aren't we? :'(

Not if I can help it!

So guys, any reason I shouldn't buy Galatic Civilizations II?(Besidse the fact that I won't play it)
I guess it might be on some bundle (the first game was on Indiegala after all) and that even if it isn't it will be on sale on summer again for a similar discount.

Also, La-mulana will be releasing this monday!
Hopefully Groupees is able to roll the keys for those that got the game on their greenlight bundle.
I haven't played the game before, but a friend of mine talked very well of it so I'm pretty curious to check the game.

Questions like this are exactly what I want fixed in Dark Souls 2. :( No game should be so obtuse.

I thought Dark Souls was fairly explicite on this matter, the game kills you and you start more or less where you were before and the game aims you to a different path (which eventually leads to the area where you died and you can see if there's a corpse there or not)

Plus, unlike Demon Souls, Dark souls didn't halve your life for not being in human form.

ShaneB

And that seems like their main goal.

And making a great PC port apparently.

Yeah, I'm still excited for Dark Souls 2 having a great PC release, but I just want to enjoy the game.

I thought Dark Souls was fairly explicite on this matter, the game kills you and you start more or less where you were before and the game aims you to a different path (which eventually leads to the area where you died and you can see if there's a corpse there or not)

Plus, unlike Demon Souls, Dark souls didn't halve your life for not being in human form.

Well my main point is just the game should do a better job of explaining certain things. The OT's for both Souls games are so damn active because 90% of the thread tends to be people asking about what the heck is going on :p

Derrick01

Banned
So does anyone know how to permanently get rid of punkbuster? I was going to play AC brotherhood and forgot it installs that garbage.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just wondering but has anyone heard of the Alliance Portuguesa and does anyone know why they invited me to join their group?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it wrong if I know that I should play something now, but I'd rather watch some AVGN videos I've seen countless times already?

Salsa

it's not working for me. Wireless 360 one

uh

edit: weird, connected the charger and now it works, but the gamepad was almost at full charge

anyway, disregard

Coldsnap

Does Terraria now support gamepad? I wish steam did a better job at this, my friend just said that Rayman has gamepad support but the page doesn't say it so I've always disregaurded it.

Li Kao

Just played my first few hours of batman arkham city and I'm so not feeling it.

Maybe it's a result of me having really loved the first one and being too hard on the sequel but it feels like it tries to let me down at every fucking chance possible.
The writing is weak and find new ways to try my suspension of disbelief.
The framerate slow down majorly at some rare occasion on a 560ti and in dx10.
The clever, well let's say relatively fun riddles of enigma have been turned to a fucking pressure plate fest.
I'm not feminist and some scenes with catwoman are just insulting (plant tentacle, hovering near the mouth of a woman, really...)
The open world execution, if not bad, feels weak to me too.

So yeah, it's not abysmal, there are positives in here too, but so far I feel let down.

Edit - Yikes, first post of page 50. It's a little intimidating. But it's a landmark, is Salsa going to offer me a game ?

My appreciation for Arkham City grew over the second playthrough, and I do believe it's a great game in it's own right, but some things still bugged me, like the story being all over the place or everybody calling Catwoman a bitch, lot of lazy writing. I have a GTX 560 and it ran fantastically well for me at 1080p.

Why don't more games use Steam's stats support? E.g. TF2 and CSS have stats pages in addition to achievements. I really wish every game, and especially MP games, would incorporate Steam stat tracking in addition to achievements. I just love me some stats.

For example, why couldn't Bioshock Infinite have all the stats it tracks (kills with each weapon type, containers searched, headshots, locks picked, etc) on the stats page? It would be awesome for stats freak such as myself.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why don't more games use Steam's stats support? E.g. TF2 and CSS have stats pages in addition to achievements. I really wish every game, and especially MP games, would incorporate Steam stat tracking in addition to achievements. I just love me some stats.

For example, why couldn't Bioshock Infinite have all the stats it tracks (kills with each weapon type, containers searched, headshots, locks picked, etc) on the stats page? It would be awesome for stats freak such as myself.

Does Valve make those APIs open to all Steamworks clients?

Sounds like a lot of work.

The only reason I like achievements is that they sort of act as stats, but I would easily substitute them for a full blown stat page for each game instead. I'd find that a lot more interesting than the BS most games pass off as worthwhile accomplishments.

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe I'm just jaded, and I like Batman, the Dark Knight movies etc., but I guess I don't feel like the Batman Universe has ever really leant itself to suspension of disbelief to begin with.

The only reason I like achievements is that they sort of act as stats, but I would easily substitute them for a full blown stat page for each game instead. I'd find that a lot more interesting than the BS most games pass off as worthwhile accomplishments.

I'm the same. I really only care about the stats, and I guess achievements are the next best thing seeing as they often reflect in-game statistics (except that they stop tracking after you've reached the achievement threshold).

Some guy on a site I found googling said that Payday had amazing stats, and he's right. There's tons of detail; I love it. Here's an example: http://steamcommunity.com/id/anonanon/stats/PAYDAY:TheHeist?tab=stats&subtab=overview

Li Kao

Maybe I'm just jaded, and I like Batman, the Dark Knight movies etc., but I don't feel like the Batman Universe has ever really leant itself to suspension of disbelief to begin with.

Yeah, this is really personnal and I fully understand the but it's a video game, from a comic book, with a man dressed as a bat, thing. And complaints about suspension of disbelief are often ridiculous, totally ok with that.
But I don't know, the creation of arkham city seems so out of there to me, so wut worthy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom