• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Speaking of Indies.

Fez is so strange. They put it up there weeks ago with no release date and no pre-purchase option.

Even Monaco shows no release date, no pre-purchase option, no price, nothing, but it will be released in 10 days. The pre-order will only be available on Steam on Wednesday 17 April.

If this is the same for Fez, the pre-order should be up the day Monaco is released.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Fez and Blood Dragon on the same day? Nice.

Plus Zeno Clash 2 the day before. Get in.

I'm interested in both Sacred Citadel and God Mode which are out next week. God Mode reminds me a lot of The Haunted Hells Reach which I quite enjoyed, hopefully the netcodes better in God Mode though.

Wok

5awxCcC.png

Upvote if you like hats.

I'm doing some HDD clean-up, does anyone know how heavy Blood Dragon is going to be? 10gb? Just wondering.

edit: and any news about those Mortal Kombat on Steam rumors? I'm a bit out of the loop.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Tony and Amazon got all this hype because they presented unexpected deals, even sidetracking Steam Sales by starting just a bit before it and cut its hype. But now they seem to be waiting for Steam to act first.
First Steam, now Amazon... Where are my good sales? C'mon guys, I DEMAND them!

HoosTrax

Even Monaco shows no release date, no pre-purchase option, no price, nothing, but it will be released in 10 days. The pre-order will only be available on Steam on Wednesday 17 April.

If this is the same for Fez, the pre-order should be up the day Monaco is released.
One possible downside to allowing preorders is that it front-loads purchases and the game won't chart as high on release day as a result, hurting visibility.

I beat Spec Ops yesterday, debating if I should play The Darkness 2 or just get back Killing Floor like I always do lol.
Darkness II lasts about as long as Spec Ops, so you can breeze through it fairly quickly.

There was a list of Steam games folder sizes on the web somewhere but I can't find it now. Maybe someone who has all the games can create such a list.

That would be quite useful indeed because some stuff looks interesting but then I see the file size is like 20gb and I immediately feel discouraged. 20gb is essentially 2-3 days of downloading. Sometimes even more if I'm working.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow that must have gone up today.

I thought I checked yesterday and it still said 2013.

And Dust isn't even up in Steam yet.
Nah, it was there from the very beginning. Still 2 more weeks to go, I'm tired of waiting.

So what is everyone playing today?

I'd love to play some more Call of Pripyat if my gf lets me.
Nothing, I'll be ruining music's good name with my band this afternoon.

Maybe tonight I'll play some more Duke3D. It's funny: I have so many unplayed games that I want to try, yet I resort to one I've played countless times before.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

This Wednesday is when the preorder page is expected to hit. They are waiting for the launch trailer to be complete so they can come out swinging.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

I wanted to get some Defiance played but I've spent a lot of the day being my 2 and half year old nephews punching bag/climbing frame :p That and we've been watching a lot of Peppa Pig and Fireman Sam. Still, I love being an uncle so I'm having a blast anyway. Hopefully get some Defiance played tonight, if not that then some Guardian Heroes coop on XBLA as a friend of mine very recently bought it.

Nothing, I'll be ruining music's good name with my band this afternoon.

Maybe tonight I'll play some more Duke3D. It's funny: I have so many unplayed games that I want to try, yet I resort to one I've played countless times before.

Nowt wrong with that, my familiars are Streets Of Rage 2, Chivalry, FEAR and Half Life 2. I can put them on and play a bit anytime :p Well not so much HL2 for a quick go, when I start playing that I always without fail end up playing the whole thing (played it through about 10 times now at least)

Uiki

Hopefully the indie bundle keys go out within the next 24 hours.

I asked the devs on twitter but they told me "i can't say when".

By the way, Monaco:WYIM is on sale again on the official website ($13.50 for one copy), but I plan to buy my copy from a 4 pack, one of these coming days, since it is cheaper ($11.25 per copy, not including paypal fees). Moreover, the pre-order will only be available on Steam from Wednesday 17 April. Who knows, we might get hats.

I'm totally hyped for monaco, can't wait.

Megasoum

Banned
How? I get no bites and I put it under the listed average price. Even my "rare" stuff that sells for $8 doesn't sell when I put it cheaper

Hmm I dunno, I did nothing special. I was checking the average price for every items and undercut everything by a couple of cents. It was mostly Tomb Raider and Deus Ex pre-order items.

Playing New Vegas, hoping to get to Freeside soon so I can experience the modded version that brings everything back together and allows npcs to roam throughout it.

Does the pc version of Lu-Mulana add anything on the Wiiware version or is it an exact port? At the very least does it have proper resolution support? I'll be getting it on the PC either way, but my friend was wondering about the difference. He wants to buy it on the wii for whatever reason.

Edit: What the hell, why is the anime girl talking over the steam trailer so annoying? What is this random babble?

That would be quite useful indeed because some stuff looks interesting but then I see the file size is like 20gb and I immediately feel discouraged. 20gb is essentially 2-3 days of downloading. Sometimes even more if I'm working.

Well, I don't know if this helps but I put together a list of the games I have installed at this moment with their sizes.
Here it is.
You can add the ones you have on that list. It'll probably survive until someone vandalizes it.

FloatOn

I would love to work on my "two in april" games, I've been seriously slacking this month. But I know I'll probably end up dicking around in something mindless like Defiance or Bit Trip Runner.

Greymanic

Neo Member
Considering it adds all the DLC which is 4x the price of the season pass this very moment even on sale?

probably.
Unless the Season Pass page on Steam is wrong, it actually doesn't add all the DLC. It only includes:

• Abyssal Forge
  • Demon Lord Belial
Which comes to the exact same price as the two sold separately. I'd still pick it up though as it does contain some extra armour but it really isn't a big difference.

Well, I don't know if this helps but I put together a list of the games I have installed at this moment with their sizes.
Here it is.
You can add the ones you have on that list. It'll probably survive until someone vandalizes it.

Thanks! Pretty damn cool. I don't suppose we have a thread for the frugal/bandwidth limited PC users around, right? This could be very useful for them so they know what they get into if they actually happen to want to play a game, on top of adding it to the backlog/game count, heh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Unless the Season Pass page on Steam is wrong, it actually doesn't add all the DLC. It only includes:

• Abyssal Forge
  • Demon Lord Belial
Which comes to the exact same price as the two sold separately. I'd still pick it up though as it does contain some extra armour but it really isn't a big difference.

When the Season Pass was announced it was supposed to also include Argul's Tomb (i.e. the "Day 30" content pack), but instead said DLC was temporarily made exclusive to pre-purchasers and it was dangled as a pre-purchase incentive and made available individually upon release. IIRC, the Maker's Armour Set is THQ's awful attempt at apologising for the confusion.

Santiako

Both DLC dungeons for Darksiders 2 are awful, short and reuse assets, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, and I really liked the main game.

Kassu

Banned

First Mass Effect. Already played through the main story a year ago, but apparently you can't return to complete side missions or Bring Down the Sky after the final mission. Now one year later I decided to start it again with a different class (picked Vanguard this time, playing as a Biotic is so much fun) and higher difficulty level (Veteran I guess).

It seems it was wrong decision to start playing this again just for the missing side missions since almost all of them are really boring and repetitive, they even use basically the same locations over and over again. Just started Bring Down the Sky and it seems more promising but I'm not sure if this still was worth it lol. At least main story missions are fun to play and I have finally a reason to play through Mass Effect 2-3 as well.

1-D_FTW

How? I get no bites and I put it under the listed average price. Even my "rare" stuff that sells for $8 doesn't sell when I put it cheaper

What do you mean by average? Some of these items have a gazzilion sellers. Undercutting the average price could still mean hundreds/thousands of items that are cheaper. If you want to sell something quickly, undercut the lowest listed price by one cent. You'll sell everything you list in hours.

Nillansan

I've been playing Super House of Dead Ninjas, it is incredible. It was only around £3 (it's £4.99 now) during the pre-purchase period and I've already put 18 hours into it.

I've finally unlocked the Light Saber and I feel ready to tackle Trans-Dimensional Leakage.

Oh wow I just found out that somebody made a proper widescreen fix for all three GTA games last month! I'm in San Andreas right now with proper 1080p with no stretched hud.

Now I just need to fix the controls.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=547841

Did they fix the framerate issues with Vice City? When I was playing it, if you weren't playing at (a fucked-up) 23FPS, the controls got screwed up because the framerate was so high. I tried to lock it at 60, but nothing seemed to work :S.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Hopefully finishing up Anna: Extended Edition (hit a nasty bug last night that prevented me from going any further. That sure soured things!) so I can wrap up my review for it and then a brief break before tearing into Monaco.

Maybe a bit of New Vegas if time permits.

Dr Dogg

Failing to heed morningbus' warning I decided to crank out Quantum Conundrum this weekend. Well that's 6 hours of my life I'm not getting back. Crap on a whole host of levels and has left a rather bitter taste in my mouth.

Jzero

Failing to heed morningbus' warning I decided to crank out Quantum Conundrum this weekend. Well that's 6 hours of my life I'm not getting back. Crap on a whole host of levels and has left a rather bitter taste in my mouth.

Why would you play it for so long if you hated it?
KuGsj.gif

Nillansan

Wow that must have gone up today.

I thought I checked yesterday and it still said 2013.

And Dust isn't even up in Steam yet.

I am pretty sure that Fez has been listed for May 1st since it went up on the 'Coming Soon' list.

Wow, has Dust really been confirmed for an April release?

April is already jam-packed with great releases and May is shaping up to be no different.

Megasoum

Banned
Did they fix the framerate issues with Vice City? When I was playing it, if you weren't playing at (a fucked-up) 23FPS, the controls got screwed up because the framerate was so high. I tried to lock it at 60, but nothing seemed to work :S.

Hmm I don't know, only tried San Andreas.

I have SA working in 1080p smoothly and I even managed to get SAAC 1.2 running on Windows 7 with all the proper controls working fine on the 360 pad. The only thing that I can't get to work is the rumble, not sure why it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom