• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noogy

Really? I've had my adaptor for years, since it's been released, and haven't had issues with it. I guess I was just lucky.

I've had one for years and found out they are very picky with your system's power output. Mine worked great for a year, seemed to die for another, and then worked great with another system with a better PSU. When it works, it works wonderfully.

kaleii

Mmm, wishlisting this too. Gutted that I missed the Build a greenlight bundle, but I didn't see all those bonuses until it was too late :(

I'm hoping Assetto Corsa is in it, and if it's not, I'm guessing it's a hopeless cause.

I almost feel like e-mailing Gaben and asking him this: If Ferrari thinks enough of their sims to basically give away their Ferrari license based on respect of their ability, how is that not good enough to be a Steam product?

But, hey. Bring on Bad Rats 2!

I'd just like most of the greenlit games to be ready for release in a timely manner for a change. So far it's only 28 released and 66 total greenlit, many not even close to being finished. I guess it shows what people want.

Nillansan

What's the deal with FONV? Is it more of a badwater, Borderlandsy setting? Can't decide whether to finally play it.

FO3 almost felt like more of a horror game to me. It was also kind of depressing wandering around fake DC and seeing little references to actual (renamed) real life locations.

New Vegas is incredible, it improves upon every aspect of Fallout 3 and it is much more akin to the original Fallout games in terms of atmosphere, depth and humour, which is not surprising since Obsidian are behind it. I've put 90+ hours into it (base game + a couple of expansions).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I am going to bed so I don't feel like listing the Steam keys out, but GameStop is having a sale on quite a few titles (mostly limited to NA and/or only 50% off though). Games which come with Steam keys should say "Protection: Steamworks" in the description. A few:

*US and Canada only

http://www.impulsedriven.com/explore/games/onsale?om=onsalemore

capturehkusc.png

Deques

I am going to bed so I don't feel like listing the Steam keys out, but GameStop is having a sale on quite a few titles (mostly 50% off). Games which come with Steam keys should say "Protection: Steamworks" in the description. A few:

All listed are not available outside of North America region, except for Dawnguard :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I am going to bed so I don't feel like listing the Steam keys out, but GameStop is having a sale on quite a few titles (mostly limited to NA and/or only 50% off though). Games which come with Steam keys should say "Protection: Steamworks" in the description. A few:

*US and Canada only

I can't buy the Rage DLC due to the stupid regional restrictions. One would think that with DD there wouldn't be such a thing, but it's PAL/NTSC all over again. Fuck.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Looking through the list, most of these have been cheaper on Steam I think, except for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Fall was ~$16-20 on Steam before. Some DLC here has not been on sale on Steam yet, some (and games) are the same price as the lowest history on Steam. But yeah, mostly only 50% discounts--nothing super.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Activision really needs to lower the MSRP on Tranformers: Fall of Cybertron. 60$ as a starting price before discount like a year after the game is released is pretty ridiculous considering it's not one of their ridiculously good selling franchises.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was going to bite on Dawnguard, but the price is showing as $20.09 for me. Not only is it Aussie Taxed, but the discount is 33% instead of 50%.

hah, I didn't even check if I could buy them.
I can't

I finished Hotline Miami and dropped Hell Naw Yeah! for good so I need a new game I can play in short bursts. Need to scour my library.

Activision really needs to lower the MSRP on Tranformers: Fall of Cybertron. 60$ as a starting price before discount like a year after the game is released is pretty ridiculous considering it's not one of their ridiculously good selling franchises.

$49.99 for Australians. Best country. Activision knows how to consistently look after us.

jediyoshi

*US and Canada only

Perfect, gonna pick up both xcom dlcs. Just contemplating dragonborn now

derExperte

I can't buy the Rage DLC due to the stupid regional restrictions. One would think that with DD there wouldn't be such a thing, but it's PAL/NTSC all over again. Fuck.

Oh no, they caught on to my sneaky VPN-shenanigans, something about customer service verifiying and 1 business day. Why don't you like my money?

JaseC

You know what else Acti needs to do? Put TimeShift on sale!

Nillansan

I finished Hotline Miami and dropped Hell Naw Yeah! for good so I need a new game I can play in short bursts. Need to scour my library.

Super House of Dead Ninjas would be a great pick. It's a mix between Super Meat Boy and early 2D Ninja Gaiden games.

zeno clash 2 is this month?

shit I gotta get on 1 fast.

I finished the campaign in one sitting, but I recommend that you try out the Challenge Tower once you have finished the campaign - there is a lot of fun to be had.

derExperte

Happened to me last week with Orange Box, but the payment cleared after an hour or so :)

Did you receive an order confirmation immediately? Because I didn't and it's not in my order history so I'm wondering if it got through in the first place. Also did you use a real address or a fake one from the US (me=real, only changed country and googled some phone number)?

kaleii

Did you receive an order confirmation immediately? Because I didn't and it's not in my order history so I'm wondering if it got through in the first place. Also did you use a real address or a fake one from the US (me=real, only changed country and googled some phone number)?

I actually used my real address, and it worked anyway. Could be 'coz it said that Sweden was an accepted country.

zkylon

zkylewd
Shame on you for not supporting your bros. I personally try to buy every game made by developers in America.
they actually came to argentina for a conference and asked who had bought the game and I was the only one :p

but it's already soothing to know that jasec is supporting devs from everywhere for all of us.

it's kinda comforting to know that if I ever get one of my games on steam I'll at least have 1 costumer. a costumer that'll never play the damn thing but still

JaseC

they actually came to argentina for a conference and asked who had bought the game and I was the only one :p

but it's already soothing to know that jasec is supporting devs from everywhere for all of us.

it's kinda comforting to know that if I ever get one of my games on steam I'll at least have 1 costumer. a costumer that'll never play the damn thing but still

I'm an Equal-Opportunity Supporter. The price just has to be right. ;)

JaseC

ah, I was counting on just wooing you with hats

Oh, yeah, hats and DDEs are my kryptonite. I'm actually a little glad that Sega got rid of the CoH2 DDE since the inclusion of the original games greatly inflated its price.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
yeah id bite on the rage dlc too if I could I think. Weird restriction
Yup. I want to play that game, dammit.

On the other hand, I don't think it's too wise to buy DLC for a game I haven't even started yet. But as I've heard that it segues with the main game, I'd rather play it all together from the start.

hah, I didn't even check if I could buy them.
I can't

That sucks, I thought the game was rightfully named.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no, they caught on to my sneaky VPN-shenanigans, something about customer service verifiying and 1 business day. Why don't you like my money?
That's why we can't have nice things, thanks for ruining it for everybody :(

Just kidding! Fucking regional restrictions.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, yeah, hats and DDEs are my kryptonite. I'm actually a little glad that Sega got rid of the CoH2 DDE since the inclusion of the original games greatly inflated its price.
I'd also put a Prima guide and soundtrack edition there just for you. And a censored German version too, so you can have another (useless) entry on your library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom