• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Also, this was a year ago, but I did finally get around to playing Fortix 2:

Let it not be said that I take freebies just for the sake of +1'ing my library. I ended up finishing the game and enjoyed it (oh but those black dragons are rage-inducing...). The game has some minor similiarities to that Jezzball game that came with some versions of Windows 95 (or 98).

Your reputation as a gentleman is intact.

I have a surprise for you. On the main title screen, rapidly rub your mouse over the bird on the big sword, over and over again. Just harass the crap out of it. Keep going. Trust me.

HoosTrax

Your reputation as a gentlemanwoman is intact.

I have a surprise for you. On the main title screen, rapidly rub your mouse over the bird on the big sword, over and over again. Just harass the crap out of it. Keep going. Trust me.
Fixed. And now I'm off to stroke a sword apparently...stay tuned...

Edit: haha Zed-mode, nice. This game is full of surprises (didn't expect the inclusion of the original, Fortix 1, levels as well)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me, or Eversion is creepy as fuck? I was bored and decided to continue it, as I had played the first stages some time ago, and it's... Well, you can be sure I wasn't expecting what I've seen, not at all.

I still have some gems left to collect. It's a very short game
though I read there's an extra level after getting every gem
, and a really strange one.

Beth Cyra

I'm really restless right now, and I'm wanting something to play but I really can't decide on what.

Can anyone suggest a game or two I should give a shot? I have about 15 extra bucks and I was thinking of picking a couple things up off of Steam and I just can't decide on what.

I already own Amnesia or else I would have picked it up since it was on sale.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm on a string of hitting games with weird graphics things.

First Monaco doesn't change resolution at all. It's locked at 720p if you play windowed, and I'm not even sure fullscreen changes. Even at that 720p resolution, the intro logo looks squished.

Now I run Kairo, and there don't seem to be ANY anti-aliasing options. Is there a way to force it for AMD cards? :p *edit* I found one and only one way to force it: Morphological anti-aliasing. There feels like there is some weird flicker when I move now, but I guess I will just deal with that.

I've now got Euro Truck Simulator 2 in my inventory. Do I play this game? Is it any fun, especially for someone who isn't much of a sim fan?

xJavonta

Banned
Just wanted to say thank you xelios for being willing to keep us up to date on the sales for games we can register on Steam. Really appreciate it.

For other folks, is MW3 worth the $20? I really don't care about MP, it would just be SP. I loved LOVED BLOPS 2 for this very reason.

Played it on 360, but I loved the single player. It's the ending of the trilogy and it was damn good.

xJavonta

Banned
Yeah, as a trilogy ending it was pretty damn epic.

It also didn't spit in the face of the player like Mass Effect 3.

See, here's where we're going to disagree lol

I actually liked the ending of ME3 and felt there was nothing wrong with it

[/hides so stallion doesn't buck the shit out of me lol]

Blizzard

Banned
Well after playing an hour or two, Kairo does indeed seem to be like Myst lite. So far most puzzles are trivial, and I keep expecting the game to suddenly end, but I only have maybe 1 or 2 out of 11 achievements so perhaps the game is bigger than I think.

It's like Dear Esther meets surrealist Escher Myst with 1990s graphics. Oddly compelling, and also oddly creepy in an "I'm going to die alone surrounded by ancient stone pillars and unnerving radio static" sort of way.

I recommend turning off the grain effect unless you're into that, forcing MLAA or whatever other AA you can get working, turning the mouse sensitivity waaaaaay down unless you're using a controller, and turning off the smoothing option.

cicero

I got so excited to see the Unity of Command Pack for only $7.49, plus the extra 20% off from the compensation deduction, as one of the special daily deals during the GamersGate Spring Sale, only to be crushed when I finally realized that "Other DRM" isn't really some secret obtuse way of saying "Steamworks". I really want this on Steam, but it is so cheap... :|

This is just like that Hindenburg disaster, what with the "humanity" and all.

MNC

It would've been awesome if I'd actually use the website instead of the steam client. Somehow it always forgets my credentials and I always need to do the steam guard stuff in Chrome.

Also, cautiously optimistic about Remember Me. I completely forgot that game exists.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Enhanced Steam makes it look like I'm using the Steam program for browsing the store but in Firefox/Chrome right?

Enco

It would've been awesome if I'd actually use the website instead of the steam client. Somehow it always forgets my credentials and I always need to do the steam guard stuff in Chrome.

Also, cautiously optimistic about Remember Me. I completely forgot that game exists.
Maybe it's your cookie settings?

I usually use the client but it's good for when people post links here. Plus I'll probably use it before buying games to check the DRM.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
See, here's where we're going to disagree lol

I actually liked the ending of ME3 and felt there was nothing wrong with it

[/hides so stallion doesn't buck the shit out of me lol]
I... I tried hard to come up with something funny to reply to this. But I can't. There's nothing funny about this.

I can't even joke about that ending. You know what? I'll let YOU choose instead what do you want me to post. You can make me write in green, red or blue. And because some "vocal minorities" complained, you can now refuse to choose too!

Chronoja

For the UK it's only a £0.01 difference. Gamersgate, for the UK at least, is the better option since you get blue coins for the purchase which, if you frequent Gamersgate, can be used to buy a game instead of using money should you acquire enough of them. If the square store has a similar system then disregard.

Phinor

For the UK it's only a £0.01 difference. Gamersgate, for the UK at least, is the better option since you get blue coins for the purchase which, if you frequent Gamersgate, can be used to buy a game instead of using money should you acquire enough of them. If the square store has a similar system then disregard.

EU customers can also purchase from Gamersgate using the £ price just by opening the .co.uk URL, making it the cheapest option. Also discount code "elder-geek.com" for extra 5% off.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Well, just bought Hitman Absolution from the Square Enix store.
Just so you know, everything went fine, Steam key clearly visible on the screen after the checkout, you don't have to look for it. lol

Ledsen

Bought Sleeping Dogs from US store :) Since I used my Borderlinx address I got Ohio tax and the total was exactly the same as it would've from the EU store :(

ngt

Not really since at SE Store you get Professional Edition for £4.99 and GG gives you a standard one.

hylje

http://www.getloadedgo.com/

We at Get Games believe the finer things in life don’t have to cost the GDP of a small country. That’s why we have Get Loaded. These are awesome games that’ll be a ton of fun and will sit proudly on your digital mantelpiece. For the next 48 hours you can pick any two of the games below for just €18! Time to impress your friends, go and Get Loaded!

Games to choose from(Steam):

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
LEGO The Lord Of The Rings
Sleeping Dogs - NOT FOR GERMANY
Serious Sam 3 + First & Second Encounter HD
Hitman Absolution Professional Edition
Civilization V Gold Edition
Sniper Elite V2: HCE - NOT FOR GERMANY
F1™ 2012

Not Steam redeemable:
DCS: P51 Mustang)
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission

Rufus

In accordance with German youth protection law, USK18+ titles are available to buy only between the hours from 23:00 to 06:00. Outside this time you can add these products to your shopping basket, but the purchase can only be completed in the time given above.

:lol Stupid political actionism.

Gamersgate it is.

Dave_6

Wow, prices on the Square Enix store are nice. Probably going to get Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution and Just Cause 2 from there tonight. Just got my first gaming PC built and these are three games I had on my list to buy at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom