• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Have to sleep now.

Wonder if PM box will have a "1 unread message" when I wake up.

now don't troll me you guys

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Firefox has now been officially updated to version 3.7

This is the fastest review process to date, and I'm hoping now that Enhanced Steam has been fully certified by Mozilla (it's not an "experimental plugin" anymore!) that future reviews will be equally quick.

This will, of course, allow me to keep the Firefox version as close to the Chrome version as possible going forward.

Grief.exe

Grid view is just too sexy

DRdThk0.jpg

I want, I want!!! More Deus Ex goodness sounds delicious. Gonna try this soon!

Why I haven't played IW and HR yet, I have no idea.
It's really well done, and I don't want to even add the caveat for a mod. Has its own tunes, custom weapons, loads of voiced dialogue, and is even comparable in length to Deus Ex proper; it's just all 'round impressive.

And not far into the game you can have a roughly half-hour conversation with a store clerk about Deus Ex's itself and its themes, so there's that.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Grid view gets old quick imo since 90% of the time I just want to quickly find and launch things (I do it through the system tray Steam icon more often than not actually). It's cool to see all those pictures once in a while though.

I used to leave it in detailed view with all the extraneous info but I'm totally a list view convert now, it has the best of all worlds. It also has the god-tier "size on disk" feature:
Just notice this pretty useful feature in list view.

rZYtDT6.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
icon is redundant in detail view since it has one on the right side.
But then the list on the left looks boring as fuck.

Or maybe even a little more boring than fuck.

It's really well done, and I don't want to even add the caveat for a mod. Has its own tunes, custom weapons, loads of voiced dialogue, and is even comparable in length to Deus Ex proper; it's just all 'round impressive.

And not far into the game you can have a roughly half-hour conversation with a store clerk about Deus Ex's itself and its themes, so there's that.
Haha, that's really meta. You've sold me well, and it sounds like something I'd pay for. It's free, right?

cammy84

I am tempted by Castlestorm but I think I will wait for a couple more opinions before I buy. My wishlist just keeps on growing

But then the list on the left looks boring as fuck.

Or maybe even a little more boring than fuck.

Probably, although i personally think the entire client needs an overhaul. The library section is not aesthetically pleasing. The list view with icons should have an option for bigger icons sort of how windows lets you choose different size icons.

Haha, that's really meta. You've sold me well, and it sounds like something I'd pay for. It's free, right?
Well look normally it's like a hundred bucks (or 200 copies of Bad Rats, whichever your preferred currency) or something and you know with something aping Deus Ex that's a value. But between you and me Rionaam, 'cause I like you so much? It's yours for a measly download of 850MB.

Romir

I used to leave it in detailed view with all the extraneous info but I'm totally a list view convert now, it has the best of all worlds. It also has the god-tier "size on disk" feature:

That's pretty cool.

Damn you Max Payne 3, Hitman: Absolution, Rage, and Napoleon: Total War. 100+gb right there.

Grid view is cool when you want to look at pretty pictures and post screenshots of your pretty library.

For practical purposes, it's absolutely useless.

Salsa

Too cluttered for me, I prefer at least a little separation like in Grief's.

they can be closer together too (eliminates that thin line distinction between them), but I prefer em this way. I like the clutteredness while scrolling

Grid view is cool when you want to look at pretty pictures and post screenshots of your pretty library.

For practical purposes, it's absolutely useless.

I disagree, just have the steam window selected, start typing name of game -> appears instantly

louiedog

I totally forgot that exists. Since I do most non-game playing Steam things in the browser anyway (thanks based jshackles), I might start using this.

That's what I do. All I do with the client is launch games and chat, but I don't need the full view for the latter. Thanks in large part to Enhanced Steam I much prefer to use the store and other Steam features in Chrome. Small mode has the added bonus of being faster and using fewer resources.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well look normally it's like a hundred bucks (or 200 copies of Bad Rats, whichever your preferred currency) or something and you know with something aping Deus Ex that's a value. But between you and me Rionaam, 'cause I like you so much? It's yours for a measly download of 850MB.
Thanks a lot! I was just gonna hit The Pirate Bay and download a pirated copy of it :p

kids, please don't pirate. It's really bad for the good (or maybe bad, I don't know) people who make the games you love so much. Besides, 90% of the fun of games is buying them on Steam sales; the other 10% is idling it for cards.

I have £2.00 left in my Steam Wallet from trading. So I need your help in deciding what to buy with it. Here are the games which within that budget that I don't already own. Which should I get?

Fortix
Guns of Icarus
BUTTON
Space Empires IV Deluxe
Critical Mass
Magnetis
Fortix 2
Still Life
Dead Pixels

Critical Mass seems like the best bet from reviews and stuff but I just wanted to know if anyone has played any of these games.

I don't know if this was posted but I'll post it

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow PC fans, rejoice! The demo for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for the PC will be available on Steam starting tomorrow! 'Like' this if you'll be downloading it!

Neki

man Mercernary Kings is super buggy, every couple of minutes it flashes a loading screen and eventually it crashes half way through a mission, bleh. It wouldn't be a problem if the missions weren't so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom