• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

Ehh, imho Rayman Origins destroys any modern Mario platformer.
Sure SMB3 and SMW are better, but that's a really high bar.

Yeah, I meant something more like Galaxy or Super Mario 64 and older 2D Mario games. It's not about the gameplay in case of Galaxy and 64 (since you can't compare 2D and 3D platformers), but rather about how diverse the experiences with each new world are. New Super Mario Bros. on the DS, the only one I played, is indeed slightly inferior to Rayman Origins.

sunnz

SOOOO disappointed TDU2 didn't go on sale. Was my number 1 game too, so sure it would have been taken of my wishlist :(

Still got like 5 games, so not that bad ( since all I need to do is wait till September the 17th for GTA V)

Tenrius

Still got like 5 games, so not that bad ( since all I need to do is wait till September the 17th for GTA V)

Or you could jump another boat and wait till July 25 to play Shadowrun Returns.

Available: 25 July 2013
This game will unlock in approximately 2 days and 20 hours

Only three more day till the second coming of isometric WRPGs! Well, my hopes for this new Shadowrun are not as high as for Project Eternity, but I'm still pretty excited.

Blizzard

Banned
Cool OP.

I was considering writing short impressions as I try new games. Does anyone (especially if you are of the mod persuasion) have opinions on whether I should bump the ancient thread, or whether we should start a new brief review/30-minute-or-whatever-impressions thread?

I've kept playing FTL instead of any of the games I got this sale, some of them are even installed.

Call me Commodore Steel from now on.

Grief.exe

ibf7LB6yk1qOyu.png

This has INSALLED instead of INSTALLED! D: Otherwise, cool OP.

I was considering writing short impressions as I try new games. Does anyone (especially if you are of the mod persuasion) have opinions on whether I should bump the ancient thread, or whether we should start a new brief review/30-minute-or-whatever-impressions thread?

Will fix right now, good catch.

EDIT:
ibscyGMdABFQ9A.png

Caerith

Is there a "ITT: We actually play Steam games we only installed to idle at the main menu for cards, then review them" thread?

Hawkie

Just realised now my last card of the Summer Sale was a Tomb Raider foil (my first foil after 150+ drops). Quite a surprise to say the least

oipic

ETS2 is wonderful.

My first real job, delivering three large pipe-like things to Praha from Bratislava - sun shining as I pass by fields of sunflowers, and a tractor-harvester-thing actively working away in a nearby field, while Czech country radio provides the soundtrack. The sky darkens gradually, it soon begins to rain, but I pop my lights on, activate the wipers, and carry on... all the while grinning like a loon. It's then that it made sense, this is why folks love this game. Get it, friends!

Oh, but the reversing and parking - gosh, do I need to study some how-to videos or something! Spent 30 minutes folding my truck in half, pointing every which way but the correct one.

Going to post one more time and hope for replies as I head to class.

Anyone that uses Windows 8.1, or even Windows 8, able to get Lost Planet 2 working? Managed to get other GFWL games working but Lost Planet 2 still closes upon choosing a direct x version. No warning, no error, it just shuts.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Since the pace of giveaways is slowing down, I will be adjusting the default throttle timers to be more permissive.

The new rules:
- You can only win every 10 minutes
- If you've won 9 or more games in the last week, this becomes every 6 hours
- If you've won 15 or more games in the last week, this becomes every 24 hours.

In addition, I will be implementing timed raffle functionality over the coming day or two. Finally, I am investigating some edge case bugs involving ModBot not obeying the 30 second PM window (basically if one heartbeat runs very slowly and the next heartbeat runs very quickly, this can happen) and rewriting code to avoid this.

maneil99

Well this is shitty, as some of you might have read my awesomenauts was revoked, I traded for it when it was released :( steam doesn't seem to know much. Worth spending 15$ to pick up again? I am low on cash so I don't want to waste it

2 Message by Support Tech Josh on Mon, 22nd Jul 2013 12:04 pm
Hello Maneil,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

Your CD Key for this game has been revoked at the request of the publisher.

You will need to contact the seller for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I got all the DLC on the Steam version of Gotham City Imposters i had on the GFWL
Version. And people that bought exlusivisly through the GFWL store where given keys to use on Steam.

I wish the same were true for SSFIV:AE :(

Grief.exe

I got all the DLC on the Steam version of Gotham City Imposters i had on the GFWL
Version. And people that bought exlusivisly through the GFWL store where given keys to use on Steam.

Completely different situation from a pay to play game got converted to a F2P game.

Those same people who obviously liked the premise of the game enough to buy it will most likely be apart of your community and spend more money in your store.

And, if I remember correctly, it took them a little while to get that fully implemented. 2K would rather maximize their profit margins and have no reason to try to attract you to their game other than paying the initial fee.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Kung Fu Strike -- MB-1D69621C05A6A32B
Zeno Clash -- MB-51CEEDE9E47115B0

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

AfterFall Insanity -- MB-CC8B37F0E4F8C455 - Taken by Cheddahz

First submission bugged out on this key hence the 2 posts.

1440x900 is too mainstream for Mr. Fish.

See, I say that sarcastically but I have a terrible feeling he'd say something stupid like that if asked about it.

His schtick is saying ridiculous things deadpan, but I don't think he realizes the tone isn't easily recognizable through text.

DrTeflon

I bought so many stuff during this sale that I forgot most of it. That being said I'm getting back on Ets2 and KSP. Steam store looks so weird without summer sale stuff.

Hawkie

I remember spamming Provoke like a madman standing in Dragon's Aery with about 200 Japanese and Americans and then tanking that beast as a Ninja for 30 minutes with the rest of my linkshell, all just for those Dalmatica drops. Good times.

FYC

Banned
Got all blue orbs in DMC4 a couple of days ago on PC version

Shame on y'all who didn't buy it, game of the forever next to DMC3

I wish DMC3 on PC wasn't dog balls though

Well unfortunate resolution aside, Fez is pretty damn good. It's just a shame to only get to see the game inside of a tiny box..

Vodh

I got about 12 games on the sale, and *gasp* played 5 of them! I even finished 2 (Gunpoint (which was absolutely amazing) and Antichamber (fuck this game, trying to fuck with my mind like that, beaten out of sheer stubbornness)). Soooo...
went back to try Guild Wars 2 again after 9 months break. Backlog can wait, it won't go anywhere. So back to the usual business for me, I guess :D

I got about 12 games on the sale, and *gasp* played 5 of them! I even finished 2 (Gunpoint (which was absolutely amazing) and Antichamber (fuck this game, trying to fuck with my mind like that, beaten out of sheer stubbornness)). Soooo...
went back to try Guild Wars 2 again after 9 months break. Backlog can wait, it won't go anywhere. So back to the usual business for me, I guess :D

My backlog suffers for similar reasons. No matter what I do I keep coming back to BF3/FIFA/COD as I can only fit short sessions nowadays. I miss marathon sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom