• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I completed Fez today. Phil Fish is a genius. Truly the Citizen Kane of gaming.

dLcNrqOl.jpg

I have it, I just haven't played it, yet.

Volotaire

I'm gonna go with a stupid question: How does DunderHassan sell his wares so cheap?

It appeared briefly at Greenlight, but it was down voted and Bad Rats inherited the Steam.

He can exploit regional price differences in the steam store from Places.

Add that on to pricing errors sometimes, and you got some cheap deals there.

Hakkuei

Monk, if you are interested in more Walking Dead, you should check out Telltale's next game, The Wolf Among Us.

Its based on a comic book I believe. Here's a RPS interview: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/16/telltale-on-wolf-among-us-following-the-walking-dead/

All of these screenshots are from gameplay

Gotta post dem hi-res shots to do it justice:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_14036_fr.html

I'm even more excited for this one than TWD season 2. It looks absolutely fantastic.

Finally mastered trailer parking on first try 100% after 4 hours into the game. But I still need the help of fly-cam number 2 to see where I'm going though.

I refuse to leave the first person view so I mapped the look left and right to the paddle shifters. I most cases I get it the first time now. I still spin the camera to look out the window but I'm starting to get better to only rely on the mirrors.

Fireblend

Banned
what is so good about it?

I wouldn't call it The Citizen Kane of gaming (lol wat), but it's lots of fun. The music is brilliant, the atmosphere and general style is pretty great and relaxing, it's got some clever puzzles, solid controls, plenty of beautiful looking areas to explore, and the 3D shift thing is really clever and well used... it does its thing really well.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally mastered trailer parking on first try 100% after 4 hours into the game. But I still need the help of fly-cam number 2 to see where I'm going though.
Is it really that hard? Oh well, hope my customers don't mind if I park the truck across the street.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam Remote/Mobile...remote downloads...

What? When? How? Why?

Ok, seriously how does this work?

Like this:

1. You're logged in to Steam on your desktop
  2. You're running the Steam app on your mobile
  3. Press "Install" on the mobile
  4. The game starts downloading and is installed on your desktop

nexen

Navigating Fez's world when you just want to get to an area where there are things left to find is a serious chore.

Fez needs a quick travel.

bender

What time is it?

Nymphae

Banned
Navigating Fez's world when you just want to get to an area where there are things left to find is a serious chore.

Fez needs a quick travel.

Yeah this really wore me out on the game, figuring out where the hell you need to go while backtracking was just not fun.

Matchew

Kinda off topic, but I was wondering what other PC Gaming blogs are worth checking out besides Rock Paper Shotgun?

RS4-

Speaking of Mercenary Kings, I don't remember if it was a PSN/XBLA game or something on Steam, but its like Contra or Metal Slug and there is either a rewind feature or something about having 100 lives.

Any ideas? I'm fairly sure it was shown sometime last year, possibly e3

nexen

Yeah this really wore me out on the game, figuring out where the hell you need to go while backtracking was just not fun.

I'm at that point right now. Love the visuals, love the gameplay, but goddamned do I not want to traverse the world anymore.
I'm fine with it in a new area where I'm exploring or figuring out how to get something, but not when I just want to go from door to door.

Karu

Picked Gnomoria as the first game after the sale. Well, restartet two times and the only thing I' thinking right now is: What the f?! Not that wouldn't be able to figure out the interface and design, but the gnomes themselves are just stupid&unresponsive.

Early access, jup.

Just got back into PC gaming due to the upcoming console generation shift and grabbed Prison Architect and Kerbal Space Program in the sale.

Man, both of these games are just hilarious fun. KSP is arguably even better when you're playing it "wrong" than then you are playing it "right."

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Have you played Monster Hunter?

In Mercenary Kings you have missions, and you level up by completing them.

However, in these missions, you gather materials and money, which you can use o craft new weapons, armor or mods that add special things for your character (like increased Rare drops from enemies).

Each mission has Primary and Secondary objectives, which will provide you more benefits on completing them.

They even have time limits (7, 15 minutes) for each mission. The maps in which these missions take place are, sometimes, repeated (just like there's only one map in Monster Hunter).

It has all the core elements of monster hunter, except you're playing it in a Metal Slug-type of side scroller.

This game subtitle should be "Metal Gear meets Monster Hunter" and it would sell a million copies.

KNT-Zero

Oh my god guys.

Rayman Origins is AMAZING.

Every world I've been to is brilliantly designed and structured, the music is top-notch and the animations fluid and natural-like! Controls could be more responsive at times, but WHATEVER! This game is so great... it's really safe to say it can put to shame any of the New Mario Bros games.

The thing about this game, is that I don't want it to end! I didn't feel this way since Paper Mario 2. This shit is MAGICAL.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm at that point right now. Love the visuals, love the graphics, love the gameplay, but goddamned do I not want to traverse the world anymore.
I'm fine with it in a new area where I'm exploring or figuring out how to get something, but not when I just want to go from door to door.

I was at that point a few months ago and just stopped playing it, it's a hard game to get back into once you've taken a break. I agree though, everything else about the game is pretty wonderful. It's just so tedius, and it feels like you're never really doing anything other than finding your way around the confusing world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom