• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

jinx just updated their valve licensed apparel
http://www.jinx.com/shop/coll/Valve/srt/new/

tLitwc8.jpg

Damn I still need to get me a headcrab hat

bengraven

Same, its not that bad..

I was hyped as shit about Fable 1 and loved it (though didn't LOOOOOVE it like I hoping to). I truly love Fable 2 and won't apologize for that - it's a fantastic game.

I just wanted to play a Fable game and that's what I got and I'm having a ton of fun.

Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-F091106ACDAFA628 - Taken by louiedog
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-D318235406DE2E10 - Taken by IamAwake
Zeno Clash -- MB-58CCA9B5F096674B - Taken by Cyberquake

Leftovers from the Bundle Star. Lurkers can have fun too.

I'm really enjoying Go Home Dinosaurs, the first game I've been playing from my summer haul.

It's a casual tower defense, but has some near mechanics like needing to choose which towers you want before a mission.

oipic

Well you guys can't play 20 games at once.

You have to start somewhere, its usually with one game.

Unstructured sandboxy games are a backlog management nightmare - I think I picked up too many of these this sale (thanks for the KSP push though, GK86).

There's something to be said for linear, relatively-short story-based games that have a definitive 'end' - I personally find I have to make a conscious effort to intersperse these among other less structured gaming, so it at least feels like there's some momentum in ticking games off from the backlog.

I'm really enjoying Go Home Dinosaurs, the first game I've been playing from my summer haul.

It's a casual tower defense, but has some near mechanics like needing to choose which towers you want before a mission.

What do you mean by casual tower defense? I've heard the term a lot, but I'm not sure how it works.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Going to go through Dishonored or Neverwinter Nights 2 most likely, now. One is previous sale, one is this sale.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot's code is updated to fix a few things:
- Now there are three robots to send out PMs, so large giveaways should run faster than they did before.
- PM sending is more efficient, so there should be less delay period (previously many kinds of sends had a one heartbeat delay between processing and sending, this is no longer the case).
- ModBot should be able to detect when the PM throttle happens and will resend the PM ASAP if it does, so no more people should slip through the cracks.
- Previously the lurker requirement was >5 posts, now it's >=5 posts--an enormous number of people with exactly 5 posts in one thread or the other were applying for giveaways and being rejected, and I think they thought they were eligible. So just for clarity sake, 5 or more is now the lurker threshold.

Is that Retrograde 10x giveaway still coming?

What about it? If you won a key and didn't receive it via PM, follow the procedure for requesting your loot from ModBot. (You send him a PM with the subject my loot)--if you didn't win, you didn't win :p

What do you mean by casual tower defense? I've heard the term a lot, but I'm not sure how it works.
The mechanics are simple (no resource management, towers don't upgrade) and the overall difficulty is fairly tame in comparison to other games similar I've played.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Unstructured sandboxy games are a backlog management nightmare - I think I picked up too many of these this sale (thanks for the KSP push though, GK86).

There's something to be said for linear, relatively-short story-based games that have a definitive 'end' - I personally find I have to make a conscious effort to intersperse these among other less structured gaming, so it at least feels like there's some momentum in ticking games off from the backlog.

Glad I could help. Hope you are enjoying the madness lol. But I agree with you. I have a ton of games and keep coming back to KSP and Civ 5.

maneil99

Watching the steam market is really interesting, someone should program something to average all the cards prices and make a stock counter

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ModBot's code is updated to fix a few things:
- Now there are three robots to send out PMs, so large giveaways should run faster than they did before.
- PM sending is more efficient, so there should be less delay period (previously many kinds of sends had a one heartbeat delay between processing and sending, this is no longer the case).
- ModBot should be able to detect when the PM throttle happens and will resend the PM ASAP if it does, so no more people should slip through the cracks.

What about it? If you won a key and didn't receive it via PM, follow the procedure for requesting your loot from ModBot. (You send him a PM with the subject my loot)--if you didn't win, you didn't win :p

How do you add people to the Blacklist? I've got people I block every time and it'd be easier to just have them on that no no list.

Freezard

Not able to email duplicate games so another post is coming when these are redeemed.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-D2ACF7680F389298 - Taken by jshackles
Day of Defeat Source -- MB-64549867765919E6 - Taken by super-famicom
Killing Floor -- MB-926CCCF6C848C1EF - Taken by Terra_Ex

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not able to email duplicate games so another post is coming when these are redeemed.

OMG You rule! I won Resident Evil 5 - which I was planning on picking up during the sale but missed!

Thanks so much!!!

Dingotech

I see the price of the Summer Sale cards is rising, I should have hung onto more of them.

I wonder what the price ceiling will be? Supply is only so limited I suppose.

I see the price of the Summer Sale cards is rising, I should have hung onto more of them.

I wonder what the price ceiling will be? Supply is only so limited I suppose.

People will give up on trying to craft the badge, so I'd say in 1-2 weeks is the max you can get for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom